Closed Thread
Page 30 of 78 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    sorry I have not been posting much.. a combination of long work hours and just sheer exhaustion. you gals have been really busy.

TRH... great embies on board... now you just need to have a little chat and promise them everything.. it seemed to work for me....

chillie... good luck on the 2ww... Ive often pondered that question but since joining the IVF threads I would adopt any left over to a friend in need so that they have a special home to be loved and still have some contact as a friend...

andygee... yay for the 2ww half over... hang in there dont go tooo insane...lol...lol..
    I had some gripey pains around implantation but nothing else...infact at day 14po I was totally convinced that I was a BFN with AF like pains, cranky, all the pregnancy symptoms had completely gone once my pregnyl had stopped... my boobs were normal... I was emotionally ready for the BFN... but the outcome was completely different... I still have my HPT cause its still a miracle that it worked.... lol...

jen42.... Goodluck with your EPU tomorrow lets hope that you get at least 6 eggs and have a great fert rate...xxxx

mum4day...the prednisone is harmless in the short term ie <14days. it is only when you have been on it for a month or more does it have sideeffects. Many people including asthmatics and allergies will recieve a short course for 5-7 days with no long term harm at all. It is the misuse of the medication that leads to problems. but basically adding the prednisone and antibiotics in just turns it into a modified colorado protocol.

OTgirl...its hard to do these cycles with that blooody clock ticking away. I took DHEA for around 3 months prior to my BFP... Im not sure whether it made a difference but I would take it again anytime my fertilisation rates were always around 90% and I always had a good day 3 embie growth... so maybe it did help. But my attitude is that at our age we have to pull out every bit of help we can take... I would probably start the DHEA now.. but stop it the day before EPU and recommence it only if you get a BFN. it can do no harm and at least it gives you weeks of being on it and you can cycle sooner...

well you are all so busy..I apologise If I have missed anyone...

If you ask me what contributed to my BFP Im sure it was a combination of everything over a 5month period...
    the mega vitamins and antioxidants, DHEA, weekly acupuncture, luveris injections,? saizen growth hormone, prednisone aspirin, and antibiotics after EPU. clean water and fresh air, no caffiene or alcholol, no fast foods. Its certainly hard work
    but the only thing that really changed in cycle 3 was the addition of the prednisone and antibiotics.
    I produced good eggs with 90%fert rates in all 3 cycles...and am lucky to have 6 frosties.

So I really attribute the pred and antibiotics to my BFP... . I guess we just have to make our own minds up, But there is a heap of data and journal articles on the increased success using prednisone and aspirin after EPU.
    I believe at our age we all need aggressive protocols, the problem comes when FS just treat us like another 20 something and I have to say that we really waste our money with these FS. My FS was one of those and I was going to change to QFG if the last cycle was negative.
    It will be my next choice for child number 2....

So here I am at 18weeks still not quite ready to admit theres a baby in there but getting better and feeling safer day by day.. 2 weeks for my morphology scan and then I think I will be fully relaxed with little babette.

So all of you I wish you luck, knowledge is our key and we must push our FS to be aggressive and test them to make sure we are getting the treatment we deserve. If we are knowledgable and can present arguments it makes the FS work harder and consider options that they may have waited to do 2 or 3 cycles down the road... we have that clock ticking and need aggressive cycles now... so dont be afraid to question your FS...

I hope we can have a few more graduates... its been 12weeks since our last BFP so its up to you lovely ladies in the 2ww to give us some ...
    Big hugs to you all...xxxxxxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    MICCA - I'm really sorry I haven't kept up with this thread, i've been slack, but a little miss does keep me really busy. I just wanted to congratulate you on your pregnancy and can't believe you are 18 weeks along, time flies. Hope you are enjoying being pregnant, I really loved the experience. I have uploaded pics of my baby girl if you want to see them, she is growing so fast & is now 9 weeks old. As I said time flies so enjoy every day. I hope your scan goes well, are you going to find out the sex?
    I agree on your comments above regarding pushing for more out of the FS, there's too much 'focus' on standard protocols and sometimes you have to look outside the square. I didn't have success until I was on prednisone, clexane injections and the asprin.
    Would you mind PM your progress, I would love to know how you are going and when bub is born. I usually only have time to check in on the thread I originally joined.

I don't know most of you on this thread but I'd like to send you many blessings and best wishes for where ever you may be in your journey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    AndyGee, love'd Kate Stern. We got to see her through our first IVF cycle as our FS was on hol's. She did a scan and the egg pick up and she was just wonderful. Wished I was able to have her instead of my FS, but she was too booked out at the time. As for my 2ww, I honestly can't say there was anything that stood out other than the cramps I got about day 3,4 & 5 after transfer. They were not exactly like my usual period cramps, a little different, but hard to describe, so am assuming it was implantation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Deep breath, dives in, trying to remember where everyone is at !!

Jen42, not sure if you'll be in here today but hope EPU went okay, have everything crossed for you ! Rest up, hopefully the weekend means you can take it a bit easy.

Micca, you are a bloody inspiration woman. Glad your PG is going well, am I right in thinking you had 3 cycles ? Anyway, I am so impressed with your knowledge and pro-active attitude. You sound like you will make a totally amazing Mum.

Kismet, also great to see you back in here, another 40+ success story with persistence to boot!

Andygee and cillile, thinking of you guys in that 2ww that feels like too years. Andygee almost halfway ?? And you are there now as well right TRH ?? I hope your other embie is good enough for frosting. Best of luck and heaps of babydust all your ways.

Mum4nay, what was your thinking behind pred and antibiotics ? Trying something different / new ?

hoping4more, lilly, sunny, sooz, OTgirl to you all,

I'm sure I have not included everyone here, please forgive me for those I've overlooked.

I would be interested to know from you ladies how much your FS changed your protocol after one cycle, if at all. I realise everyone's different

I have only had one cycle (on number 2) but beginning to think my FS is a bit of a dud - or at least too busy for personal attention. I probably need to be a bit more patient. In any case, as an insurance policy, I have booked in with a new FS at SIVF for the start of November.

AFM, day 3 of jabbing puregon, pretty non-eventful. I am a bit under the weather with achey legs etc so slothing on the lounge with my puppy. I had an accupuncture appt today -- total and utter bliss. I fall into the deepest sleep. My first BT is on Monday and on past history, will be due for EPU around Friday.

Happy happy weekend to you all !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all. Thanks for the ideas on embryo donation.

Lilbirdy - our FS seems to like to do it the same as always. Our first cycle in this set he just followed the same minimalistic protocal as our successful cycle 3 years before with just a touch more fsh (300 - 450). That seemed a good idea and resultedd in 4 D2 embies which was more than original cycle, but ultimately resulted in BFN.
    There was no change for the next cycle, but after it resulted 7 eggs and no usable embies, he offered to reduce fsh in next cycle to try to focus on egg quality rather than quantity. We got 5 eggs and 3 embies that time. Other than going back to 300 fsh, the greatest innovation was to add asprin after transfer for the third cycle. After three cycles, it was us who suggested a donor.
    My impression is that FS thought our results were okay for our age group and if we wanted to keep going we should just keep plodding away with the same protocal and eventually it would work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Evening ladies.

Cillile - it is an interesting question. But I think if I had my family, I would seriously consider it. Hope you are relaxing during your TWW and that this is the one for you.

Lilbirdy - my first FS was like that. Not willing to try anything, even getting him to discuss the unsuccessful cycles was hard. He just kept putting it down to my age. My new FS is great, after 2 transfers that haven't worked, he kept investigating to see why not. You need someone to push the boundaries at our age, it is too easy for them to blame it on our age. Good luck for EPU next week.

Kismet - thanks for popping in. You have also been an inspiration for us older ladies.

Micca - your determination is amazing. Good luck for your morphology scan and relaxing with little babette for the remainder of your pregnancy.

Tryingreallyhard - for being PUPO with 3 beautiful embies on board. Snuggle in embies. Sending you lots of .

Andygee - hope this next week goes quickly for you. When is your B/T? The TWW is so hard, hopefully you have lots to keep you occupied.

Mum4nay - thanks for the info. Isn't it bad, but I would take whatever my FS tells me too if it means getting my BFP, without almost asking any questions. I do trust him and am glad he does look outside the square.

AFM - we got 5 eggs today at EPU. 3 mature, and 2 a little less mature. Really happy with the result. Now, the hard part. Waiting to see if they fertilise and hopefully a couple make it to blastocyst. As we didn't get to transfer on the last cycle, I am trying to remain positive!

Hello to everyone else. Have a great weekend ladies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jen42..woohoo great results on the eggs. lets hope that you have a good fert rate... did you mean that with your eggs you will try for day 5 embies??
    thats pretty brave after all my reading the attrition rate for embies to blast is about 50%. Most FS will not go to blast unless you have a minimum of 6 good quality embies. Most recommend 3 day transfers for >40year olds as going to blast does not always mean good chomosomal quality.. studies show that blasts have just as many chromosomal abnormalities in them as day 3...
    anyway food for thought

lillibirdy
    ... yay for the injections lets hope monday goes well. I so understand on the dud FS... mine did the same protocol for all cycles and never changed anything or offered further investigations as to why it never worked. In fact there was no personal interaction at all. I felt like just a number in the IVF factory.
    Im glad you have been proactive and changed to SIVF... they are certainly more investigative... and remember QFG has a great name for older women. fingers crossed this works...
    Yep I did 3 IVF cycles in 6 months.. I was a determined obsessed machine
    here are my cycle stats

Day3 bloods... FSH 6, LH 4 oestrogen 33,progesterone 0.8, antral follicle count around 12

all cycles were long down regulation ones

#1 ivf/icsi jan 14 eggs 11 fertilise-->2 blasts no frosties, lupron10, gonalF300, luveris 75 last 5 days stimming... ovarian cyst caused OHSS..mild (oestrogen 18,000). pregnyl/aspirin luteal support

#2 ivf/icsi..march. 12eggs, 11 fertilise, 3x day 3transfered 8cell,9cell good quality minor fragmentation only , 3 frosties gonalF300,lupron10...pregnyl/aspirin luteal support

started BCP after cycle 2 for 3 weeks then went into cycle 3

#3 ivf/icsi ..may. 22eggs (left ovary worked) 15mature, 14 fertilised. 3 frozen day3(8,7cells) , 11-->2 blasts
    gonalF300,lupron10, saizen x5, luveris last 5 days stim, keflex antibiotics after EPU,prednisone 25mg 6 days, pregnyl/aspirin luteal support. Mild OHSS (oestrogen 20,000)... prednisone/keflex self initiated

as well as all the mega vitamins
    fish oil 4g day, coq10 300mg day,spiralina 2 day, blackmores preg multivitamins - 3 day, vit D 1000iu day, blackmores zinc - 2 day,kelp, DHEA 50mg 4 months, while stimming I added in evening primrose oil 4g day, royal jelly 2g day.

plus chinese fertility herbs (stopped at cycle start) and chinese herbs in luteal phase to help implantation (mainly a mix with false unicorn root) plus weekly acupunture since Nov 09.
    no caffiene or alcohol since nov 09.

so I was a very very very determined person.. Living in the country helped with eating a lot of organic veges from my garden, farm eggs and great water.

So thats my story... and I will do it all again for number 2 (prob when I am 43)...
    Last edited by micca; 24-09-2010 at 22:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Micca, can I just ask about your successful cycle (thanks for all the info!) .... am I right in reading you froze 3 on day three and took a number of them to blast where there were 2 that made it ? Were those two the ones you transferred ? (Meaning you have some day 3s on ice ?)

The reason I ask is I had 22 collected in my first cycle, 17 mature, 11 made it to day 3 but only 1 made it to day 5. This time I am considering just putting half of them straight on ice and taking the rest to day 5 in hopes at least one of them makes it. At least then I've got some day three frosties to put back rather than going back to another stim cycle.

I also wonder ... and I don't think anyone has the answer to this ... if only one egg made it to blasty, would any of the others resulted in a BFP had I transferred on day 2/3 ??

It's just so hard to know what to do ! Obviously I will wait to see how many eggies I've got but already thinking about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning!

A quick one from me. Out of the 5 eggs, 5 have fertilised.
    Can't believe it. First time I have ever had 100% fertilisation. Still a long road ahead, just have to take it day by day.

Micca - my clinic will only transfer blastocysts. My first clinic did Day 3 transfers but this FS believes in blastocysts. Out of 3 cycles with him, 2 cycles I have managed to get at least 2 blastocysts, with one producing 3 (from 6 eggs).

Bit overcast where I am (Gold Coast) so planning to spend the rest of the day on the coach relaxing.

Jen

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,

I hope you don't mind me popping in here.

I'm a long term cycler who has just made the move to an ED who is due to cycle next month

I noticed a lot of my old cycling pals here, and it's great to see so many successful over 40's.

Congratulations on your 100% fertilisation rate Jen42

I wish you all the best of luck

Millie