ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hi Everyone,

Thank you for all your responses.
    People like you guys really inspire and motivate to keep us going.

Mrs P- Congratulations on your BFP. The last tests we have done is karyotypes testing, SCSA test,Antiphospholipid antibodies all came back “normal”.
    I lap and hysteroscopy done last year where they diagnosed with mild endo.
    I’m still taking medication for my over active thyroid.

The clinic kept saying “it’s a numbers game”. I’m very frustrated and upset why we just can’t seem to get a BFP when our blastocysts are generally a 4/5 to 5/5 grading.

Blondekelli- What is DHEA? Is clexane given due to the fail cycles or were you tested positive?

LulusMum-I’m currently trying acupuncture to help calm and relax myself. I’m willing to try anything to get this BFP.

SpotTheOcelot- Thanks. I hope this coming cycle will be the one for you.

Georgiagirl- Good luck for the ET tomorrow!
    Jflagy72- Interesting kiwi fruit? So how many would have a day and when do you stop eating the fruit?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    For me low dose aspirin did the trick!

I had 16 unsuccessful cycles before the FN at my clinic told me to try aspirin.

Cycle 17 was my first on aspirin. It was a stimulated cycle and unfortunately ended in a but I did get 21 eggs & 7 blastocysts from it.

I took low dose aspirin for Cycle 18 which was a FET - DS1 was 9lb 4oz and perfect!

When DS1 was 9mths old we went back for our final ever transfer with our remaining 2 embryos. I took low dose aspirin again and - DS2 was almost 8lb (2 weeks early) and perfect.

I know it won't work for everyone but a truly Thank God everyday that my FN mentioned it to me. I absolutely believe that low dose aspirin is the only reason I am the mum of 2 gorgeous boys today.

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Jfblady for commenting on my question. You summed it up pretty well re: life after m/c. This is definately one of the worst times of my life, but as Cannotgiveup has said the ladies who have persevered through many cycles and survived the setbacks give so much hope to the rest of us still on this rocky road

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Cannotgive up and Starf1sh,

We did 4 EPU's and 4 FET before getting our BFP. It was hard (as I'm sure you would well be aware). I came close to giving up and had infact starting planning to move to Spain for three months next year when of course we got our BFP the very next cycle!

It wasn't just from making the plans though. I had done a lot of research on multiple failure to implant (google that term and you will find quite alot of pages). I found the stuff that could be relevant to me and took it to my FS and said "I want to do it differently!".

The end of result of that was that my FS put my on low dose aspirin, steriods and anti-biotics as well as Clexane injections. The steriods and antibiotics were because I have genetic arthritis (doesn't affect fertility apparently) but I was worried that because my body is so used to fighting inflammation in my body that it was killing the embryo. I also as a side effect suffer constant UTI's which could lead to the same thing.

I have a family history of blood clots which can also affect implantation so the aspirin and Clexane were used as blood thinners.

This also may sound crazy (but I was at the end of my rope and felt I was going a little insane from all the BFN's) but I also consulted a pyshic. I didn't ask her whether we would get pregnant or when; I only asked her what could we do differently. She came back with a list of things wrong (my uterus temp was wrong, my immune system was down and hubby needed some help too). She then gave me the name of a naturopath to go and see. (She did also tell me that we would have two children.)

Which of these worked? I don't know but for me it was about getting more involved in my treatment and demanding something different was tried. Other than that sweetie; just hang in there. It's a crappy ride I know but my god it gets better when you see those two lines. We're only 11 weeks so I haven't had the joy of holding the little bubba but I bet that will be well worth the 3 years of misery.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    kiwi fruit...just one a day i had from the epu thru the 2ww and then for ab0ut 2 weeks after...i think it acts as very mild blood thinner???? but a few of us all ate kiwifruit and got bfp's so

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lucky2bMum- It’s great to see a happy ending that after so many cycles.
    It brings tears to my eyes when I’m reading this.

Assenav- Congratulations on your BFP. Since all my tests came back “normal”, my FS wouldn’t recommend taking anything else besides doing another cycle. I’m starting my 5th cycle tomorrow.

Jfblady72- thank you for the info. I will definitely give this a try. I would like to hear also from any other ladies that have tried kiwi fruit and have a positive result.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone,

Congratulations assenav on your BFP .
    Thanks guys for the tip on kiwi fruit will go out and buy some. Also will check with my Naturopath about low dose aspirin. He's really cool and easy to run things by.
    I agree totally with you guys about m/c. We had our m/c the day before xmas, which made for a really sad xmas for both my partner and I as well as his family that we were sharing it with. To make things worse everyone around us were anouncing that they were pregnant.
    We are now at our due date July 16 and have been feeling really sad lately. What makes it worse is that Danni Minogue's pregnancy and birth have been flooding the media and this is just another sad reminder of what could have been. We have to believe there will be a next time. And we are blessed to have a healthy happy 3 year old.
    Have enjoyed reading what you all have to say and realise that there are many people out there just like us.
    Keep smiling .

georgiagirl x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Georgiagirl, the 'milestones' and preg announcements after a mc are the worst. I also have a really close girlfriend who is pg, she is a couple of weeks ahead of where we were. We were really looking forwad to sharing our pregnancies together and her growing tummy is a constant reminder of what could've been

I just thought I would add my recent experience in relation to multiple cycles and no successful pregnancy as yet. We saw our FS today and discussed a range of other options including DHEA, PGD, sperm chromosome testing, other meds etc.

While in the end FS was not in favour of adding anything else to the mix at this stage (we already have clexane due to thrombophilia issues, MFI is our main issue and I have no other known fertility issues) we did get the message loud and clear that there is no 'magic bullet' for our situation and perseverance is likely to be the key to success for us....

Cannotgiveup, GL with your next cycle, we are hoping to be cycling again in August for ICSI #4/ cycle 5....
    Last edited by Starf1sh; 14-07-2010 at 20:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

We have had 3 failed IUI's and 4 failed ICSI's. 3 of our ICSI's have resulted in BFP, 2 a chem preg and 1 ectopic which was the latest. I am still feeling about the ectopic. We are fortunate for the first time to have 2 frosties left over, but ATM we are having difficult with the funds for even a FET. Only because we are just weeks off moving into our new home and we don't know what the end payment to the builder will be. The government and prices of the FS clinics have just made it so much harder and stressful.

Starfish - I asked our FS to do more blood tests and asked him about clexane and DHEA and he is not interested in anything out of the norm other than low dose aspirin. He just keeps saying it is a numbers game. I have paid so much money in acupuncture that I was sure the last cycle would be the one, but now I am starting to believe, that maybe it is a numbers game????. I am trying not to become negative, but how much do you keep spending on everything on top off the other FS fees, private health and anaesthic fees???? It is so hard. I am struggling to cope with it all ATM. I have had 2 of my close GF's fall pregnant, and I too thought that I would be having a baby along side them. Everywhere I look I see pregnant women.

Sorry ladies for a negative post. Lots of to you all. May we all get the golden egg asap.

Thanks
    Reviews
    IKWYM Sharni, I have also started to lose the faith the little in relation to complementary therapies, but I guess that is just what they really are 'complementary' to medical treatment for IVF.

This year we have already hit the maximum claimable on our private health insurance due to the hundreds of $$ we have spent on herbal medicines/ naturopathic consultations and acupuncture. My DH's most recent sperm tests do not show any change in DNA fragmentation despite 12 mnths without coffee, very minimal alcohol, restricted diet etc (although they did improve substantially initially with antioxidant suplementation and have maintained at that level, so I guess that's something!) FS believes morphology/motility issues are unlikely to change with supplementation...and so far looks like he is right, they haven't changed! We do have a progressive and supportive FS who has been willing to discuss all options and has tested extensively for other issues but no other cause found.

What also really rocked my faith was the pg friend I referred to is the same age as me and fell pg in the 1st few months of trying and her DP is a chain smoker/heavy drinker etc. WTF!!??

Regardless, I know I will continue to do all the things I am doing as my 2 BFP's have also occurred while I have had acupuncture for the full cycle and did not get BFP's when I didn't do acu or only for the tx. Superstitious maybe??? but I do get other benefits from the acu that keep me coming back. Good luck hon , I really hear you re: the pain of coming to terms with repeated lack of success. Congrats on your new home and hope you are able to cycle again soon.
    Last edited by Starf1sh; 15-07-2010 at 06:49.