ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 63 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

I don't know if any of you remember me, I started the initial 'IVF over 40' thread last year.

Well, a quick update. I had a little girl in June, 3 weeks early, after a caesar. She is almost 5 months old now and a delight. Now I am off to see the FS for another try!!!!

I was wondering if anyone on this thread had any success with Clomid, either before or after IVF? I've read that it is a good substitute for IVF if costs are a consideration. And if you have any statistics, would be very interested. Would love to hear your stories.

I hope all is well with everyone and that there have been a lot of successes since I was last on here back in May!!!

LuckyAPA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    welcome back luckyapa good luck with your next cycle

I have had repeat scan with FS today re polyp- apparently small and in corner. he is happy to continue with FET cycle and may remove it later if gets bigger. i am a bit concerned it may be affecting implantation after 4 failed cycles but will continue with this cycle and wait to hear what new FS says in few weeks.

thinking of everyone out there with good and bad news

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gardenia, I am really sorry hun. I hope each day is making things just that little bit easier and the pain & disappointment is slowly subsiding.
    Hugs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies
    I've been having a break from all things IVF so sorry I haven't been here to hear the news, highs and lows. They re-designed the site while I was gone !

Lilly40, amazing, incredible, wonderful news ! An inspiration, we needed another BFP in here ! How are your HCG levels now ? Hope you are feeling ok and not too nervous in lead up to scan.

Mum4nay, sorry to hear the cycle was cancled. So much of a build up and then a big let down is tough to swallow. Hugs from me too.

Micca, oh you poor thing, just reading your post makes me tired. Hope the cold is starting to subside and thank you as always for the inspiring words !! How is babette feeling ??

TRH, how long now until BT ? Any 'feelings' ? Empathise with you, the 2ww never gets any easier.

Wannabb, good news your polyp isn't too big, and you can carry on. I guess you could look at it as knowledge 'in the bank' but may be nothing to worry about when you get a BFP this time round!! Where are you at now in the cycle ?

jenkie sorry to hear about your Mum, I hope she is on the improve ?

tadaaa, sunny, billie, jen, & otgirl... to you all and hi to luckyapa, I hope you get lucky again quickly with TTC#2 !

minibar, what did you name your little one ?

Hi to anyone I may have forgotten !

AFM, I am now in BT tracking for my natural FET cycle, should ovulate at end of week so ET next week or thereabouts. Am sticking with old clinic for this FET but had a GREAT appt with new FS on Monday. He spent 30 mins with us, old FS was lucky to get 5. So if this FET cycle doesn't work, we'll be able to squeeze one fresh cycle with new clinic in before year's end. The new FS was pretty critical of the high dose of puregon I was given, with my overstimulation so says he would suggest dropping down a bit in hopes of still getting some nice follies, but not going crazy. Anyway, fingers crossed I won't even get to that point.

Off to take the pooch to obedience ! We have quite a bit of work to do !

Thanks
    Reviews
    To Lilly40 and Lilbirdy, hi and hope you guys are doing well. I apologise for not posting sooner but have been a little sad of late as the likelihood of my 2nd cycle succeeding looks unlikely. Take care.

To everyone else hi, hope you are all okay, especially those of you dealing with recent bad news. I am due to go into hospital tomorrow morning for egg pick-up. Not looking that good as out of 6 or so follicles at 1st scan only 3 matured (2nd scan showed 2 at 21mm, 1 at 19mm and 1 immature at 12mm).

I agree with what has been said on this thread recently, that each and every one of us is special for having the balls to go through all of this. I think Micca put it perfectly when she said, ...'only the strong and brave can follow this path.... feel proud that you are able to do this'... Never forget those words.

It's time for me to iron the side of my head and bugger off. All the best to all of you till I next appear here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tadaaa good luck for tomorrow. Dont lose all hope as everyone keeps saying it only takes one. the golden egg may be one of those.

lilbirdy -i think i will be on similar time to you. according to ovulation calculator I should ovulate thurs but scan showed follicle only 15mm. my embryo is only a day 2 frozen. Hoping transfer next tues wed as not working then

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wannabb, thanks for the good wishes and yes, it only takes one, hope that I get lucky. My doctor told me that once he treated a woman who only produced one mature follicle but he decided to go ahead with egg pick-up. Guess what, she got knocked up! Food for thought for all of us I believe. Take care huh.
    A

Thanks
    Reviews
    DP went back to the mines this morning, so I have the house, computer and puppy all to myself for 2 weeks…..bliss!

Minibar – Congratulations on the birth of your little girl Jade. You must be on .

Billiesmum – How are you travelling with your cycle?

Micca – Take care of yourself and banish the wicked flu germies. How's babette? Enjoy NZ.

TryingReallyHard – Congratulations on being PUPO…..when is your blood test? Here's hoping its the sticky one.

Tadaaaaa – Good luck for EPU tomorrow. I agree with Wannabb….it only takes one….dont give up hope. Remember positivity is better for you than negativity (I now its easier said than done), but I truly believe that negativity is poison within our systems and we need to get rid of it ANY way we can. I will try ANYTHING to get it out of my system….Im sure that some of you must think that I am a crazy lady sometimes! Good luck and go forth with gusto in letting your eggs go to FS, knowing that he is doing his up most best in assisting with your dream.

KittyM – Wow…20 weeks pregnant already…I cant believe it. So glad to hear you have 2 healthy wriggly girls, congratulations. Little girls seem to be the theme on this thread!!!

Hoping4More – How did EPU go yesterday? Did DH survive his bits being poked and prodded?

Jen42 – How are you going? Did you get an appointment with FS for answers on your last cycle?

Deeelicious – How did your BT and scan go yesterday?

Mum4Nay – How are you feeling? Does FS have another plan of action for you?

Jenkie – Sorry to hear about your mum…..hope she doesn’t have a difficult time getting back on her feet. How did you go with getting an FS appointment…..any answers about your last cycle?

Lilbirdy – Good news from new FS…..you sound really positive, good on you. Keep us informed with ET next week.

Lilly40 – How are you……still on cloud nine with your BFP?

Otgirl – How are you going? I am on 50mgs of DHEA (25mgs morn and 25mgs night)….mine is in the format of a troche, is yours? Has FS suggested Human Growth Hormone for you?

Gardenia – How are you and DH? Stupid question really, but Im hoping that the slightest amount of hope is returning to you both.

Wannabb – Did you find some Royal Jelly? I found mine at a health food store….its called Peking Royal Jelly (Blue Label) in 10ml vials…..tastes foul, but over and done with pretty quickly.

LuckyAPA – I had been wondering about you…..I thought if Minibar had given birth, you must have by now too….congratulations, what is her name? Sorry, I cant help you regarding Clomid, as I have never been on it, but I am really interested about it. I had a quick look at my ‘glossary’ of IVF drugs (self written down, so I could have it very very wrong)….is Clomid an anti-oestrogen stimming FSH? Does anyone know how it works and would it be of benefit for my situation (see below).

Hi to anyone that I have missed.

AFM
    My last cycle was cancelled….I went for my Day 21 ultrasound – all good. Had BT on Day 2 and 2nd Human Growth Hormone injection. Results from BT – oestrogen too high at 600 (needs to be under 350 to commence stimming)…Prog, LH, FSH, Prolactin all good. Another blood test 2 days later….oestrogen decreased slightly but still too high at 510…..slight increases and decreases to Prog, LH, FSH, Prolactin but still good. FS starting to talk of cancelling cycle. BT another 2 days later….oestrogen unchanged at 510…..cycle cancelled and one very very upset Sunny15!!!

My oestrogen level during my assessment month was a little high on Day 2 at 385, but for the same time during my IVF cycle in April, my levels were 265. FS didn’t have any explanation for high oestrogen, other than my body might be still adjusting after my recent hysteroscopy and laparoscopy. Might be….might be…….I am so over might be’s….its 5 months since my one and only cycle in April. I now know that I should have pushed for surgery as soon as FS said I might have a cyst in the uterine lining…..instead he convinced me to try treating it (taking up another 2 months), which failed. During that 5 months, I could have had the surgery and had another 2 cycles. Don’t get me wrong….I am very grateful for everything that FS has done for me, but I need speedy treatment at my age…..lets face it I dont have one month to spare, let alone 5!

FS has advised a Day 21 ultrasound to confirm no ovarian cysts and then he will monitor my oestrogen with regular blood tests to ensure that it is doing what it should be. Happy with that, but I also told FS that I need an aggressive approach now…..IF I get any bad reactions, we will deal with it when and if it happens.

I am really sick and tired of doing everything I should be doing, only to be constantly disappointed. Sometimes I feel that I am playing by the rules and not deviating and I cant even get the chance to get a BFP or BFN.

So I had my cry and got angry at the world and the closer I get to my Day 21, the more positive I get. Im determined to persevere but d*mn it’s a struggle sometimes.
    Last edited by Sunny15; 02-11-2010 at 20:33.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi sunny15
    Yes i got royal jelly at chemist warehouse. they have their own brand of capsules 1000mg and 365 capsules in the tub for about $40. It is heartbreaking the many disappointments we go through. i only started cycling this year in March but had my first FS appt in Adelaide last Dec before moving interstate for work and having to start from scratch again. I remember believing i would be lucky and get pregnant on the first shot. Now 4 cycles down i would have no hope except for the stories of perserverence and success from the wonderful strong people on this thread. have you tried seeing another FS to see if they can offer anything different?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wannabb – I think my problem may be my frustration with the IVF process and delays (I too thought it would happen with the first cycle)….I also have to realise that I am 45 and with that sometimes comes age related health issues (another frustration!). After reading a lot of ‘horror’ stories on this thread about clinics, I know that my clinic and FS are absolutely wonderful. Having said that, DP and I have decided that we will give this clinic another 2 cycles (as long as it doesn’t take the next 6 months) and then it will be off to Brisbane and try to get into Warren D. Also my FS may be used to handling everything cautiously (which is not a bad thing), however, I just need to let him know that I am not afraid of being aggressive with my protocol.

PS: My Royal Jelly is in liquid format and costs about $45 for a months supply.