Closed Thread
Page 36 of 78 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies
    Moved from the couch to the bed, still have a fair bit of ouchiness post EPU and I'm lucky to have a flexible workplace so figured another day of rest would be worthwhile.

Sunny, wow, that is sort of bitter sweet about your DP right ? Having them away for consecutive days is tough (mine is in Canberra two weeks every month or two) but like yours, mine has the job of his dreams -- so who are we to stop them ? Just presents a potential issue if they're needed for their 'goods' on a certain day ?! But there are ways around it, I'm not sure how far away your DP will be ?
    When are you due to start your cycle ?

Jen42, how you feeling ? Have you been able to relax a little bit and just 'settled in' to tww ? Did you get into accupuncture appt ? I hope so, I am a massive fan of the little pins it makes me feel great !

Mum4nay, did you get any joy from your clinic on the question of provera ? No abstination by the sounds of it though ?? Good luck for Saturday.

TRH, just two days now. How are you ? We all have everything crossed for you sprinkle sprinkle

cilille, I'm not sure if you'll pop back in here for the next little while but if you do just know there is probably no other group of people that understand where how are you feeling than right here. The little highs along the hopeful road to a BFP are promising, but the lows are very low. Take stock, take time, and enjoy a IVF-free and hopefully less stressful life for at least a short while.

hoping4more & soclose is AF on its way ?? Hope you get closer to your next cycle asap

minibar, sheesh, not long now !! Have you got all your bits and pieces in place ??

mumma micca, how you doin' ? I think I forgot to wish you HB for the week before last, sorry !! Belated More bubba clothes ? May I ask, have you started to think about names yet ??

LouLouLaBelle, how did your follies look last week ? Hope they're moving alot at a nice pace.

lilly40, how did your FN appointment go ? I understand your DH wanted to cancel 2nd opinion but I highly recommend booking one in advance anyway, simply because good FS's can take quite a while to get into, esp with Xmas around the corner. I have booked us into a new FS on Nov 1, I just see it as an insurance policy. If we get a BFP, easy enough to cancel, but pretty hard to get back in. Good luck with this cycle, keep us posted.

Andygee, OTgirl how are you ?

Mortelle, we only saw you once, are you coming back ??

sooz, anxious the ladies with babies how are you traveling ??

Who have I missed ? Big upper cut to myself if I have forgotten anyone.

AFM, clinic rang this morning and I have - brace yourselves - 20 fertilised eggs. It's a phenomenal amount for a 41yo, we got to see the head embryologist yesterday and she 'aged' me at about 35. However ... as I keep telling DH, 20 are no good unless they're good quality. Of course it increases the odds and I feel very lucky but it's literally a day by day process at this point.

I still feel very confused about the 2 day v 5 day (that's all my clinic does) but we'll see what the embies look like tomorrow. The embryologist bascially poo-pooed the FS idea of freezing half at day 2 and taking remainder to day 5. Arrrrgh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilbirdy - 20 is fantastic! That's great news. Fingers crossed for great fertilisation rates. Can you not talk the embryologist into doing what you and your FS want? Great that you have another day off to recover.

Sunny - great news about DH's job. Mine also works away alot - I think he has only been here for 1 of my cycles - he just goes in early and has it frozen. We make it work, don't we, no matter what. And a dream job is a pretty good reason to make it work. Congratulations.

TRH - are you ok? Not long now, only 2 more sleeps.

It's a quick post from me today - hello to everyone.

AFM - nothing much to report, just trying not to get too obsessed with no symptoms. I have AF pains on and off, but so many people say they had AF pains and still went on to get a BFP that I am trying to ignore them. Only 5 more sleeps.

Jen

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi girls,

Jen42 - 5 more sleeps... you're super cool mummie to be

Lilbirdy - 20 eggs, awesome!! Hope you're doing ok today - good to rest up and recover.... surely with so many the embryologist would be happy to freeze a few early for you??

sunny - congrat's on DH dream job! Isn't it amazing that we can still get pregnant not only with no sex but also with DH not even at the scene! Where there's a will there's a way....

AFM - well, the last of my baby friends has fallen - pregnancy announcement today.... I am officially the only living soul that hasn't got around to baby no 2.... arrrggghhh! [Deep breathe, this is NOT a competition]
    Clinic treated me like an idiot re provera question - told me to stop reading MIMS and that they are in the business of MAKING babies, not giving birth deformities.... Thanks so much to this thread to give me accurate information! I'm not stressing....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mum4Nay – Glad you heard from TRH and Micca regarding Provera, as your clinic didn’t sound too helpful. I am currently on Provera, but that is purely to settle things down after my Lap and Hyst.
    No matter how happy we are for friends and family announcing pregnancies, it still knocks the wind out of our sails……coz we sooooo wish it was us……it will be your turn very soon.

TRH – It must have been a nice surprise to hear you had some embies for the freezer…..good work. Blood test Friday…..only 2 more sleeps.

Cilille – So sorry to hear of your BFN……sometimes it just sucks, pure and simple. Enjoy an IVF stress free life…..spoil yourself, spoil DP and spoil each other. Please come back if you change your mind and want to try again.

Soclose – How are you?

Jen42 – How are you going with your TWW? I too have heard lots of ladies (naturally and IVF) that say they had AF symptoms and got a BFP. 5 more sleeps….on the home run now.
    I too cant find much information on Adenomysis.

Lilbirdy – 20 fertilised eggs….that is amazing, congratulations. Not sure about blasties v’s day 3…it’s a hard one…I have been thinking about it a lot and cant seem to lean one way or the other….I think I would be guided by my FS….of course it doesn’t help when the Embryologist and FS don’t agree!!!
    I am due to start my cycle in about a week, but the Provera may delay it…..Im thinking about stopping the Provera a little earlier, just in case it takes an extra week for AF to arrive….I need to get the right timing for when DP is at home….we will probably freeze his goodies next time.

Hoping4More – Good on you for going straight in for another cycle…..fingers crossed this one will be the one. I too was on 375 Gonal F and next cycle will go to 450. Let us know how you go with your appointment tomorrow.

Otgirl – How are you travelling?

Micca – You must be very close for your 20 week scan…..good luck, but Im sure you wont need it. Anymore shopping trips for babette?

AndyGee – So sorry to hear of your BFN. How are you feeling? Did you survive your weekend of ‘debauchery’….it actually sounded like a good idea - wine, cheese, oysters. DP and I celebrated with a bottle of champagne on the night of our BT….we were determine to celebrate if we had either BFP or BFN…just to signify that we could do fertilisation, even if the implantation didn’t work….we still cried though!

LouLouLaBelle – How is the jabbing going?

Minibar – You are so very close now….good luck.

PennyPC – Congratulations on being PUPO. I too have been reading your blog for some time now….you truly are an inspirational woman. Good luck for your TWW.

Sooz – How are you and your precious cargo going?

AFM
    Thanks everyone for your well wishes for DP and his new job……one of the reasons for accepting the job is to afford more IVF attempts if needed, fingers crossed we wont. I am in Cairns and DP is in Mt Isa, over 1100klms away.

Had my Day 21 ultrasound on Monday and all system go for cycling …..also had my Saizen (growth hormone) injection too. So I am just waiting for AF to arrive, so hopefully next week I start jabbing.

I spoke with my FS regarding Prednisone/Colorado Protocol and he didn’t seem too enthusiastic, so I was a little disappointed.....every other time I have discussed a 'new' protocol, he has been enthusiastic. In fact, he said ‘I don’t think you need it…..not yet’. So I don’t know whether to go to my GP for a script, like some of you guys??!! DP wants me to follow FS instructions, but of course, he has not read all the positive stories. What to do...what to do?!

Can anyone enlighten me on particular diets pre and post EPU/ET…..I am reading of key times to eat more protein etc?

Well I am off to bed to read...I dont think I am going to get 'Eat Pray Love' finished before tomorrow night....going to see a charity (breast cancer research) showing of the movie and wanted to finish the book first.

Good night ladies....have a good night.

tryingreallyhard is offline Waiting for our little prince or princess.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilbirdy - Im so glad your EPU went so well. Yay for flexible workplaces!! Hope you recuperate quickly and are ready for ET.

Jen42 - I too have had the crampy type pains. My acupuncture lady said that's really common with progesterone. Im trying really hard not to read anything into the cramps and to just wait til Friday but geez it's hard work.

Thanks you Sunny15, Jen42 and Lilbirdy and to the others Ive missed for your well wishes. Im not the praying kind but I've even resorted to making "deals" with whomever might be up there. The things we do

AFM - 2 more sleeps til BT. I have to say that up until 2 days ago I was really positive but I feel a bit down now. Feel like it's not going to go the way we want I have been very tempted to POAS and may still do it tomorrow - see how I feel!! Have lots of progesterone on board so really dont know one way or the other and I think that's whats doing my head in. Will let everyone know on Friday either way. Thanks for the support. I really appreciate it from the only ladies who know exactly what Im going through. If it's not the way we want then we'll just get straight back on the horse (so to speak

Thanks
    Reviews
    TRH - I know this is easier said than done...but try to keep your chin up....its not over til the fat lady sings!!! I know of a couple of ladies that thought it was all over....some resorting to 'real coffee' (hey Micca??!!) because they thought it was not going to happen for them and they got their BFP. Try to stay positive....shelve the negativity....if BT does not work out in your favour, then let the sorrows forth....positive vibes are only going to be good for you and bub. This journey is so very very hard and plays havoc with our emotions. Its hard but try....thinking of you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies,

Goodness me this thread has moved quickly since I was last on.

Hi to everyone. I hope everyone is doing well.

for those who are waiting on upcoming BT's. I hope they bring wonderful news. I'll be watching and waiting to see the results. Good luck.

My FN appointment has been changed from Thursday to Friday. FN had a meeting with FS today to see what he wants to do with my medication this time around. I'm looking forward to Fridays appointment to see what's going to be happening and when I can get started again. I'm just pill popping away at the moment. I find the pill gives me the lack of tolerance even more so than the synarel. It'll be good when I start the other meds and can get off the pill. Makes me grumpy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning ladies.

TRH - only one more sleep. It is so easy to be negative when you have cramps etc, but as Sunny says so many ladies have thought AF was on its way, had coffee, wine, then got their BFP. Only one more day to go - hope you have a "you" day today and be kind to yourself. Sending you lots and lots of .

Sunny - thanks for the positive words. It is so easy to get caught up in looking for symptoms etc. There is not much out there on adenomyosis, although it seems lots of ladies suffer from it. I guess the worst thing is that if this one doesn't work, then it is the adenomyosis that is prevent the embies from sticking, and there is no real solution. Did your FS give you reasons for not wanting to do the Colorado protocol? It is hard as you don't want to go against your FS, maybe you can bring it up again and put a bit of pressure on him? If the Colorado protocol can't harm you, I don't see why he won't try it. Good luck in convincing him. I try to be healthy when stimming and after ET, and up the protein, but I don't go overboard. I spent the first couple of cycles eating organic only, and I spent more time stressing about what was and wasn't good for me! I have relaxed a lot since then, and just try to eat fresh and healthy.

Mum4nay - sorry the clinic treated you like that. I still don't understand how we can spend sooo much money, yet they find it easy to treat us like idiots. Funny how this site gives us better/more logical advice (and I guess personal experience) than our clinics sometimes give us. It is hard to hear about everyone else's pregnancies, that the next cycle is your one.

Hoping4more - I agree, I don't like the pill at all, it doesn't agree with me either. The clinic I am now at have never made me take the pill, thank goodness. Hope you get off it soon. Let us know how you go on Friday, which clinic do you go to?

Lilbirdy - how are you feeling? Are you recovered? Any news from the clinic? Thinking of you.

Otgirl - any sign of AF?

Micca - how are you? When is your 20 week scan?

Andygee
    - thinking of you.

Cillile - thinking of you also, hope you are ok.

Penny - how are you feeling? Hope the TWW is being kind to you and you are relaxing and enjoying being PUPO.

Hello to everyone else, have a good day.

AFM - nothing to report. Have been going for big long (well, maybe not as long as I should) walks along the beach which has been good for the body and soul. Trying not to think too much into anything. Acupuncture this morning, massage this afternoon, and tax in between! I am doing 2 years worth of tax for both myself and my partner, so I have a bit to go yet!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Eeeeeep. I am officially confused.

The head scientest rang this morn - I have 6 really nice embies, she wants to freeze 4 and transfer 2 today (or one if we want). She is an absolute believer in early transfer and quoted me the stats from her previous clinic in the UK where they only did 2 day transfer and had over 50% take home baby rate.

She also told me to take the crinone NOW before the ET as I'm a slightly difficult transfer (narrox cervix) and this would relax the uterus. She then said "I'll fight that battle with the doctor before your ET" -- like she didn't think the doctor would have agreed to the crinone. Farrrrrrk, I am having an insight into the uncertainty of this science I probably didn't want/need.

So looks like I'm off to have two grade 1 / day 2 embies transferred.

Will report back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning

Jen42- 2 years worth of tax for both of you! Plus all the IVF bills etc... Crikey, that would take me ages - good luck!

TRH - Friday is so soon! Look forward to hearing your outcome... I think it's the last few days that it pretty normal to get a little negative and go into 'self protection' mode - I also do and even hate getting out of bed/going to the toilet in case of you know who!! Thinking of you

sunny - Mt Isa is an amazing place - the airport is like central station in sydney peak hour - commuters getting to work! It's apparently one of the busiest airports in the country!
    Re prednisone/antibiotics - there's apparently no harm in taking it (IVF-wise) so I figured it was worth a try - too easy to get it out of the GP. I'm also nervous about not telling FS... DH doesn't agree with my plan either??!
    Eat/Pray/Love - take your tissues I've been told. I ordered the book from the library yesterday - did you enjoy what you read of it?

Nothing to report from me.... should do some work - I'm a master of procrastination!!!!!!!!