Closed Thread
Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Hope everyone is well

Sooz good luck for tomorrows beta and heres to great HCG number for you X

Lilbirdy thats fantastic news on the embryos my goodness can I have what your having

micca hope you are resting up Im sure you will get some great heart beat numbers on your next scan

Winzy and Irene welcome wow this thread just keeps on getting bigger everytime I log in.

Chillie no your not alone I think most of us have the wicked witch emerge on the syneral tell your DP you are not the only one and its not in your head. I think all the DH's and DP's family and friends need a forum like this one especially for them.

Soclose, pippy and penny hope you are all well X

Well here is what I pay I went and got everything out to make sure I quote the correct figures IVF/ICIS in total is $7672.90 of which I pay $4398 upfront and medicare pay $3274.90 at the end of the cycle I take the cheque from medicare and take it to the clinic who provide a receipt and then medicare pay me $2360 back at the end of the cycle. In total I am $2038 out of pocket. I hope this clears anything up. Is this similar to other clinics and what you ladies are paying? Would be interested to know if Im being charged too much or not getting the correct rebate. Micca you are getting alot back.

Well just hanging still waiting for my period to arrive and have some symptions so hopefully wont be too long now. Heading off now cooking a sunday roast. Have a great night ladies and hopefully will hear lots of good news from this thread next week XOX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies.....just a quick one from me.....I just wanted to pop in and wish Sooz all the best for tomorrow's BT. for great numbers.....we want to hear all about it. Good luck.

Will catch up on everyone's weekend news and post a reply after my appointment with FS tomorrow arvo.....hopefully I will find out when I will be getting the evil cyst cut out.

hi and bye to everyone else. Chat soon.

Good luck again Sooz.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF cost

Lilly40 - Your system sounds pretty good. We have to pay all the $7200 up front and then got almost $5500 back from medicare. That is just the basic clinic fee. Money to and froed back and forth for all the other non included costs - syneral, scientist fees for processing TESA, anaestic for 2 (his and hers), day hospital x 3 (his, hers and hers again) and of course FS for all 3 procedures. I think it costed all up between $4000 out of pocket to $5000, depending on how many swipes they had at the TESA each time.
    I had a look at a few clinics and assuming they include the same things in their basic charge, they were all charging around the $7200 mark for ivf with ICIS. I have been rather sad to find that to use a donor there is a much greater charge with $1500 for coordination and $7200 for the donors procedure as well as $1800 for the recipients transfer. I can understand some extra costs, but it seems a lot more than necessary to me. If it works though it will be much cheaper than multiple rounds that may be necessary for me with my own eggs. Sigh..

Lovely day today. Just waiting til Thursday and for a change not nervously wishing time would hurry up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lovely ladies,

sorry I have bben missing in action a bit lately! Just a quick post from me before I head off to work, I will catch up with everyone's news later in the day!

Well BT is tomorrow, I' pretty sure it's BFN number 5. I had some brown spotting on Saturday, that was day 12 Post ovulation, it didn't last long and wouldn't have been the start of my period as all the drugs I swallow, stick on and insert stop my period from coming anyway. I think I will ring the clinic this morning and see what they say.

I hope you all have a great day, Goldy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sooz best of luck for today I hope you get fantastic numbers.

Micca good luck for tomorrow's scan - I am sure it weill be a nice strong heartbeat.

Goldy I hope you are wrong and tomorrow's BT brings with a surprise BFP.

To all the other lovely ladies on this thread

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lovely Ladies,

Sorry have been missing in action for a while... been mega busy with work ect, ect..

You have all been sooo busy here as well....haven't caught up with everyone but I am just over the moon for Micca and Sooz.....OMG....so happy, hope I haven't missed anyone elses fabulous news.

I will try to catch up with where everyone is at in the next couple of days.

AFM, Had the cyst or most of it out on Friday...turned out to be a very difficult lap....Long and short, I am a total mess and if and when FS has to go back it will be a total Hysterectomy.......

We are hoping that i can cycle again but egg retrieval will be through a laporoscopy , ANYONE else had to do it like this?????...
    Turns out Right ovary dead from being strangled by endo....left ovary which has no tube, had been pushed very high up with bowel wrapped around and over it with uretha twisted underneath......uteris is as hard as a rock and full of adenomyosis....eeeeep....
    FS said we can still try through left ovary.....wait and see....go to see her end of this week..will get a clearer view of when can cycle and how..

Take care all and I hope i can catch up with hwere you are all at

xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cillile - You are sooooo lucky that you have a younger sister that is even considering donating eggs to you. It is a HUGE ask, even for a sister and everyone should know it. I wish I had that option available to me but I would still be scared to ask.

Sooz07 - I hope your BT today confirms the great news

Micca - I'm glad things are slowly starting to sink in

Lillybird - I presume you will have had ET by now. I hope you got a few frosties as well.

Goldy - I hope you were wrong and your results today are good

Deelicious - Good luck with your EPU

Sorry to anyone else I have missed

AFM - I had a nice relaxing w/e in Tassie with my folks and forgot all about my tww as they don't know. Only one more week to go to BT and I have decided that I won't POAS before that (that might change yet!!).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone
    Just checking in quickly to see if there's any nooz from sooz .... good luck girl !

cillile and lilly -- For our payments, we paid approx $5400 up front, the clinic says we should expect to be out of pocket for $1400 or thereabouts - I won't know until transfer is finalised but Westmead where we are is known to be a little cheaper than the rest.

otgirl - grrr, 2ww sounds so hard, keep relaxing until your BT (don't you wish you had a time machine ??)

Pippy- good luck with next move, fingers crossed you can reach the leftie okay and have successful epu - boy, you have been through alot. Try to do your best to relax and get over your lap.

goldy - I hope you're wrong too and you get a BFP

sunny, good luck with your appt today, hope you can get the cyst out quick and get on with the next phase.

to all the other amazing women here.

AFM, my transfer is tomorrow now. As of Saturday, I had 10 embies all grade 2, 4 cells, so we decided to go to blastocyst stage. They texted me yesterday to say they're growing nicely so hoping one jumps up and says pick me. So, hopefully as of tomorrow I'll be entering the dreaded 2ww for the first time. Also having accupuncture today and tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pippy, you have been through so much, I really feel for you, I know how awful endo is, have had it since I was a teenager and the damn stuff just keeps coming back grrrr

I haven't heard of doing EPU through a lap but maybe someone else on the forum knows about this.

I too only have one ovary thanks to endo and have had my bowel twisted around everything and everything all topsy turvy - I know it is awful, am thinking of you and I hope you can start things moving toward your next cycle soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lovely ladies,

I'm typing at lightening speed before my boss gets back from grabbing a coffee, so sorry to be short, but it's a very sweet message I type.

I'm absolutley over the moon. . I am officially pregnant!!!!

Wooohooo, yipeeee, hooooraayyy, yahoooeee. I can't help but be excited. I know I have a long way to go, but I'm living in the moment, and feels pretty damn good.

HCG was tested at 283 which the nurse said was very good, a nice strong positive and Progestrone was 455 which she said was also good. Ultrasound needs to be scheduled for July 20 and it's my birthday July 21, so if I'm really lucky, I might hear the sound of a little heartbeat as my birthday present.

Please join me up here on cloud nine everyone. I so want some of my luck to rub off on you all.

Lots of big hugs , Sooz xxxooo