ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 45 of 78 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Otgirl - Yay for AF arriving. Your on your way, hopefully I wont be too far behind you.

Tadaaaaa - I agree with your doc...dont believe everything you read on the net, unfortunately. However, this forum is a good source....read back on previous posts and other threads...look for consistant reports. Be careful when reading 'research shows' articles....scrutinise those type of articles, as the research may be 'slanted' to produce a particular outcome, depending on who is doing and funding the research. Check out page 33 on this thread, there is a couple of websites regarding embryo grading and implantation, thanks to Micca.

Jenkie - Good luck for ET tomorrow.....6 is a fantastic number. Are you having just the one transferred or two?

Lilbirdy - when is your BT? How many days down....are you half way through?

Jen42 - Hiya...glad to see the tears are slowly drying. Its funny how we so want a baby, yet it is nice once in a while not to have to worry what we are putting inside our bodies....just in case! I guess it is therapeutic for us as well....recharges the IVF batteries!

Micca - Hows that pregnant tummy of yours.....getting bigger and bigger? Your 4D picture is amazing...I bet you cant take your eyes of her.

to everyone else.

Nothing to report from me, yet!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    wow you are all busy... Ill do personals saturday...

jenkie I just wanted to pop in and wish you all the best for your transfer tomorrow and hope that those embies have grown nice and healthy and dont have too much fragmentation...
    fingers crossed for some grade A embies....

Jen .... I hope you are slowly healing after your BFN... its such a hard time... harder still cause only us IVF girls get it...

taadaa,....welcome to the thread...

oh and sunny my tummy is getting much bigger... Ive put my 21week belly on my profile albums..not long before I will be using the button extender and belly band....

I hope all of you are going ok on your journey to babies... it can happen if you all persevere....a very hard road but one with a reward of our life at the end.
    Last edited by micca; 15-10-2010 at 20:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Micca, your belly has really popped out....how exciting.....definately cant hide it now from workmates!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Micca, thanks for the welcome and the words of encouragement. I really like it here, everyone's very friendly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI Lovely girls

Im sorry ive been very slack in here and on bubhub in general.

Just a quick note to say im joining you in the 2ww Jenkin and Lilbirdy.

I had 2 embies trf yesterday one a day 5 one a day 6. now the 2ww craziness begins. But its such a lovely day out there today!

MICCA - So lovely to see your beautiful pregnancy it gives us all hope

Gardenia

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning, thanks everyone for all your good wishes. Well we now have 1 lovely looking little emb tucked up warm inside and 4 possible bubsicles - we lost another one overnight and clinic waiting to see what these 4 are going to do over the next 24 hours as to whether they can be frozen. Now the waiting game starts. I have to go for PG test on the 27th, so that's only 11 days time - it's going to be a very long 11 days.

Hey Gardenia, we were only given the option of 1 emb for each transfer, was told they didn't do multiples.... All the very best, hope the TWW goes quickly for you.

Hi Lilbirdy, how many days are you into your TWW?

tryingreallyhard is offline Waiting for our little prince or princess.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Jenkie - that's fantastic about being PUPO. The TWW is soooo long. I hope you have lots to take your mind off it. Do you have pregnyl boosters along the way (I ask that coz I have to wait 15 days for BT)??? Our FS believes in putting back 3 at a time for his older ladies. Not sure why but he thinks it's better for implantation (hopefully it will be this time round).

Gardenia2 - I read on another thread about you being stressed about putting the 6 day back. Our embryologist told me it makes no difference to implant rates if they are day 5 or 6. Good luck in the madhouse of the TWW.

Micca - thanks for the words of encouragement. It really is a hard road. I really didnt think it was going to be like this but I keep going in the hope that we'll hold a little one in our arms soon just like you will. Good luck!!!

AFM - on day 3 of jabbing. Looking forward now to EPU and ET. Seem to have gotten my spirit back again after a pretty dark 10 days. Gotta be positive for the next round

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies
    Will do some personals tomorrow but having a pretty negative time of things.
    I'm 11dpo and 9days past 2 day transfer. I tested this morning and got absolutely nothing, and I feel absolutely nothing.
    My OHSS has completely gone, and it is normally said to return if it's a BFP.

Thursday is my official test day so will know for sure then.
    Last edited by lilbirdy; 16-10-2010 at 17:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, talk about the highs and lows of IVF - was doing really well yesterday, had transfer felt great, took it easy for the day, sent DH & DD to the motor show so I could just sit and relax. Then today - BANG - clinic called and our 4 possible bubsicles didn't make it - I'm so disappointed and shattered. DH not taking the news too well either. Just don't understand how yesterday they were going ok, at least 2 were looking really good and today gone. This is so harsh. I have to stay positive for the little ONE inside me now, but how quickly things change. Got to keep chin up and keep going. I admire you all who have been doing this journey for a long time.... Sorry, I must sound really selfish, I really appreciate how lucky we are just to have this ONE cooking at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    jenkie.... I understand how you feel... alot of embies are lost when they go further than day 3... some of it is quality but a lot has to do with the lab. when the cleavage(day3) embie needs to grow on it requires a completely different culture medium and environment., There are a number of culture liquids available commercially on the market and there is a lot of debate as to which ones work the best. But it comes down to some labs are good growing to day 5 and some are crap.
    My FS lab was not very good and I lost a lot of embies.
    All my frozens are cleavage. which is what studies show as having the best thaw rate.
    So dont blame yourself.. and have hope in the lone ranger... it could be the one chromosomally perfect one of the bunch.
    Just learn from this and insist that all your embies are frozen at day 3. It took me a cycle to figure it out as well.....lets hope that your next cycle will be your 2nd child...xxxx
    ps..my clinic would transfer 3 cleavage embies or 2 blasts...

lillbirdy... woohoo 11dpo... step away from the evil HPT...NOW !!!. you know its way to early. If I had POAS on day 14po it would have been neg as my beta would have only been about 20... I POAS at 16dpo and it was only weakly positive after about 10mins... and look at me now..!!!!...hang in there a few more days....

gardina...yay for transferrring 2 blasts..lets hope one sticks.... you and jenkie are on the crazy train together...now make sure you get lots of rancho relaxo over the next few days as they snuggle in

TRH.... lets hope that you have lots and lots of follies growing..its always so much better on your pysche when you start the cycle....

sunny....come on AF, jabbin wants to be started so that we can have some babies on board.

otgirl....... yay for jabbin, lovely that you and TRH will be cycling together

taadaa... I took folic, coQ10(300mg), vit E1000iu, vitD 1000iu, DHEA,50mg, zinc, royal jelly, fish oil 4g day, evening primrose oil 4g day.
    I stopped the royal jelly, fishoil, evening primrose oil at EPU. and dropped the DHEA to 25 post EPU and stopped at beta when it was positve.

vit D is really important in the process... I made sure my blood level was always above 100 (your GP can check it)
    I also did weekly acupuncture. and took chinese herbs after EPU to make the lining really sticky for the embryo... it had a lot of false unicorn root in it...
    Im sure it worked and I know that it took at least 3-4 months to improve the egg quality.
    Dont forget that DH is very important with his sperm and menivit is probbaly the best on the market..he need coQ10 as well and vit D,extra zinc.

well Ive had a quiet weekend...lots and lots of couch time...Im just exhausted... this being preggers at 42 certainly takes it out of you as well as having to work and look after yourself... my housework is just suffering...lol... maybe Ill pick up the vacum cleaner today..lol..
    But its sure different to those young and groovy 20yr old with their basket ball bellies....lol..lol..sometimes you cant but help be a little jealous...but we all make choices and I am lucky to be pregnant with my dream child on the way...

Last edited by micca; 17-10-2010 at 10:30.