ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 33 of 78 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Micca, can I ask (you are velly well researched lady !) if you can point to any info online about culture methods ? I want to look into this a little more. I still feel a little surprised that I had 15 fertilised, 11 still nice on day 3, but only 1 ended up surviving to day 5.

I was also peeved when it came to ET with the blastie and I asked the scientest to explain to me the quality, he was very short and didn't make much effort at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jen, glad your ET went well, now to the madhouse otherwise known as the TWW !! Wish you the very best of luck. I lurrrve the accu too.

hopefully, nawwwww, bloody AF, I hope she comes very soon.

Hi to everyone else, beautiful here in Sydney, I hope it is wherever you are.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    lilbirdy here is some articles that may help

embryo grading
    http://www.ivf-indiana.com/education...ssessment.html

investigations of repeated implantation failure
    http://humrep.oxfordjournals.org/con...1/12/3036.full

blastocyst grading
    http://www.advancedfertility.com/blastocystimages.htm

a general site by one of the american guru doctors whom does a lot of older women IVF
    http://www.ivfauthority.com/

Im sorry I did not save the journal articles about blastocyst culture but if you google labatory culture of blastocysts you might find some info...

the journal of reproductive medicine is also really good..

tryingreallyhard is offline Waiting for our little prince or princess.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilbird – thats fantastic news on the follies. I hope you get some nice egg numbers with lots of little embies grown from them, Good luck with EPU tomorrow. Im getting some crampy type pains that sort of come and go in waves. Hoping that means the little ones are snuggling in for the long haul.

Jen42 – as above am having some weird crampy type pains that are really quite transient. Not really AF but feels like some movement in there. I so hope they're burrowing and will start shooting off HCG tomorrow. BT is on Friday the 7th. When is yours?? Not sure about the CoQ10??? I agree with the acupuncture. I fell asleep again last night during my session.

Micca – the loopy train hasn't been too loopy this time round. I guess coz I know they're in there and they're doing there best to make a little person. This as opposed to IUI when you really dont know what's going on. Im so glad everything is going so well for you. Enjoy this precious time.

Hoping – hope AF turns up soon. I reckon it's only in IVF land that we wish for AF to show

AFM – as above crampy type pains that come and go. Dont stay around too long – just know they're there. Had acupuncture last night and I asked her is she could tell if I was pregnant from my pulse. She said that I had a bounding pulse which was possibly a pregnant pulse (she told me at our first session that she doesn't like to say anything just in case she's wrong, hence the “possibly”). In the next breathe she asked what I thought about triplets (she knew we were having 3 put back). Now, I'm taking that with a grain of salt but my DH's face when I told him later that night was priceless . It's been such fun teasing him about having triplets (this is regardless of the fact that the chance of that is 0.1%). It's been lovely to dream about this in the TWW. I dont even feel like I need to POAS. I think I'll just wait it out and see what the BT has to say.

to all those still waiting on their BT's and to those starting afresh!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Andy, Cillile, Trying, Jen I am thinking of you during you TWW and hope all is going well. Hopefully we will have a string of BFPs next week to celebrate.

Hi to those jabbing - keep up the good work!

Those who are waiting for AF - I hope you are not going mad waiting - it seems waiting is all we ever do!

Everyone else - hi, hope all is going well.

AFM - still waiting for AF. Due next Friday so hopefully only a week to go and I will be able to start jabbing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    One large raspberry from me - negatory lovelies.....
    I'm now proceeding to get drunk, smoke a crack pipe, jump on the pile of my left over clexane injections and eat Brie and oysters all night!
    Then when the sun comes up I'll pick myself up, dust myself down and do it all again next month!
    Big love to everyone xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    AndyGee, I'm so sorry. to you. Love your plans for tonight tho. Sept seems to have been a really crappy month for many of us. I wish and hope that this next cycle is the one for you. Sticky embies for all of us, I'll put the order in now.

AFM, started the pill today. AF sort of showed herself enough for FN to tell me to start the pill. I think that today might have been my cut off day because she said it was just in the nick of time for this cycle. Can't believe AF didn't behave and left it till the last minute. She can be such a b^tch sometimes.

So, here we go again. I have an appointment with FN next Thursday and I guess I'll find out where we go from there. I think they're putting my Gonal F dosage up to 450 this time. It was 375 last time so I hope that little bit makes a big difference.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well. I can't remember where everyone is at so if you're still in your TWW, I'll be for all of you that we have some awesome results.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Andygee - sorry this wasn't the one for you. Hope you enjoyed your wine (lots of it), soft cheese and oysters. Good to hear that you are going to go straight into another one. Take care of yourself.

Hoping4more - great news that you have started. I thought they put all of us oldies on 450 Gonal F. Thank goodness AF showed up just in the nick of time.

Otgirl - it is so true about waiting for everything. I am not a very patient person (or so my DH tells me) and yet the whole process is about waiting. Hope AF shows up when she should.

Tryingreallyhard - by B/T is on the 11/10. How are you coping? I love it, I tease my DH about twins, it would be even more fun to tease him about triplets! Are you managing to stay sane? Any hints? Can I ask which clinic you are at? I haven't heard before of anyone being allowed to transfer 3, but I think it's great in us oldies! We need all the help we can get!!

Lilbirdy - how are you feeling? EPU still booked in for Tuesday? The best thing I did was change clinics (I am not sure about transferring frosties as I didn't have any). If you are not happy, definitely change. I am amazed by the difference between the 2 clinics I have been to.

Micca - are you working this weekend? Hope you are relaxing....

Hello to everyone else, hope you are settling in for nice weekends.

AFM - my other 2 embies didn't make it to blastocyst, but at least I had my 2 to transfer. I am struggling a little at the moment. Usually I have been working during my TWW, but I'm not working at the moment and have spent the last 2 days on the couch watching DVD's and trying to take it easy. I don't seem to be as relaxed as I could be and I'm not sure why, don't know if it is all the drugs or whether I know this is probably my last try so I am a little more nervous than normal? Any hints to calm me down? I have been going to acupuncture which does calm me, but it is in between that worries me. I am ok when I am occupied, but as soon as I start to think about it....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just wanted to pop in and give Andygee a huge sorry this wasn't the one.

to all you other lovely ladies wherever you are in your cycle here's a huge truckful of . I hope we get lots of good news soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies
    Checking in from a low key long weekend on the couch.

So sorry to hear about your BFN Andy, big hugs to you. I hope you can take some time for yourself and process things. I must say I had a little giggle at how you're going to 'let yourself go' for a few weeks, I think we can all relate.

Jen, is definitely good to have stuff to keep your mind active with. Maybe try and plan a few things if you're not working that will help keep your thoughts away from the crazy mind mash that is the 2WW. Catch up with some friends who don't know you're TTC, see a few movies (out of the house, I sometimes find that helps you escape more). Pedicure is always awesome and even maybe a gentle stretching class or something at your local gym/community centre. I also find swimming relaxes me alot, even if you have anxious thoughts, sometimes some slow laps help to gently ease them out. My Dad (who knows I'm on IVF) actually suggested going along to see a psychologist (someone I had seen before) - just to 'release' the psychological tension and talk.
    Or grab one of those canvasses from the $2 shop and some paint from bunnings and paint some splodges on a canvas. PS. I'm not sure if you have other kids some of these activities are very much centred around you, so understand they're not so simple.

minibar, 5 weeks to go wow !!! How are you feeling ??? You are due on my mum's birthday (also Rememberance day and the day Gough Whitlam was sacked, there you go).

Hoping, good luck with your appt next week, here's wishing you best of luck that this is your cycle.

Hi to everyone else hope you're weekend is going well so far.

AFM, full as a goog but feeling okay. Scan yesterday showed 37 follies , two or three at 20mm, then others at 18mm, 17 etc ... E2 was 13000 so they wound me right back to 150 puregon and waiting for a call this arvo to be told tomorrow's dose. EPU still Tues, I am not looking forward to having over 30 follies pricked with a needle nor the 6 month pregnant belly afterward. Would gladly trade some of that quantity if I knew the quality was awesome. Ah well.