Hi, my name is Michele Bell and as part of Psychology Doctoral degree I am conducting research concerning the role of thoughts and mood on bonding emotionally with baby during the perinatal period (from birth to 6 months). I’m particularly interested in the experiences of mothers who have given birth prematurely but also interested in these emotions regardless of the birth. Although there is much knowledge and literature on mood (i.e. postnatal depression), little is known about the role that anxiety may have on mothers bonding behaviors with her baby and mother’s own well-being.
You don’t have to identify yourself as a mother who has experienced any psychological distress to participate: you may consider the birth of your baby and following months as the most pleasurable experience you have had; or been a little or very depressed or anxious; or not sure what to make of the whole experience; or maybe none of these apply to you. I am simply interested in exploring everyday experiences and emotions in motherhood, the day to day management of those experiences and emotions that may or may not be helpful during this time.

The survey is online so if your interested and have baby less than 6 months old (corrected) just follow this link http://opinio.online.swin.edu.au/s?s=6884 and the procedures and aims of the study will be outlined to you. It should only take 30 minutes and at the end you can enter a raffle that is valued at $200 (a coles myer gift voucher)…..a small token of my appreciation for you time!

Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions at m.bell01@optusnet.com.au

Thanks and I wish you all the best!

Michele Bell