+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pregnant 5 months after giving birth

Hi Ladies,

I gave birth to my daughter on 2/3/2010, making her 5 months. I am exclusively breastfeeding her and have not had a period yet. I have recently been feeling very nauseous and tired and my nipples have been very sore when she feeds. I took a pregnancy test and got a faint positive Not believing it as I thought the chances of getting pregnant were pretty slim when breastfeeding I took another 2 over the next 2 days and yes they were positive aswell. I definitely feel pregnant and went to the dr for a blood test. As I haven't had a period yet she sent me for a ultrasound for correct dating and the tech said that she couldn't see anything. My dr said that it might just be too early and has booked me another scan for the 18th. I have no pain and no bleeding. Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks
    Last edited by Razzleberry; 09-08-2010 at 11:06. Reason: typo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hey there i found out i was pg with my second four months after having my first. I was bf-ing and on the mini pill - i guess it was really meant to be lol. I know some mums bf all through their pregnancy and continue to feed both. I was already having supply issues so i ceased breastfeeding when my first was six months. But congratulations and goog luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You can still get pregnant while breast feeding.

I'd say you are pregnant.

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes this happened to me (now 22 weeks pregnant). I felt pregnant straight away (though wasn't menstruating - just 'felt' pregnant) , and had a scan... the scan showed a sac but no baby or heartbeat, they weren't sure if it was too early or what. I had another scan 2 weeks later, at that time I was 7.5 weeks and all was well with strong heartbeat etc.

If you are before 6 weeks then it is probably too early to see much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    As I understand it it's pretty much impossible to get a positive preg test without being pregnant.

Congratulations!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If you had only a faint line on your pregnancy tests it's probable that it may be too early to see anything on an ultrasound. It may be that you are only 4 - 5 weeks yet.

I fell pregnant with Jonty 5 weeks after having Seth. So they were meant to be 10 and a bit months apart. But then Jonty arrived 8 weeks early so they are only 8 months apart. I love having my last 3 boys so close together but it's pretty full on sometimes! Good luck with everything and let us know how your blood test goes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have fallen pregnant 3 times now while breastfeeding. The first two times were before my babies were 6 months, so they were exclusively breastfed (the last time DS was around 9 months, so only having 2-3 feeds a day).

I had gotten my period back though, as it seems to come back for me pretty much straight away after birth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would say that you are pregnant...especially after 3 BFP. Congratulations.
    I would agree that if you only got a faint BFP it would be to early, HB is not usually detected until at least 6-7 weeks.
    I hope you scan goes well.
    I have fallen with my last two while breastfeeding.
    My girls are a day short of 11 months apart...I feel when DD2 was 4 months but DD3 came 3 months early...I then fell pregnant again when DD3 was about 6-7 months but he came nearly 4 months early so there is 13 months between them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As I understand it it's pretty much impossible to get a positive preg test without being pregnant.

Congratulations!!
    yes dear you are pregnant,..
    best of luck and many congrats,...

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    *raises hand* I fell UTD with DS2 when DS1 was 5 mths exclusively breastfeeding with no return of my period.

Congratulations