Closed Thread
Page 29 of 78 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone,

Cillile - congrats on being PUPO

Jen42 - hang in there, you've still got some chances left.... you often get your wishes when you least expect it...

Sunny15 - wow, you're miss organised! Only thing I can add is chinese herbs in addition to the acupuncture - I swear it helped me get pregnant last time... I'll be interested to here if you do the prednisone/antibiotics too??

AndyGee - ... Oooohhhhmmmmm

TRH - wonderful result - 8 eggs and now so many options. Surely you won't have to go through that ever again?? Good luck tommorrow with the sticky jam sandwich

AFM - I have all my scripts from the GP for prednisone, antibiotics. I was surprised he didn't mind - has left it up to me but lots of warnings for the pred.... ummmm, still researching....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Roll Call 22nd sept

Limbo Land

Waiting for AF
    hoping4more
    Mum4nay
    Lilly40

Sunny15
    OTgirl

Pill Popping

Sniffing

Jabbing
    Jen42

EPU

ET
    Tryingreallyhard

FET

TWW
    Andygee
    Cillile

Hugs needed
    Everyone doing it !!! cause you are all amazing strong superwomen

Graduates!
    Minibar - due date 11/11/2010
    Sooz07 - due date 11/03/11
    Micca - EDD 25 feb 2011...a little girl
    Anxious - due date 02/11/10

I tried to get everyone right - sorry if I didn't, or if I missed anyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooz - great news on your scan. Glad all is going well.

Louloulabelle - welcome and good luck with your first cycle.

Andygee and Cillile - hope you are both chilling out during you TWW.

Jen42 - Still busy jabbing? When is EPU?

Sunny - good luck with your cycle in October. Looks like I will be joining you.

Lilbirdy, mum4nay - good luck with your next cycle.

Tryingreallyhard - good luck for ET - when is it booked for?

Hi to everyone else.

AFM - saw the FS today. Have script for DHEA but no use for this cycle. He says if I want to try again after this cycle if unsuccessful, then I can start on the DHEA and then wait 4 months. Not sure about this given the ticking of the clock!! He asked again about donor eggs - still giving this some thought but don't know anybody and therefore would have to find a stranger. So, waiting for AF to start jabbing again.

tryingreallyhard is offline Waiting for our little prince or princess.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Otgirl - my ET is tomorrow at 12.30. I can't wait!!

I called the embryologist today and out of the 8 that fertilised we got the following grading of the embies - 5 are 4 cell with 3 of those were grade 2+ and 2 of 2- so pretty great I think. The other 3 are only 3 cell and 2 cell so I assume that they wont be any good. So all in all a pretty good result. We're going to put back 3 embies 2 of the best and 1 of the 2- coz the FS said a 2- can still make a baby. Then we'll have 1 little frostie if needed.

Good luck to everyone on the TWW. I'll be joining you soon

TRH

Thanks
    Reviews
    TRH - Im sure you wont need it, but good luck for tomorrow. Will be thinking of you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies! It's been busy in here, love it!

Tryingreallyhard - good luck for ET tomorrow. That's great fertilisation rates! So excited you can put back 3.

Otgirl - here's to AF arriving! Fingers crossed that you won't need the DHEA as this cycle will be the one. I am interested to see if it has done anything to the quality of my eggs.

Mum4nay - good on you for getting the scripts. Can I ask why he would be worried about the prednisone? I haven't really done much research into it.

Sooz07 - congratulations. It's wonderful to hear success stories. Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.

Lilbirdy - how's the jabbing going?

AndyGee - ooommm, I'll do some for you. Hope you are chilling and getting through the TWW.

Sunny15 - you are amazing!! I am impressed, I wish I was as thorough as you are. I think the Colorado protocol is worth trying! I haven't heard anything bad, lots of women swear it is what helped them.

Cillile - how are you? Hope you are relaxing and enjoying being PUPO.

to everyone else.

AFM - thank you for all your kind posts. I picked myself up and gave myself a good talking to! Funny though, I had to go for another B/T yesterday (even though I had one the day before) and then another scan today and the FS said "oh, there's another 2 follicles there". So I have 4 good size ones and 2 smallish ones, a total of 6. Made me feel much better. EPU on Friday, and if we make it ET next Wednesday. Fingers crossed.

It's great that it is busy in here and we can all support each other.

Have a good night.
    Jen

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all. My my it has gotten busy on here. Lovely to see.
    I'm just hanging in my 2ww. It is easier this time probably than in any of the other 2wws. I think this is most probably because now it has become pretty clear that there is no where to go with our own gametes. It doesn't seem worth doing it again even with another egg donor now as the sperm quality has declined so much. If this one works it will be absolutely fantastic, but if it doesn't we are done (except hanging on the donor embryo list for a bit).

I have been thinking a bit about the stats the clinic gave us on donor embryos. They said only about 10% of the clients they have with surplus embryos that no longer want them stored donate these. The other 90% prefer that the embryos surcumb (ie they just defrost them and toss). Having been asked whether we'd ondonate extra embryos (we did think we'd have heaps with a 28 year old donor and but for naughty sperm we might have had), none of us three were at all hesitant to do this, so I was wondering if anyone else can explain the 90%. What is it about donating excess embryos is putting people off doing this? They are precious little things that cost heaps of $s to make and there is certainly a demand. I'm at a bit of a loss. I have heard in some countries eg Spain and ? Italy, there is actually a glut (too many embies that they try to find recipients for). What would your reservations be if it was you?
    Last edited by cillile; 23-09-2010 at 10:18.

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI!

Cillile - ummm, a sticky question. I've known of a few girls that fall into your 90% catagory and would rather flush embryos down the loo than see them used and I've had this discussion with them. In short, they feel that it is still their baby genetically, spiritually and emotionally.. and to give it away, would be disturbing for them ie. are they happy, loved, why did I 'their real mum' abandon them etc etc. I can understand both sides, not sure what I would want to do in their predicament?? I'm sure my husband would refuse to give them away for much the same reason - he's quite against the whole donor issue. Interesting about spain/italy - maybe just go there??????? would be a lovely holiday

Jen42 - I think all doctors consider any type of steriod to be a serious drug with serious side effects - I remember my brother having a hard time getting them for his dying dog because of concern re side effects!!!!!!! GP gave me a 10 page summary re all the side effects - pysch disorders, osteoporosis/hip fractures requiring THR!!, skin prob's, muscle weakness, prone to infections of any type, dependance on it (can't produce your own naturally occuring cortisol after completion), .... and the list goes on... also huge warnings to tell your doctor if you become pregnant caught my eye - but it's safe in pregnancy (I checked). Basically, I've come to the conclusion for a fit healthy person to take it in the short term is ok (just avoid sick people). HE's given me a week's worth 25mg + another 5mg script to help with ramping down at the end.
    TRH - I figure you've got 3 on board by this time... v. exciting for you. Hope the next 2 weeks flys by for you with good news at the end!

AFM - just found out my friend is having 1 girl/1boy IVF twins!! She's 5 months preg. Usually I'm a bit twinaphobic, but I can see the miracle here

Thanks
    Reviews

Thumbs up insane in the membrane!

pop.pop.jab.slide.... pop.pop.jab.slide....
    pop.pop.jab.slide - twinge - sore boobs.... sigh!

yes it's official i'm insane!

Otgirl - time, time, time... i hate it ticking away always against us! I rebel!! I guess you've thought of listing for ED's as a back stop? Are u sure there's no-one in your hood that could ED for you?

Sooz07 - awesome re scan! Kate Stern is my FS - she's a good egg! She's a straight shooter too, which i prefer from the pussy footing around...
    Sooz thru the 2ww for you was there any time thru sensations you thought you were preg? or did it come as a surprise at your BT?

Sunny15 - your SPV's loopy? Never - you sound like a child of the universe and i like your willingness to share the love x

Mum4Nay - we are going to have to start calling you 'Doc' - what a wealth of info you are....
    more more more - we can never get enough!!

Jen42 - go go go for EPU and ET next week xxx
    and for your ET too TRH - big love to both of you!!!!!

Cillile - are you chillin thru your 2ww or going INSANE like me??? i was interested in your question re donor embies - it's such a personal things isn't it - and so many people are so black and white about it - from my POV and having now gone thru ivf and into donor egg cycle, i wouldn't hesitate to donate my remaining embies... i think we all think at first there's no way we'll cycle thru our hauls until there's nothing left, but we do... more often than we'd like... so if i'm blessed enough to secure a BFP thru my ED i'd be sharing the love as far as i could....

AFM - well well well, it's day 5 post ET and i can honestly say i don't have a clue - strange feelings all the time... trying to keep busy and just ticking off the days until BT
    xxx for everyone xxx

tryingreallyhard is offline Waiting for our little prince or princess.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Jen42 - so glad there are an extra 2 follies. That really is great news.

Cellile - for us it's my DH who wouldnt be keen to donate. As someone else said he feels like it would be his child somewhere out there in the world and he would in all likelihood never see that child or know that it had been brought up right and had a good life.

Mum4nay - I would be ecstatic if we got twins and given that there are now 3 little embies on board I have my fingers and everything else crossed

AFM - had 3 transferred today. 2 had reached morula stage already and the other was a 7 cell 2- grading. So all in all very happy and excited. Had accupuncture afterwards which was heaven. Have to call the embryologist on Saturday to see if my other little embie made it to the freezer. Have been kicking back today with Valium on board (thanks Dr Wazza).

TRH