ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 46 of 78 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies

Im going ok on the 2ww but my DH is a stress head about it - I cant wait till he goes to work tomorrow and its just me and DD for the day. I work Tues Wed Thurs but thinking of chucking a sickie on Tuesday to get some rest.

Had a few twinges but is it too early for that? I hope not.

TRYINGREALLYHARD - The stress about day 6 hmmm that must have been the last FET I had not this one. I dont think I was stresssed about it I think someone else was and I was answering their thread. anyway thanks for the encouragement. I was wondering about medicated versus non medicated FETs last cycle as ive had not success with nat FETs but im happy for day 6 - if they are that strong to go that far its a good thing. Or maybe as MIcca says it could be just a better lab.

MICCA - Hhe he oh to turn back time id love to be a young mum taking it all in my stride not feeling the sleep deprivation as much etc with more energy. But mentally when your older you in better shape to cope me thinks. more willing to be selfless.

JENKIE - Hugs - its normal to feel deflated after that news - from 4 to none is a huge drop. well back in 2006 we got 3 frosties but guess what - years later we found out they werent any good to us - so the one freshy trf back then was "the" one - now our DD. and the others just gave false hope. Heres to your "one" thats inside mummy.

LILBIRDY - It can be a bit early now. but understand its so emotional and scary at this stage of the 2ww. i hope your pleasantly surprised at BT. those POAS can be tricky and play with your head!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Micca, that's a lot of stuff you were taking! The vitamin supplements, royal jelly, dhea and epo I can manage on my meagre budget but as for the chinese herbs, that would be very expensive I imagine. What sort of yoga did you do? I am going to do a trial fertility yoga class on my own (i'm splurging big time) next week and may be one other class also then the teacher told me that she would give me a program to continue with at home. Hopefully I won't need too many lessons till i'm confident of doing it at home. Thanks for the info.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone
    Sunny day today in Sydney lifted the spirits a bit !

Gardenia
    , my DH is opposite to yours - mine is the calm one in all of this and is Mr positive, which is great for me of course. I hope all is going well for you in the 2ww, are you feeling well ? Twinges could mean implantation ?? Fingers crossed for you.

Micca thank you for giving me that iron to the side of the head, I probably do need a bit of a slap. May I ask, did you feel any symptoms before you got your first positive ? Sorry to hear you are weary but it's totally understandable, I hope it's early stage lethargy and doesn't last the whole time ! I guess you have to start thinking about all that practical stuff like work, child care etc etc., I hope that isn't too stressful ---but you sound like a relaxed chicky babe anyway.

Tadaaaa I was just looking back at some posts trying to figure out where you are with things. I know you're on your second cycle right, so did you go straight back into another stim cycle (ie hormones after your last cycle ? This is def a good place for lots of info so hopefully you can make use of it. Fertility yoga sounds interesting, what makes it different from 'normal' yoga.

mum4nay, still sniffing ? How long are you along now into the cycle ?

Andy, how are you doing ? Hope to see you back soon.

Sunny are you still waiting on AF ?? Your DH is coming home soon too right ?? Hope you are well.

Jenkie, how is 2ww going for you ?? Going yet ?? I am testing on Thursday, 21st. I will probably not survive without doing another HPT before then.

TRH, glad you're in a better place now, it always helps when you've got EPU and ET on the horizon.

OTgirl, how you doin ? Great that jabbing is underway (who woulda thought a few years ago we'd all 'look forward' to giving ourselves injections !!!)

hoping, how are you ?

Hi to everyone else and sorry if I missed anyone.

AFM, just waiting ! Been thinking about 'next steps' with my FETs but will get through the next few days first. My clinic is now giving out HPTs as the initial test, then blood test if you get a second line on test day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Hello Hello! It's been ages since I visited this forum. Every night I get the email update and read what's happening with everyone and every night I want to pop in to say hi and to congratulate chickies on their BFPs, commisserate with the BFNs, be outraged by the protocols of some of the FSs and say hi to the newbies. And of course to give an update of my ridiculous journey to conceive No. 2.

I've been following the pregnancies, cheered when U/S have revealed healthy bubs, fallen over with twins, cried at broken relationships and done it all silently.

And then I look at the time - like I am at the moment (1.17am) and think I really should go to bed - I'll pop in and post tomorrow. Tomorrow. And tomorrow.

I can't promise I'll do any better in future - just know that I am following your journeys and thinking about everyone.

After my last BFN I transferred to SIVF (in Canberra). Was told I should lose weight and set a goal. In the meantime I started to take DHEA. Didn't get my paperwork done in time for first possible cycle, then I was on holidays when my 2nd cycle should have been taking place. All set for next cycle only to be told that FS wouldn't treat me unless I lost another 4kg. WTF?! Clearly SIVF haven't been affected by the downturn in patient numbers since the changes to the safety net came in. Given the advantage of weight loss is outweighed by aging ovaries, plus I conceived DS without any trouble - and weighing more than I do now - my FS stance doesn't make any scientific sense. I've since spoken to other SIVF clinics and they're happy to treat me - but if I'm going to travel anywhere it's going to be to the Waz God at QFG. I'll be having a phone consultation with him this week and will start cycling with them in January.

In the meantime I'm going to do another couple of cycles with my current clinic (Canberra Fertility Centre) - I start jabbing tomorrow.

Good luck to everyone - hope to get more involved here soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning everyone, so I've got my $%&! together this morning and am back on the 'positive' thinking track. Have work for the next 3 days so that will keep me well and truly occupied with this waiting....although it is constantly at the back of my mind - 9 days to go till BT. Thanks to you all for your support and advice to get over yesterday's setback - now moving forward. Question, I notice a lot of you are on heaps of drugs after ET - I'm only on Crinone once a day - is that normal??? I know this is our first cycle and kinda of an experiment as to how my system reacts to the drugs etc, but should I be taking something else. tryingreallyhard - you said something about pregnyl boosters - what are they??
    Gardenia2 and Lilbirdy - almost another day done of the TWW.....
    Good luck to others who are starting their cycles.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jenkie, I am the same as you and have wondered about further post ET support. This is my second cycle and given I had supposedly good looking embies, I wonder about implantation.

The longer I go in this process, the more I think my FS is a paint by numbers doctor. Not suggesting yours is Jenkie !! And for your first cycle, it's definitely a bit of trial and error.

Something to discuss with your FS if you need another appointment after the cycle you don't !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies
    Quick question.
    When you have had a failed cycle, and have to return to your FS, how far in advance did you make that appointment ? Or did you need to make one in advance ?

Seems my FS treats all patients the same - ie I have to wait the same period as a new patient would ! Not happy Jan. Currently her next appointments are in mid December.

tryingreallyhard is offline Waiting for our little prince or princess.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quick one for lilbirdy and jenkie. My FS has us on bucket loads of post ET support. Crinone x2 and pessary at night, clexane, baby aspirin, progenove, provera, and all the other pre supplements as well (am on clexane aspirin DHEA prednisone feldene and natural supplements including zinc co enzyme 10 and folinic acid.

In regards to waiting times we never wait. I'm doing back to back stim cycles this time round and our first appt to get started was at 5.40am. He works like a dog to give us the best service and hopefully the best chance of falling pregnant.

Could you possibly look at changing clinics?? I know I couldn't do this without the mighty mighty Wazza. If either of you are in Brissie I highly recommend him!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    TRH, I am actually changing clinics. This is yet another reason why. My appt with new FS is Nov 1. Hopefully I won't need it as I'm still in 2ww and then will do FET with current clinic.

Does anyone have thoughts on moving frosties (day 2 frozen) to the new clinic and just doing the FET with them ? I guess I would have to ask the new FS. Or would they be disinclined because they haven't cultured them the first two days ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilbirdy - When I start the injections I make an appt for 6 weeks with my FS which is always possible. I had to wait 3 months for my initial appt so this is different for new patients.