Closed Thread
Page 56 of 78 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Girls

I’ve had a shocking day so it was lovely to come in and see a BFP from Gardenia – congratulations!

Wannabb – I have the worst AF after an IVF cycle. As others have said it’s all the drugs you take to build your lining etc. – and that’s what AF is all about – your lining. I was going through a tampon an hour at one stage – don’t you love the way the clinics don’t warn us about such things!

Lilbirdy – I’m having lunch with a fellow SMC next week and her gorgeous newborn baby (about two months old now). She’s the result of a frozen 3 day embie, thawed and grown to blast then frozen again. I can’t wait til she’s older to see how she feels about icecream!

Jenkie – Sorry to hear about your BFN. This is an awful bloody ride we’re on. But we continue so we can (hopefully) get the high that Gardenia is on.

Jen42 – Despite never meeting the man, I’m a huge fan of the Waz God (Dr Warren Ambrosis) and will be cycling with him (hopefully) in the new year. If anyone can get you pregnant he’s the one. He will also tell you straight whether there’s any hope and he won’t bullsh*t to you. My advice would be to write up each of your cycles – drugs, regime (down reg/antagonist) and results – how many follicles, eggs collected and fertilisation. Then he’ll be able to tell you whether he can do something different. I’ve never heard a single bad thing about him but many, many great things.

Mum4Nay – Can’t help you re levels, but I do remember my clinic (while doing a down reg with Synarel) telling me that I might get a period and might not. I did. This time round I’m doing a flare cycle and started injecting Lucrin (similar to Synarel) on Day 2 – stopped my period straight away. Good luck with the snorting. I always made sure I had a piece of chocolate on hand to get rid of the after taste. Not that I need an excuse for chocolate…

OTgirl – hope EPU went smoothly and those spermies are doing a fine dance for your eggs – and that your eggs aren't playing hard to get.

TRH – good luck for your EPU – fingers crossed for lots of eggs. Ten follies is a great number. By the law of averages you should get at least five eggs from them so should end up with a few embies. Are you doing ICSI?

Micca – oh heartburn. I remember it well. Nothing worked for me – other than Losec which was soooooooooooooooo good. I started taking it around 10 weeks and it helped me survive my pregnancy.

Hello and best wishes to anyone I may have missed. I’m still new to the personals.

AFM – had an ultrasound and blood test today (I’m on Day 9 of my cycle, Day 7 of FSH/Gonal F). TWO F*CKING FOLLICLES!!! I was expecting instructions from my FS to say cancel cycle or increase the drugs, but no, keep on as I’m doing and another U/S and BT on Wednesday. I’m not sure what he’s expecting… there were zero follicles on my right ovary and a few too small to measure on my left plus the two decent sized ones.

It’s days like this I wish I had a donor who could supply me the fresh stuff (which is how I conceived DS1). Unfortunately my donor has had a vasectomy so all I’ve got is what’s on ice. I’m considering finding a new donor so I can try it fresh (fresh is best you know – well, that’s what my fruit market guy says ). The whole idea, though, is exhausting. I was so lucky to find my donor, or rather, his wife (an egg donor) found me and offered her husband, figuring he should do his bit for humanity too!
    Last edited by Deeelicious; 25-10-2010 at 22:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quick one - Gardenia that is fantastic news. Just what we all need to hear. With any luck you will have some company in near future.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thankyou everyone.

I hope I have some company here soon too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning all, my FS emailed me back yesterday about the new technique that IVF Australia is offering. Basically, the new technique involves them checking the embryos for abnormalities in the chromosones. The new technique, known as microarray comparative genomic hybridisation, compares DNA from the embryo with normal DNA to show up errors and turns around results in just 36 hours. My FS doesn't think that it would benefit us as my embryos are "screening" themselves going on the results of this last cycle. Anyway, will probably discuss further with him if we decide to go ahead with another cycle. Hopefully this new technique will help others though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gardenia -

That is so exciting, congratulations! It was so needed on this thread. I hope you can relax and enjoy the next 9 months!!

TRH - good luck for EPU today. To be honest, I never feel a lot either, I always put it down to my age! for lots of good quality eggs today.

Deelicious - there is definitely hope if your FS didn't cancel the cycle. Last cycle for me I was told I only had a certain amount, then on my last scan before EPU 2 more follicles turned up. Keep being positive (I know it is hard) and I'm sure there will be enough follicles for EPU. As they say, it only takes one....Thanks for the advice - I am going to try and gather all my cycle info today ready for my appointment. I am really looking forward to his honest point of view, not sure if I am ready to hear it, but at least I will have another opinion.

Lily40 - great news that your Dad is home. Hope the rest of you TWW flies by.

Otgirl - how did you go with your EPU?

Mummy4Nay - are you going ok with your cycle?

Micca - I must admit when I am ready to give up, I often think about Kismet and her 12 cycles. I get so caught up by my FS telling me that it probably won't happen, but it is a numbers game and if we keep plodding away....
    Hope you are feeling ok and resting as much as possible.

to everyone else. I am sorry, I am still trying to catch up with where everyone is at. This thread is really busy, which is great!

AFM - so I made an appointment with Dr DeAmbrosis but couldn't get in until early December. They almost wouldn't make an appointment as they wanted my DH to be there. I had to explain that he couldn't due to work, and was not able to take a sick day or time off. Then they asked me to bring a sperm sample, which I explained I could but it wouldn't be much use (DH has had a vasectomy!!). Anyway, they finally agreed to make an appointment. I now have to get up the courage to go and see my FS after the failed cycle and see what he has to say.

Can I ask a question - has anyone been to a clairvoyant while doing IVF? I always read that pent up emotions are not good for fertility and I am tossing up whether or not to go and see one that has been recommended to me. It is not normally something I would do (I have never been to one) but am willing to give anything a go.

Have a great day, ladies. Gardenia, enjoy being on .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone's well. I'm not feeling well at all coz of the medication, extremely dizzy, nauseous and tired. Any suggestions as to how I can reduce the depression from the medication? it's absolutely shocking, its getting worse. Any and all suggestions welcome. Hopefully my scan tomorrow will turn up a decent amount of follicles this time or I am effed. No doubt the doctor will have no problem telling me so.
    Have a groovy day one and all.
    D
    Last edited by Bubblegumleaf; 26-10-2010 at 10:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilly40 - thanks for asking Lilly, I'm trying to keep my chin up. Hope that youre doing fine. I'm getting a bit depressed i suppose from the medication mostly but also because I am having a scan tomorrow to see if there are any follicles at all. Given the result from my first cycle last month, Im not holding out much hope. My boyfriend looks pretty down in the mouth which is making me feel worse. Nothing I say will cheer him up. I think that he has less faith than I do which isnt doing my health any favours. Ah well such is life. Have a great day, girl.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can I make a suggestion that everyone puts their details (age, state) in their signature? I'm finding it hard to tailor comments to individuals without knowing their age - i.e. the advice I'd give to a 40 year old in Brisbane would be different to someone who is 42 Melbourne. Isn't it sad that there's such a difference!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Hope everyone is well for a Tuesday.

Deeelicious - Good idea Im not that IT savy not sure how I do this.

Tadaaa - hang in there the medication and hormones pumping through your body dosent help with the way you feel its so hard to keep positive I know. We forget sometimes just how hard this is on our DP's too and sometimes we just have to let them go through their emotions so in turn they can then help us. I know with mine I need to let him be when things dont go too well for him to process everything we have to remember they are only male after all Hopefully you will both be right back on track too Hang in there it will be all worth it in the end XOX

Now that Gardenia has broken the drought on this thread hopefully its full steam ahead for all our our BFP's to come.

Im 40 and 6months and from Melbourne and we have been trying to have a family for 5years with IVF since last year. If anyone can tell me how I add all my information would be appreciated and Im happy to add. Otherwise I will see if DH can do this for me over the weekend.

My dad is doing so well and Im so grateful for this it makes everything else so much easier to deal with thanks for everyones well wishes.

Not much to report on my front still 6 days befire BT think I will be a total wreck by then No symptoms apart from cramping on Friday and Sat morning so who knows oh to have a crystal ball. The debate now will be if I do a HPT before the BT later this week as now is still possibly too early.

Thinking of you all well better go back to work now. Have a great day love to all xoxoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey there girls,

Gardenia, that is awesome news. Hopefully you've started a trend for Oct/Nov and it will continue to boom. Congratulations.

Lilly40, I'm so glad your dad is doing well now. Oooooohhh, 6 days till BT. To HPT or not to HPT, that is the question. Alas, I haven't had to make that choice yet so I'll be watching to see what you decide to do. Good luck with your results. I was following you earlier on in the year, around April I think, when I first started looking into ivf, so I'm really hoping this is your month. I have for you.

Hi to everyone else. I haven't been on for a bit so I'll have to check back on all the goss. Hope you're all doing well.

I'm waiting for my BT and US on Friday to see if I have any follies for them to play with this time around. I started getting sharp little pains when I first started to jab but that doesn't seem to be happening anymore. I started to get hopeful thinking that this time it might be ok but now I'm starting to think that it might be the same as last time. I don't know if it's because the US is getting closer and I don't want them to say we're going to cancel again. Maybe I'm just a bit paranoid about that. I guess I can only take it as it comes and deal with whatever the results are. I'm doing everything I can to make it work so there's not much more I can do to change the result of Fridays US. Time will tell. Hopefully they say everything is good and I can have EPU next Wednesday. Hopefully.....

Getting a few headaches but nothing major or too often. I'm guessing that's a bit of the sniffy or whatever. Maybe. lol. Get very tired at night. I know that my written info from FN said that the sniffy side effects can be tiredness but no other info on the net gives that as a side effect. Must say, tho, I'm falling asleep alot earlier than usual. lol. I'll be hopeless if I ever fall pregnant.

Anyway, have an awesome night, everyone. Relax and enjoy.