ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 48 of 78 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lilbirdy and Gardenia2, how are you both doing today? Another day down and only 8 more to go for me. My clinci just called me to see how I was doing which was really nice. I was only thinking this morning how hard it is to go from constant contact with the clinic to basically nothing after transfer - they must have read my mind.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default wannabb

Hi I am a newbie to this. The first time ever on forums. i have been reading everyones stories from the first thread over the last couple days.
    I have recently turned 42 andI have been doing ivf as a single woman this year with my 4th stim cycle HPT test due fri but already feel it will be BFN. my 1st cycle had 3 eggs 2 fert BFN, 2nd 6 eggs 2 immature and only 2 fert BFN. 3rd cycle 5 eggs 4 fert 2 tf and 2 froz. BFN This last cycle never felt right as period 10 days late (ALWAYS REGULAR) and extra slow growing. 6 eggs all immature but matured overnight 1 fert. They tf this on day 1 as delay in fertilizing as well as using 1 frozen.
    Have 1 popsicle left to use before next stim cycle in Dec.
    Yesterday went and spent over $200 on drugs after reading Miccas success story. have found somewhere in Aust with Dhea online at Biovea
    Australia so hope this is the right stuff.
    My FS seems fairly basic as only have one follicle scan generally before EPU and HPT. No blood hormone levels monitored. HCG only if BFP. My cycle consists of synarel twice day and Gonal F 600mg for about 11 days. Trigger with ovidrel and crinone gel twice day for 12 days post ET.
    Will be looking up Dr Deambrosia in QFC as lots here have good things to say. As a nurse I can move for work if needed and feel more aggressive treatment will be required after 4 BFN but will ciontinue here until then.
    Look forward to continuing my journey with what feels like new friends.
    wannabb

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi wannabb, I'm new too this month. You will find all the people on this forum to be extremely supportive and full of helpful tips and information. Has made my IVF journey much more bearable knowing I can chat with people who are going through or have gone through the same experience and feelings. All the very best in your journey, I truly hope you get a BFP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Wannabb

Welcome - you'll find lots of information and support here. As a fellow old chook - and SMC (solo mum by choice) we need as much help as we can get.

Another great online resource is www.smcaustralia.org - it has over 450 members - in different stages of becoming a solo Mum (thinking, trying, doing).

I buy my DHEA from the Macquarie Pharmacy in Sydney. I faxed them my script and they sent it to me in Canberra. My FS specifically told me to use them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks Jenkie and deeelicious for the welcome.
    I have ordered the dhea online without a script and will ask my FS about it but will probably use it with or without his agreeing. Hopefully it is the right stuff but it is 25g and 50g
    wannabb

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good afternoon ladies

Wow what a hype of activity in here hello and welcome to all the new ladies I look forward to getting to know you

to all that have been having a hard time with BFN my heart goes out to you hang in there and dont give up there is life in us old ladies yet XOX

To all in the tww i hear you I think this is almost the worst part so many hopes dreams and disappointment go through the old head at this stage. I so hope this is your time.
    To everyone sniffing, stabbing and jabbing hope you are coping ok

To all the graduates I so cant wait until your precious little bubs arrive.

Sorry no personals I need to catch up on where everyone is at as I have completely lost track so will start from now.

Well things have been flat chat for me, my dad has had his major operation and had his large bowel removed and will have two bags for the rest of his life. He is still in hospital as a few complications with the surgery but he is still with us. Its been a stressful time but I think its made me even stronger and more determined to give my dad a grandchild.

Im booked in for transfer tomorrow and as of 2pm today we have 4 embryos going strong, fingers crossed I still have 4 tomorrow. Started all my pills antibiotics, presidinone aspirin, pessaries, gel and vitamins I rattle when I walk. This is my first antagonist cycle 8 eggs all up with Colorado

Well better log off now as at work with all the family dramas seems to be the only time I have had to log on.

I will try and log in more frequently now my dad is doing alittle better. Love to all the insperational ladies on this thread have a great day XOXOX

Thanks
    Reviews
    sunny, thanks for your words of encouragement, I am going loopy da loopster over here. More AF cramps this morning and it's one of those situation where everytime I go to the loo I look down and cross my fingers. Glad you're nearly back on the stimming, hope your BT tomorrow shows up just dandy and you're ready to go. Lovely story about the FN.

micca, thanks too, yep I have been moody !! I always get moody before AF so just impossible to tell the difference. I PdOAS again this morning and got nothing, I'm bad I know but bugger it, I had two left, one for this morn, one for tomorrow morn, then blood test on Thurs. That's my logic anyway, and I'm sticking to it. Thanks also for that little roll call/reminder list of the norty forties who have all got BFPs. I hear you re the second semester energy, but hope you're wrong !!!

wannabb welcome to the thread ! It sounds like maybe it's time for another opinion, are you in Qld now or would you move to this Warren de Guru chap ? Good luck with everything !!!

Jenkie, hi, yes, it's always nice to have that personal touch from the clinic. Glad you seem to be in great spirits, I just wish we could press that >> button and move time.

Deelicious, when is your phone consult with Wazza ??? Glad you've got a plan going but I hope this current lot of jabbing means your trip to Queensland,

mum4nay, are you still on track for Friday ?

tadaaaa, tryingreallyhard, gardenia, otgirl, hi to you all, hope you're well.

AFM, I spoke to clinic yesterday to see what my options might be if we're a BFN. They were encouraging, told me not to count my chickens etc etc. But I don't want to be left wondering and want to act quickly if I'm moving on to the next phase !!

Must dash, working from home and I am having a bit of an attack of the snoozies (EPS ????)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey All, hope everyone had a good monday. I had training for a new job but I happened to get the girly thing during the night. I'm hoping that A LOT of blood loss is normal after the first cycle otherwise I may wake up looking like a blue gummy lolly in the morning also thanks to the bloating. I ended up at work with a migraine and extremely bad bloating and a bit of cramping. All in all I made a great first impression to the HR manager...woohoo
    I created the msg below this morning and forgot to hit submit derrr....

Lilbirdy, im with Deeelish on this one. I made an appointment for 4 days after we found out about our first cycle failure. I didn't know if it was too soon or not. Physically my fs said no problem to keep going with next cycle the following month, he said that the decision to wait longer would be purely because you may not be up to facing all of this emotionally so soon. Push if you can to start sooner. I hope I answered you question okay.

Now, Mzzzz Mum4nay, my yoga lesson is on Friday this week. Will let you know more afterwards. If I feel that it is of benefit then I will teach you what I learn.

And lastly Micca, thank you for your encouragement, it's a big help to me as I'm sure it is to the other girls here who are still trying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hiya Lilbirdy,

The crimson wave after my first ivf has been a rough one but feeling better little by little. I just got a part time job, hoping that it all works out. Am about to start taking clomid, nurse said today that it can make you quite ill. I don't want to have to give up my job before I even start! What's new with you, girl?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilly40,

Thanks for the welcome, much appreciated. Sorry to hear about your Dad being sick but good to hear that he is on the mend. Hope you are well and also hope to hear from you more on this thread when you have the chance. Ta Ta for now.