ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 64 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lucky APA good to see you back on the thread and starting to try for number 2 hope you have success first go.

Sunny you really are having a hard time I hope things get easier once they start monitoring you closely.

Tadaa good luck for today and I hope you get some nice eggs from those follies.

To everyone else

I have posted pics of baby J if anyone wants to have a look.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girls,

Can't believe how many posts there has been since I was last on. I'll try and catch up with everyone as soon as I can.

Lilly40, that is awesome news. Congratulations. As I've said before, you were the first TWW I ever started to follow earlier on in the year. I'm so wrapped that you've got your BFP. Enjoy and take it easy.

Sunny15, so sorry to hear of your cancelled cycle. That is such a bugger when they do that. Take care of yourself and I hope you get back into it again soon.

Minibar, congratulations on the birth of you little girl. That is wonderful news. Hope everything is going perfectly.

Hi to everyone else and I hope you're all doing well wherever you are in your cycle. I'll have to go back and check.

AFM, had EPU on Monday and they got 2 eggs from 3 follies. Both were mature and FS said that was the only thing he was worried about. Everything else should be fine and he now just has to wait for the naming day. DH was so paranoid about his needle biopsy as he woke during his vasectomy and was worried something like that would happen again. It didn't. He was also alot less uncomfortable than he expected to be. Not even swollen or bruised. He's very happy.

Both eggs fertilised and today I was told that they are on track with one at 2 cells and the other at 4 cells which is right for day 2. We are doing ET tomorrow morning at 9 but I'm really struggling with the idea of one or two. Because I've previously fallen naturally and had no problems carrying and whatnot, they don't seem to think there will be any problems this time but I'm 15 or more years older than I was then so who's to say it will work as easily as they seem to think. Not only that, my DH was always saying that he wanted to put 2 back but was leaving the final decision to me. I have one kidney that doesn't work properly but the other has grown to compensate and I had tests with Monash renal unit and they said that my kidney function test looked like I had two normal kidneys. FS told us that being pregnant is like a marathon for the kidneys and having twins is like the olympics. I know that I have the opportunity to rest whenever I want and go to appointments whenever I need to so I feel that I could look after myself. I'm also on a small amount of blood pressure medication and I know that high blood pressure isn't good, yadda yadda.

Bottom line is, I don't like the idea of leaving one to be thrown away if it's not good enough to freeze and we won't know that until Friday. I get it that not all of them can be used and if we had 5 or so, I wouldn't be like octomum and want them all put in. But there's only two. I don't like choosing which one gets a chance and which one doesn't. By tomorrow I could have been worrying about nothing and only have one to play with anyway. Only time will tell.

My god, I sound like a mental case. I never thought I'd be thinking like this and just reading back over it makes me sound crazy. What a moron. But if I can't tell this stuff to you girls, who can I say it to???

Thanks girls. Sorry for the Have a great day. I'll go back and catch up a bit more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Monring Ladies hope everyone is well today

Gardenia – thinking of you and DH I know you wont be posting for a while just want you to know that I am thinking of you XOX

Minibar
    what a lovely picture of Jade she is just adorable you must be loving every second of her X

Micca – You make sure you rest up this is the month for flu and colds with all this changing weather, I have also come down hard yesterday sent me into a panic spin. You and babette take care and rest rest rest and enjoy your trip home X

TryingReallyHard I have everything crossed for you stay positive and think like a women who is pregnate until told otherwise lots and lots of for you hope you are coping ok in the TWW X

Hoping4More – How are you feeling after EPU thats fantastic that they both fertilised I agree put them both back resting up ready for transfer and next time you post you will be PUPO yay X

Deeelicious Any news on BT and Scan all is good X

Mum4Nay – Im so sorry cycle is cancelled that is just as devestating as a BFN I know. Dont give up Im sure some ladies on this forum can offer some advice for you to take to FS X

Tadaaaaa – Good luck for EPU thinking of you and for some good quality ones too X

KittyM Great to hear things are all good with the twins

Jenkie Im so sorry to hear about your mum I hope everything will be ok, sometimes we wonder why these things are sent to try us. I hope your FS also has some answers for you stay stong X

Lilbirdy – Good news from new FS…..you sound really positive, good on you. Keep us informed with ET next week crossing everything for you

Otgirl, Jen42 Wannabb- how are you doing

LuckyAPA I rember you from when I first joined this forum how nice to hear you and bub are doing well good luck on the next journey for you

Billiesmum –good luck for this cycle you are a true inspiration

Sunny 15 – hope you will be joining me too soon X

To anyone I have missed I my apologies hope you are doing well X

Well no news apart from woke up yesterday crook as a dog can you believe it on day without panic so of course I went into panic mode on how this will affect everything, and of course Melb was in shut down yesterday for Melb cup so spent the day with all these scenarios going through my head. Just got of the phone from nurse and she said all should be ok and to rest and drink plenty of fluids and go to the chemist. We finally get our BFP and the next set of worry sets in and of course DH panics which dosent make things any better so many hurdles to cross. My dad is doing super well which takes some of the pressure off.

Good luck to everyone having tests, collections and scans today and hopefully you will be joining me soon on the next part of this crazy roller coaster ride.

Take care ladies love to all XOX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the good wishes. My FS said after the procedure this morning that the follicles that he thought were ranging from 19mm to 21mm were in fact not as big as that. Does that sound right? I mean, when they are clearly defined as they were on the scan, is it possible to get the size that wrong? I'm feeling a bit angry about this but then maybe it's not the doctor's fault? I ended up with one egg, again. Now I'm waiting to see if it's any good or not.
    A

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone

Thanks for all the replies, both public and private.

My little girl Isabelle was born on the 10th of June...and not without drama. I went into labour 3 weeks early, my doctor didn't believe me and was then forced to deliver at 2:50 am....I'd had an appointment with him the afternoon before and said I thought I was in labour then. He should have listened!!! Then, she only weighed 5lb 15ounces and was kept in neonatal ICU and special care for 11 days, not only was she quite small, she was also really immature despite being 37 weeks. But she eventually came home and is now thriving - size 00000 swam on her when she was born and she is now size 0!!!!

Every day I still think of the appalling statistics I was given by my FS before we even started IVF (a 2% chance of delivering a live baby) and I remember thinking 'well, they don't apply to me because they are other peoples statistics, not mine'. And every day I think of all the women on this forum and the similar statistics you have probably been given by your FS. I hope you all just forget statistics - I really hate them!!!!

I would love to do IVF again right now, but because of the cost (I am married to a cash strapped farmer and not working at the moment), we are going to see if there are other cheaper options available which is why I'm researching clomid. It still has to give me better odds than trying naturally doesn't it???

LuckyAPA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi LuckyAPA - I have no idea about clomid but I can tell you my girlfriend's sister had her first baby through IVF at 42 and 18 months later she had her second child naturally. She had been trying prior to the first one for 10 years so the odds of getting pregnant naturually after the first one are much much higher than they were for the first one. I know two other, younger women, that also had natural pregnancies after IVF.

Good luck with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,
    I have a couple of questions for you guys. I find out tomorrow if my one egg collected today was viable or not. If the answer is no, that will mean 2 cycles down with 1 abnormal egg (most likely) each time. In this instance should I keep going? Any ideas/opinions welcome. Do you think that it would be a good or bad idea to take a one month break and maybe try on our own and if no luck pick up where we left off with ivf in either Jan or feb? The nurse called before to see how I was and tentatively book et. She seemed to be of the opinion that my fs may well tell me not to bother with another cycle (even though there are drugs that I have yet to try, can't remember the names of them). If anyone has any suggestions I'd be soooo grateful. Ta ta for now.
    A

Thanks
    Reviews
    minibar-beautiful baby well done

hoping4more- good luck with ET tomorrow. Hopefully you will have 2 top notch embies to decide 1 or 2 to transfer.

lilly40- Take care of yourself. regular panadol, rest, fluids, rest, fluids and more rest. let DH pamper you.

TadaaaaaI hope that that egg is THE ONE. As for your questions I am not sure how old you are and what tests have been done as internet keeps dropping out and too hard to look back on posts. have you read through the poor responders thread as there may be tips on there. It is a matter of weighing up whether it is worth jumping into a new cycle and getting the bigger medicare rebate this year or waiting and investigating new options to improve your chances. For me I am too impatient to wait as I am already 42. Is it worth investigating another FS who is more aggressive in treatment. I am going to see Dr Deambrosis in QFG as I hear he includes everything possible in his regimen.

LuckyAPA- sorry I have no experience with clomid as my prob is no man ( makes it hard to concieve!). Good luck with what route you choose to take. The farmers deserve more money they do it so tough.
    The thread on costs of IVF may help find cheaper clinic that may make it more affordable. Or maybe we should suggest they set up vouchers at the clinics so we can ask for them from friends and family for christmas and birthday pressies. The cost of IVF certainly adds up over time. it would not be so bad if you knew how many cycles it will take and that it would definitely work.

To everyone else hope all is good

AFM started POAS today checking for surge. have no instructions about whether to do it every day, what happens if surge on sunday as clinic not open pathology not available on sunday. Should have rung clinic today buit busy at work and no privacy there either. will ring tomorrow as not working

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi wannabb, quick one.
    I am in 'tracking' phase as well and am having bloods every day (as of yesterday). I had a bit of an episode with the stupid technician (hit a nerve during BT and I nearly fainted) and they offered me to do POAS but I'm sticking with BTs for accuracy.

I would say do it every day but you can only really tell after you've done your first one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks lilbirdy. my Fs only gives us 1 blood form after test shows surge. what do you mean by knowing after first one- cycle or POAS. my test today showed not the slightest hint of second line. Bloody technician It is not that hard to take blood