Closed Thread
Page 65 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Greetings Everyone Over 40,

Thought you might be interested in discussing natural IVF option with your FS.

After 4 goes of stimulated IVF over 3yrs, in July my FS informed me that any prospect of having a child NOW depended on finding an egg donor. I took the need to find a donor as the opportunity to also change doctor to one more conveniently located. My first FS was the one with the first available appointment. This time I read the doctor biographies on the clinic website to match my specific need with the doctors' interest. I came across a doctor that matched my need & he has one of his practices perfectly located on my way to work. My first appointment with the new FS had the nurse co-ordinator present during the consultation. The doctor is alert, eager to share his knosledge. Gives lots of information. States that from his experience working both in UK & Aust, Australian's aren't as altruistic as the English with egg donation. A coule of yrs ago the clinic abolished the egg donor waiting list as the list was too long. He advised me to give mini IVF cycle a try as it is proving to be successful with older women. In Aust the oldest women to give birth using her won egg was 47, and he was part of the team. He would like to try me on mini IVF with clomid tablest using my own eggs. He informs me that if I was to give birth I would become the oldest woman in Aust using her own egg. The minimal use of drugs is perfect for me. The difference between the first clinic nurses & doctors, & the second is conspicuous & fills me with renewed hope.

I had my first mini cycle in early Oct. It was exciting seeing a follicle on each ovary especially since I didn't get a response during the last 3 regualr IVF cycles on elephant doses of FSH. The new FS tells me that the high dose of FSH isn't an ideal environment for an embryo.

A couple of weeks ago had my first OPU whicle conscious. Information & photos from another clinic prompted me to request not to be anaesthetised nor sedated for the procedure. The phots I saw did not prepare me for the ambush. Unespectedly my gown was pulled up, my pelvis thrust skyward with nurses trying to strap my legs wide apart. The doctor noticed the trouble the nurses were having in priering my legs apart, & asked me to relax. It was a learning process from both sides. The nurses had no experience of a patient being conscious thru the procedure before. Once I did relax & the shock subsided I took in the environmnet. Music was playing. The doctor talked me thru the procedure. All went well for the first follicle, the second was further in & I was informed that it would be painful. The pain was just short of me screaming. Everyone clapped when the sceintist said there was an egg.

The possibilty the egg held stirred my imagination, I was bursting with joy for a couple of hours, till I received the phone call around lunchtime. I didn't need to hear the specifics, I could tell from the tone in the nurse's voice. The egg was immature & the scientist could not proceed any further. Managed to get thru the need-a-bottle-of-sothern-comfort without a drink. Trying to remain positive. At least there was an egg collected without any injections. I didn't even make it to collection the last 3 goes on standard IVF.

Been working on a scale for the various levels of pain. Will get round to posting it soon. Have noted to ask doctor during next appointment if Aust allows immature eggs to be exposed to hormones in petra dish to mature. Will be on second cycle in the next few days. FS suggested no clomid this time round.

Researching I came across an interesting comment on an American social networking site. It stated that if your chances of conceiving was >25% then you are better off with regular IVF. The rate of conceiving by natural IVF is 25% (for everyone who is menstruating regularly?).

Those not responding to regular IVF may be interested in the following article from Journal of assisted reporduction & genetics:

Natural IVF cycles may be desirable for women with repeated failures by stimulated IVF cycles

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2582079/

I'm hanging out for another glimpse at the beginnings of life, ie an embryo of my fertilised egg.

Thanks
    Reviews

Wink hi girls.....

Jeez i've been off licking my wounds and there's so much activity on our thread i can't keep up with everyone.... up, down or wherever you are on 'the trip' i send my love.....

Sunny, i'm in your boat love; what a pain in the butt you are having... you are punching away and i totally agree with every word in your last post; hopefully the clouds will break for you soon... the mucking around is the worst kind of torture...

Minibar, love your work with Baby J honey - i have PM'd you xxx

Nim - i think i'll have to read your post 20 times just to digest it all - what a read!!!

NOW A QUESTION FROM ME - for all the lovely ladies who have gone thru the hysteroscopy/laparoscopy process; give me the drill on your experiences - i'm going down this track this cycle; sick of going thru my embies with thumbs up all the way and falling at the last hurdle - have to delve deeper into what might be causing our issues... would love any and all info you might have xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girls,

Just a quick me post.

Finally made it to a TWW list. Had one 3day 8 cell embie transferred. Our other embie was only 4 cells so we've left it to see if it keeps growing and will make it to freeze. I don't think it will but you never know.

BT on the 16/11/10.

Better get to work before it's time to come home again.

Have a great one everyone and I'll catch up on past posts soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabb View Post
    thanks lilbirdy. my Fs only gives us 1 blood form after test shows surge. what do you mean by knowing after first one- cycle or POAS. my test today showed not the slightest hint of second line. Bloody technician It is not that hard to take blood
    Sorry I wasn't very clear. This is actually first time I've done natural cycle so by no means an expert. I've had 3 BTs now on consecutive mornings, after the first one they knew I wasn't surging. Day 2 it got higher, and today it's higher again. However, I can't go in tomorrow so they have issued me with POAS at home, so will do that. If I have two lines I have to call them but think I will go back for BT on Sat to be sure (depends what POAS says).

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hello Again

Well, I don't know how you all do it. Read the posts and reply to everyone individually. I will try to do that as well when I get proficient at using this forum. Just reading through some of the posts I thought I would share my experience when I got pregnant with my little boy (own eggs) at 43. I went to Sydney to see a chinese doctor before the cycle started. He recommends that you have his medicine for at least 3 months before you go through a cycle. Anyway, he gave me natural chinese medicine, in the form of tablets that I had to take 3 times a day. There were 4 different ones and I had to take 11 of each 3 times each day. I lost weight because I was so full of these pills. I will never forget his words to me. Yes, I can definately make you pregnant. What I can't do is change the quality of your eggs. As it turned out I was only on these pills for 4 weeks before starting and thats when I fell pregnant. However, as already stated my little boy had lots of things wrong and he only made it to 17 weeks into the pregnancy. Anyway, just wondered if those of you who are having trouble a) getting eggs during pickup and b) fertilising and all that have tried this avenue of treatment. My FS tells all his "oldies" about me and the success which he was shocked at.

AFM - (see I am learning) I went for a scan on Tuesday to check my lining and it was only 5mm. He was not happy but last time, when I fell pregnant with Billie, it was only 6.3 when he put the embies back in. So, another scan in the morning to see if it has improved. Started clexane, low dose asprin, and on 7 prognova tablets per day since then.

I also go to acupuncture twice a week.

A big hi to everyone and hope you are all travelling well. cheers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    AndyGee - I just PM'd you with my recent Hyst and Lap experience.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nim - Thanks for the info.....with knowledge comes power!!!

Billiesmum - Good luck with tomorrows scan.

to everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All

Wannabb - what a great idea, vouchers to an FS as gifts!!!!

AndyGee - I had a lap/hyst last year before my IVF. Prior to the procedures, I had no idea there was anything wrong with me. My FS found mild endo, plus polyps and fibroids, all of which he removed. He tried to put dye through my tubes but could not because my uterus was so blocked up. No wonder I couldn't get pregnant. My FS does these procedures as a matter of course before starting any fertility treatment. Sorry for TMI, but afterwards there was quite a bit of heavy bleeding, some shoulder discomfort from the gas but I have to say that the next day I was almost back to normal. The worst part for me was the stress of it all as I hadn't had a general anasthetic before and was terrified. Seems these procedures are a great step in cleaning out stuff and ruling out problems.

LuckyAPA

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI everyone

LILLY40 - Im sorry I didnt notice your happy news! just came in to say CONGRATULATIONS on your BFP! and I know the worry but ive got a good feeling all will be ok.

AFM - The counsellor is ringnig me today thank goodness as im not coping so well. Ive explained to hubby last night im not coping with the idea of it all being over. We discussed going again but we both dont know how much more we can take and are losing hope. I have a script for DHEA I can start once HCG goes to zero but not sure about it and side effects etc. Hubby cant help stressing during ivf he has admitted that to me and that makes it harder for us.

SORRY TO EVERYONE I MISSED will be back when I can function better

Gardenia

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Gardenia2. It is hard with all the BFN I have had without having positives turning into negatives. i wish it was easier for us all but especially for what must be your constant ups and downs. It is no wonder you are feeling depressed. I have started dhea this week and so far have no side effects. You can always start it and make decision about whether to continue ivf later as it supposedly takes 3 months to be effective. The info I got says it also helps with depression so that may be added bonus. it does not seem you cant get pregnant so is there any tests that have not been done yet or could you try the colorado protocol without testing to cover that base? Big hugs to you and good luck with counsellor.