Closed Thread
Page 68 of 78 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    JEN42 - Happy Birthday for yesterday!!

LILLY40 - OOooh those hcg numbers are looking perfect! good they are increasing prog support. Its all sounding positive but the scan will make you feel alot better!

***WARNING RIDICULOUS ME POST ABOUT HAIR OF ALL THINGS ***

AFM - B**TH hairdresser has been shut since she did the wack job on my hair! I tried to phone her saturday after I got back home with no answer only to remember she said she was going away for the weekend. So had to take my daughter to a birthday party with clown hair. And shes shut on Mondays. Im back at work today and couldnt get today off no leave left. GGRRRR

so I couldnt take the stress and depression any longer. I contacted Jessys babysitter a sweet girl who knows everyone in the area and asked does she know anyone for help. She saidher fiances sister is a hairdresser. She fixed it for me yesterday and only charged me $25!!
    much less stressful then going to original HD who was shut anyway. Her mother works there and is super protective and super agressive. One of my best friends from mothers group put me onto her and she is friends with her. and to make it even worse - a new girl who just started at my work is besties with this hairdresser. so I couldnt really create a scene there and not sure how rational id be right now either!
    so so thankful someone helped me out for minimal cost. so so angry someone did that to me and i had to pay for it! Im not going back!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for my birthday wishes, you are all wonderful ladies!

Deeelicious - congratulations on being PUPO. My FS took me off DHEA just before EPU.

TRH - I can't wait for Wazza to do that to me, the last thing I needed to be reminded of is my age!! Thank goodness for all the advice on this thread about what to expect when I see him, at least I will go in forewarned! They did give me a hard time when booking the appointment as my DH can't make it - he is working - and they almost wouldn't make the appointment! Finally convinced them though. Not too long before your BT, .

Hoping4more, at least you are through the first week, only one more to go. Hope it goes fast.... I understand not wanting to POAS, if you can hold out till BT or on the day of BT I think it is a good thing.

Sunny15 - for your BT on Wednesday. Thanks for sharing the quote, it is easy to be negative when we are constantly reminded how hard it is to get pregnant at our age.

Billiesmum - good luck for your scan today. I'm sorry I can't help you with your question re improving your lining.

Lily40 - that's great news. Hope the next 2 weeks goes quickly, look forward to hearing all about the scan.

Wannabb - good luck for ET today - how exciting. Enjoy being PUPO. Look forward to hearing about your appointment with Dr DeAmbrosis.

Gardenia2 - at least you have your hair fixed and you know you will never go back to that hairdresser.

Andygee - good luck with your scan on Friday.

Lilbirdy, Otgirl, Mum4Nay, LuckyAPA, Micca, Minibar, Tadaaaa, Jenkie -
    hope you are all doing well (hope I haven't missed anyone!!).

AFM - Thanks again for the birthday wishes. Had a lovely night with DH and a couple of wines, now it's time to get back on the straight and narrow. I haven't gone back on the DHEA after the last cycle, to be honest the worst side effect I had was really bad back pain, so I am not that keen to go through that again. I guess I will wait and see what Dr DeAmbrosis says and then take it from there. If I have to wait another 3 months, then I guess I have to.

Have a lovely day ladies, thinking of you all.

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good afternoon all, apologies first for my lack of correspondence. My Mum is still in hospital so between dashing off to see her and work and looking after my little munchkin, things have been a bit hectic. We went back to see FS this morning, he is of the view that we should try again as we had such a good egg collection (11) the first cycle. He says it's just a numbers game, trying to get the ONE. He was compasionate about how we felt losing all 7 fertilised embs, but as he said we just need one good one, and given that we had a good collection for my age, that was a good sign. Anyway we have signed up for round two, but are going to think about it abit more, still a week and a half before AF will arrive so have time to decide. Apart from the usual pre-pregnancy vitamins, can anyone suggest anything else I should take? FS is of the view that the problem is the quality of my eggs, so I'm assuming you can't change the quality once they get to my age.

I had have a quick read of the last few days forum and am sending my best wishes to everyone on their respective journeys. Big hugs to all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    lilly40-congrats on high hcg bugger about low progesterone and 4 pessaries now. another tww now for ultrasound

billiesmum- sorry no advice on your lining. When are you heading to ireland. I am sure they can fit in flare or antagonist cycles as these are short

sunny15- good luck with bt tomorrow and hopefully start stimming soon

hoping4more- you are stronger than me. i always break down and POAS early when AF symptoms appear

Deeelicious- congrats on 2 beautiful embies tf. I will take dhea until BFP as only been on for 1 week but will drop back to 50mg day (have been doubling dose naughtily)

tryingreallyhard- hope your BT sat is BFP

gardenia- glad your hair is fixed that would not have been great for the ego to present to work like that. You could still ask them politely for a refund or at least to pay for the fixup. it is not your fault she was away and closed monday!

jenkie- there are drugs that can help improve egg quality such as dhea and royal jelly. when first looking at this thread i found a post by micca outlining her extra vitamins and drugs which was useful. I will try to find what page it was on. ask your Fs about them as dhea is generally by script only but I have found Aust website that sells imported from usa, takes about 2 1/2 weeks for delivery, cheaper than script but not sure of their standards.

AFM- embie defrosted perfectly so am now PUPO. YAY

Thanks
    Reviews
    jenkie have just gone back and found miccas post on page 45 post no 450 on this thread. good luck

tryingreallyhard is offline Waiting for our little prince or princess.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Wannabb - congrats on the healthy deforst and being PUPO!!!

Jenkie - ditto on the DHEA. Had been on it for 2 months prior to last antag cycle and we got 7 embryos which were all of good quality. Waiting on BT on Saturday to see if BFP. Good luck!!! Hope your Mum feels better soon.

Jen42 - Im sure they told you that they wanted DH there coz Wazza will send you both off for a slew of tests. But you can take the forms and get him to do them later.

AFM - l POAS'd today and the second line came up nice and strong but then realised that it was only 5 days after last pregnyl. DOH!!! Will repeat tomorrow to see if it's still there. I didnt actually think that it was going to be today so who knows

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just quickly

JENKIE - Apart from what the ladies have mentioned, I was told COQ10 is also good for egg quality. and if your low on vitamin D or Iodine ( take it as kelp tablets ) then thats good too.

WANNABB - Congrats on being PUPO rest up and take care of you

TRYINGREALLYHARD - Good luck for BT on saturday for that BFP!

SUNNY - I hope you can start stimming soon and bt says its all go

JEN42 - Dont you hate it when they point out the bleeding obvious ( our age) I was tempted to act surprised "really am I 40 I thought I was 25 gee that changes everything"

SORRY TO EVERYONE I MISSED!
    Last edited by Gardenia2; 09-11-2010 at 21:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, thanks everyone for your help. I will look into them. FS said there was nothing he would suggest - I emailed him yesterday and he called me straight back. Seems odd that he would say nothing where for the majority most of you are all on something apart from the usual pre-preg vitamins.
    Sunny15 - thanks for all your info that was great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies
    Plenty to catch up on here.
    Jen, look forward to your posts recounting your visits with WDA. I've heard some cracking quotes so far ! Good luck with your appointment when it comes around. The nurses at my new clinic would not make an appt without my DH, they said consent forms were required. I guess every clinic is different but either way, IVF takes alot of time, esp for those who are working fulltime.

Jenkie, another round sounds like a good idea. They say first round is really just a 'test' to see how you respond.

Gardenia, so glad you sorted out your hairmare ! There is nothing worse.

TRH, hope that line gets stronger and is a BFP line !!! When are you supposed to test ?

wannabb, when is your ET ??? Or have you already had it ? Best of luck

Hi to everyone else

AFM, due for ET tomorrow. Four of my 7 embies were thawed, 3 survived fine so fingers crossed they make it to blasty tomorrow for transfer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi lilbirdy ET was yesterday all went well. only day 2 embie so BT due 25th. Good luck for tomorrow, hopefully 3 healthy blasts will they tf all 3 or refreeze 1?