+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question Has anyone have more than 4 fails cycles?

Hi,

I’m interested to hear from anyone who has been through several fail cycles of IVF/ICSI.

What you have done differently to achieve a BFP?
    Any particular foods or diets you might have?
    What your FS have recommended?
    What types of test you have done?

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi cannotgiveup

I had 8 failed cycles before we got our BFP. I changed clinic after the first 4 because it seemed his attitude was 'you're 21 nothing could be wrong its just a numbers game'

What you have done differently to achieve a BFP?
    It was my second cycle on steroids for my Natural Killer Cells & first cycle on Asprin
    Any particular foods or diets you might have? Nothing in particular, just ate a well rounded diet, no smokes/coffee/alcohol which I don't have normally
    What your FS have recommended? What types of test you have done? I will do these two together. My FS did another laparoscopy he doesn't trust other Drs. Turns out less than 1 year later I had endo everywhere! He also did a biopsy for natural killer cells (which came back positive and seems to be whats been holding us back all this time) He did every blood test he could think of to see if anything was out of wack but it all came back pretty normal.

What has your clinic said about the failed cycles so far? Are they willing to do some testing etc?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When I find the winning formula I'll let you know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there

we did 10 full stim cycles and 2 fets over 2.5 years before we got our beautiful daughter. Our successful cycle I had been on dhea for 5 months and we used luveris during the cycle and clexane after.

Goodluck and hang in there. For some it can take quite a few cycled to get the right egg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi
    I had 8 failed cycles before a BFP on number 9 - funnily enough the cycle that we got pregnant on was the cycle i didnt obsess over everything i did/eat/lift etc, and i didnt have accupuncture which i had done with previous cycles - i just lived a "normal" lifestyle, with no alcohol (i dont smoke anyway), and we got lucky

Since having our son we have had 2 failed FETS in the hope of another child, and brother or sister for our boy, and are presently gearing up for yet another full stim cycle

As for tests - well, we had everything under the sun and they didnt find anything, for us it was a case of plugging away till we got lucky - however, we have just had all our tests repeated before we stim again cause our FS told us that things can change - as in a negative result on a pre IVF test may be positive in the future - things change so might be worth keeping this in mind

I did just hear that the latest statistics for embryo survival is 1:10 - so dont lose hope yet

SpotTheOcelot is offline 'Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostysmum View Post
    When I find the winning formula I'll let you know.

So so very true.. how rich would we be if we found this.

Perseverance Cannotgiveup... trying different protocols, looking at different supplements. Whatever gets you relaxed and believing.

x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi cannotgiveup,

Hang in there.
    We have done 10 cycles now with a pregnancy and m/c from cycle 5 at 12 weeks.
    I believe too that we just have to stick it out and not become to hung up on any one cycle. Just keep plugging along.
    We have a 3 year old from a Natural Pregnancy and due to my age 41 we are having trouble TTC. My FS at MIVF believes that it will happen for us but its just a matter of keeping on going. Not as easy as it sounds.
    We have just completed our 4th Stim cycle, got 11 eggs going in tomorrow for an ET and to find out how many embryos have resulted. Last time we got 5 embryos from 9 eggs.
    Good luck. And hang in there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi

we did 8 stims over 2 years to get our bub....my issue was endo, low ovarian reserve / poor egg quality etc, dh all fine

on our succesful cycle, i had been on ------
    dhea for 3.5 months (i think this was the major thing)
    took coQ10 for abour 6 months
    did a lot of meditation daily and been seeing a counsellor
    used pregynl shots as luteal support...i reckon this helped too...
    Dh..even tho he was fine, he quit booze for abour 6 weeks b4 the cycle and took menevit for months
    ate kiwifruit daily from epu....

its hard but sometimes for some it takes longer than the norm, it can be so disheartening, but trust me many of us have had to do heaps of cycles to get a baby.....try different things based on what u feel the issue is for you and make sure your fs is good for you. good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks cannotgiveup for starting this thread, Im also really interested in everyone's replies. A question for the incredible ladies who have peservered for 8+ cycles to get their bub. How do you find the strength to keep on going (and live your life in the meantime) particularly after a mc? Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    starfish: all i can say is the 2-3 months after the m/c were prob close to worst time in my life, everyday was a living nightmare especially the first week or so back to work and seeing pg women there or hearing about pg annoucements (which seemed non stop of course) ....i ended up seeing a private counsellor with experience in infertility for about 6 sessions..it was the best thing for me and gave me a way to put the experience into some kind of "rationale" that i could accept.....TBH there is not much u can do at first except go thru it...i also did another cycle relatively quickly and talked to women on here BH who had bee thru the same thing which helped so much.