+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Smile when is it time 4 one sleep???????

just wondering what age and signs were shown to indicate that bubs only needs one sleep??? kayden isn't at all happy about going down 4 an arvo sleep round 4pm but he gets to grumpy if he doesn't have one. the morning sleep is rougly an hour or so at about 11am!!!

Carole.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My son started to go down later in the morning around 10.30am instead of 9.30am. Then I gradually moved each time week by week so it wasn't such a big change for him. Then he kinda just slept from 12-2.30 but now it's 12-1.30pm. For the afternoons I use to put him in his cot and he read books to himself. Just so that he could have some quiet time to last him thru the afternoon.

Kylie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello.
    My little girl is 2yrs old and only has one nap a day. I find she gets tired around around the 10.30 - 11 am mark. I'm not too fussy on time schedules, she usually tells me now when she is tired and wants to go have a sleep. It depends on the day too and whether she has had a chance to have her little nap (which can last from 1.5hrs - 3hrs.) but I don't really encourage her to have a sleep after 3pm. As much as she gets grizzly, I hold out for a few more hours and let her go to bed for the night. She will usually go to bed about 7.30 - 8pm.
    On the days I feel a little more "frazzled" than others,and she is really grizzly, i have to tell myself over and over that she is "just tired" and that seems to help me stay "sane" lol. It keeps the patience intact!
    Jo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We started at around 12 months old. Similar to your bub, sometimes DD would seem not to need a 2nd sleep. And gradually moved her morning nap later. Overall took 2 to 4 weeks of transition during which her sleeps were all over the place, even sometimes a short 2nd one as late as 4 or 4:30. So try to just go with the flow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    From experience, its time for one sleep when two sleeps are just not cutting it!!
    I found when my DS2 was about 10months old that he was having two "power" naps a day (one in the morning and one in the arvo), so I gradually stretched him out for ONE sleep in the middle of the day.
    I also gave him a snack before and I found he slept longer.
    Now both DS have lunch around 11.30-12pm, then its straight to bed and they both sleep minimum 1.5hours, sometimes 2 hours a day.
    May you find something that works for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My two are very different.

Number one son went to one sleep at 12 months (1½-2 hrs) ... he was never a particularly good sleeper anyway.

Number two daughter is nearly 16 months and still needs her two sleeps (1-2 hrs each sleep) and is showing no signs of giving up either. She actually just goes to her cot and says bed. Apparently she read the manual on what babies should do.

I'm flexible and let them guide me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone - i think ile play it day by day & see how he goes. Today he slept from 11.15am - 12.45 so i might give the arvo sleep a miss and see what happens, the worse thant can happen is he'll be grumpy .

Carole.

Thanks
    Reviews
    my daughter is 2 1/2 and she has a sleep at either 12 or 1pm and sleeps for an hr and a half. She gets up at about 7am and goes to bed at 8.30pm. What you could try is just let him have his morning sleep as normal but get him to bed around 7pm or stretch his morning sleep out a bit longer. There's nothing worse than having a moody child to deal with at night time when all you want to do is sit down and relax yourself.