Closed Thread
Page 53 of 78 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    taadaa/gardinea.
    while Gonal F and puregon are similar they are not exactily the same...
    they differ in composition

gonal F = Follitropin alpha (fsh alpha)
    puregon = Follitropin beta, (fsh beta)

hence they have slightly different effects which is why some women do better on one rather than the other as they often have different effects on the ovaries...

taadaa.
    ..other things that help egg growth are low doses of pregnyl... daily while stimming, luveris (rLH) while stimming... (I had that I think it made a huge difference in egg quality) and growth hormone can help...but no proven effects... and some FS like it while others dont...
    Dhea is great..remember can take 3-4 months.
    I can only tell you of a IVF guru in brisbane.. but it sounds like you may have to get a second opinion.

lily40...Yay for being PUPO..!!!!

wanabee...I got really heavy periods after a cycle. Its got a lot to do with the drug effects..they build your lining up often much more thicker that you would on a natural cycle. The thicker the lining the heavier the period..I had real doosies as my lining used to get up to 14mm thick....

Otgirl.
    .. your doctor in melbourne sounds lovely.. Im glad you feel confiedent in him.

I had a huge huge huge day today.... It started early ...fighting the traffic.. I dont know how you all do it. I managed to get to ikea and wander around in a daze and sort stuff up..
    So I got a 3 door wardrobe, chest of drawers (for babette), bookshelf+door. and storage boxes..... I had to go to their warehouse to pick everything up. My poor car is very very laden with everything...now its got to sit outside my girlfriends place on the street for 2 days until I go home...sigh.... so Im sitting on the couch, feet up, sore back and feet..babette is kicking away..gently..except when I was driving and she was kicking something painful..probably the chili burger I had for lunch with a lemonade hit after..lol...
    now Ive a few hours to recoup until my goddaughters school concert at 630pm.... so don't want to go...sigh....
    Im soooo exhausted..lol....
    time for a drink... its really hot here..27degC and a storm is brewing... give me my cool mountain air anyday...lol..
    Stay sane everyone and have a great friday..xxxxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Micca - very helpful info, thank you. All these drugs and drug names confuse me! I'm making a note of what everyone's telling me. Gee you have had a very busy day. Have a great weekend, Micca.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks MICCA - my clinic told me they are the same just diff brands. Its good to be informed. Sorry TADDAAA for giving you false information there.

MICCA - Omigosh your busy nesting! how brave to go into IKEA - Great you got out in one piece! ( hint for when babette is here ive been told never take kids if you want to come out sane) hope you get a new lease of energy for concert. I bet you are so tired -rest up well tonite.

Thanks
    Reviews
    survived the concert... 2hrs of recorder recitals..yay NOT... at least I have a few years to build up to the recorder concertos...lol....

Hope everyone has a great weekend...

tryingreallyhard is offline Waiting for our little prince or princess.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Micca - I hear you on the IKEA thing except when we went the day after my BFN all I saw was pregnant 15 year olds. Glad you got lots of stuff sorted for Babette. And soooo lovely that she's moving all around. She'll be here before you know it!!!

Mum4Nay and Tadaa - my FS has the exact opposite opinion on DTD whilst stimming. He told me the other day that he wants inter (well you know the rest) every night until the night before trigger. Then he wants the same thing to happen the night after my eggs have been forceably removed from my body (he's obviously never had an EPU). Then again the morning of ET. He says that it's better for sperm quality (I did ask if it was full on intercourse or just ejaculation and he said no the whole hog). They all have their different ways dont they!!

AFM - saw the locum this morning and I have 10 follies but they're not quite cooked yet so EPU is now on Tuesday. Plus my lining was only 6.8mm. I hope it gets a lot better by EPU (last time it was 9mm at this point). Bit worried about that. 5 asked how much it grows and he was fairly non-commital. Anyone got any suggestions on this issue???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gardenia2- not to worry, I'm grateful for your help and everyone elses.

Everyone - Have a groovy weekend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone
    Gorgeous day here in Sydney, washed the dog, cleaned the house now out to get some lunch for me n DH.

I will come back and do personals but thank you for your kind words and advice.

I have decided to do a natural FET cycle straight away with my current clinic and will thaw 4 of the 7 embies. The chief embryologist rang me yesterday and said she reckons I should do natural, despite what the doc says about doing a medicated cycle. This is the second time they have contradicted each other. FS finally rang me and left a message to say reason she wants me to do medicated is to help the lining, as older ladies tend not to have great lining. My theory is, give it a go, if things are looking at the optimum, don't thaw the embies.

Then, appt on Nov 1 at new FS, and ready to either do a new stim cycle with him in Dec, or perhaps thaw the other 3 embies with him, which gives me time to transport them etc.

But maybe I won't need ANY of plan B or C because the natural cycle will work !!

Back later ladies ....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Evening all, well my TWW came to an abrupt halt today. Had some spotting Thursday/Friday and today bang - exactly 28 days from the last one despite all the drugs. Evidently still have to go for BT on Wednesday, but we all know what the result of that will be BFN. Anyway, thanks everyone for your words of advice and support along the way. I truly wish every one of you all the very best and hope that you all will get that much wanted BFP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

Found this in another thread, it's Minibar's birth announcement from yesterday (Friday) and thought you would all like to know.

SHE HAS ARRIVED.......

Baby Jade 3.4kgs, 54cm long

Congratulations Minibar and family . It's been a long journey. Enjoy being a biological mummy
    Last edited by hoping4asticky1; 23-10-2010 at 18:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Minibar, I know you will be a little tied up but you must be on !!! Congrats to you on the birth of Jade, we will await pics !!!

Jenkie, so sorry to hear AF arrived, it is such a letdown. I hope you can spend some days working through it and getting ready to think about the next move.

TRH, all the best for your EPU Tuesday. Re lining, I understood that 7mm is okay, not sure how much it grows but try not to worry about it too much. Fingers crossed for you !!

Tadaaa, my clinic told me that Puregon and Gonal F are the same, in fact my FS prescribed Puregon, when I got to the clinic they told me the amount she'd prescribed didn't correlate with the amount the manufacturer puts in the vial When I pushed the FN about what the actual contents were though, she couldn't answer. Another reason for me to change clinics ! The drugs are massively confusing, I know. I just had my clinic throw a whole lot more at me down the phone, when talking about a medicated FET cycle. They actually seem somewhat surprised when you grill them about what the drugs are doing. I think some women just take what they're told and don't always question what those drugs are actually doing ! Personally I like to know what's going in to my body and what is doing.

Micca, oh boy, a trip to Ikea ! At least you did it during the week. I will never, ever understand why people go there on weekends. I'm not sure if the super duper new one at Tempe is open yet, it's meant to be massive. I hear you on the traffic. I drive from Nth Western Sydney to Nth Sydney every day in peak hour, two hours out of my day, it's a killer. And I am one of the lucky ones because I can drive to work and have a parking space etc. It is just getting worse and worse. This is one of the things I'm potentially looking forward to about a bubba, no driving to work !!! Glad you survived the GD's concert ! Is that what brought you to the big smoke ? Hope you enjoy/ed your time here. How is babette ??

Gardenia, hope your little girl is better now, must be tough trying to get thru the 2WW with a little one not well. How are you feeling ? Is DH a little bit less stressed ? It is always so hard trying to juggle the different family challenges ! My DH has a huge presentation/specch this week for work, I'm quite glad we're in between times at the moment.

wannabb
    , I think it's quite normal to have heavy AF afterwards, but I hope the FN was able to give you a bit more info and some comfort.

mum4nay, I bet you're an old hand (so to speak) at the jabbing now. At the start of my last stim cycle I was a bit nervous but you get used to it, even the 'fat' needles that come with orgalutran and trigger injection.

OTgirl
    , how did you go with the scan ?? Your doc sounds great, so you have every reason to be confident in him.

lilly, so glad your Dad is a bit better, is he home yet or nearly ready to go home ?? Fingers crossed. When is your BT ?? I hope you are managing ok with the frustrations of the 2ww

Jen42, hope to see you back here soon hun

Deelish, sunny, hoping, hi to you all hope you are well.

I am sure to have missed someone, sorry ! It's taken me a while (between housework and generally procrastinating) to write this post so please forgive me if I forgot anyone !

AFM I will call the clinic tomorrow to confirm going ahead with natural FET, so should starting BTs next weekend. Have my referral to new FS and getting copy of our file so ready for Plan B should we need it.

Have a great Sunday ladies.

edited to add: If she can do it so can we http://www.people.com/people/article...436604,00.html
    Last edited by lilbirdy; 24-10-2010 at 09:58.