ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 28 of 78 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Micca and Jen42 - Oh man, you guys are so proactive!! I'm terrifed to sway from the regular protocol without FS approving.... but if you're sure there's no harm??? ... very exciting
    Congrat's on being pregnant Micca!

Andygee - PUPO lady eating toy soldiers !! I like it. Still laughing re the jam sandwich... I'll think of that for my next ET

Cillile - ooohh, exciting FET tomorrow - hope it's a sticky little one for you

Thanks
    Reviews

Default FET done and dusted

Hi all. Thanks for the good wishes. FET of our last (donor egg) embryo done. We will now just cross our fingers and wait out the two weeks. Embie was in good form for a D3 so cant wish for much more at this stage.
    Pregnol and pessary progesterone support this time.
    Off for tea and bickies.
    Take care

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cillile - Yay to being PUPO. Sending you lots of . Rest up, relax and enjoy the TWW. I know, easier said than done!

LouLouLaBelle - good luck for your scan on Thursday. Hope the cyst goes away and your can start.

Mum4nay - to be honest, it is my FS that has suggested it all to me. He is great, looks at every option and happy to try anything.

Andygee - how are you feeling today?

Tryingreallyhard - did you have EPU today? How are you feeling?

AFM - I had my scan today, only 3 maybe 4 follicles. I normally get 6 - 8, and usually end up with 6 eggs. Out of the 4, one is ready but the other three aren't, so we may lose the big one while we wait for the others to catch up. Feeling really sad today, I know it only takes one, but just feeling like nothing is going our way. I asked the FS why I would have less, and he responded "your age". It is not my normal FS as he is away this week. I have one on ice so I guess if I can get one of out this cycle, then I will use my frostie. I truly feel this will be my last cycle so I am really hoping that this is the one. Trying to be positive, but as you ladies know, it is hard sometimes.

Sorry about my rant .

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Jen

Thanks
    Reviews
    Apologies for my delayed posting….I have been really busy of late…..I have been reading everyone’s news but haven’t found the time to sit down and post a reply, so I hope I don’t stuff up and get any news incorrect (sorry if I do). Welcome to all the newbies……this thread is a wealth of information.

Cillile – I hope this embie is the sticky one. Good luck and sending you much positive sticky vibes. Hope the TWW doesn’t send you too much round the bend. Settle in with tea and bickies and don’t forget bribing the little one worked for Micca! And most importantly……congratulations on being PUPO.

Soclose – How are you going? Where are you up to on this crazy IVF train?

Otgirl – One more sleep to FS appointment. Let us know how you go.

Micca – Happy belated birthday pregnant lady. Are you finally enjoying your pregnancy…..its so good to see your updated signature block! I keep meaning to ask you how is your mother….I think she went through a previous cycle with you, didn’t she……is she super excited?

Hoping4more – So sorry to hear about your cancelled cycle….you must be so disappointed. to you. I hope your FS has a plan or new plan for you.

AndyGee – Great news on your fert rate and quality…..you must be extremely happy with that. I think ‘jam sandwich’ is here to stay – I too will be thinking of it for my next ET. When is your blood test? Congratulations too on being PUPO, sending you lots of positive sticky vibes and the TWW treats you well.

Jen42 – Keep your chin up (I know, easier said than done)….you may not lose the big one...I was told that and my big one still produced…..try to stay positive, it can only help. Did you get a date for EPU? Its horrible for us to be told that its ‘our age’….Im 45 and I hate hearing it but Im going to proof them wrong one day!!!

LouLouLaBelle – Welcome. Yes, this IVF journey is a stressful one…..I hope your stay here is short and you get a BFP quickly. This thread is incredibly supportive……everyone has experienced extreme highs and lows, and the girls so understand the stress and worry of being a 40+ IVFer. Good luck for your first cyle and I hope the cyst behaves itself.

Minibar – Not long now…..are you counting down the ‘sleeps’ yet?

Sooz07 – How are you? How is your pregnancy going?

TryingReallyHard – 16 follies is a great count – congratulations. How did EPU go? Keep us informed. I am in Qld as well and my FS has told me that by law only 3 embies can be put back…..I was pretty glad about that and told FS that I was thankful that he was not going to make me Australia’s Octomum!!! lol.

Mum4Nay – Welcome. It can be a little intimidating asking questions or challenging your FS, however, I do also think that they like or even prefer being challenged. I also think that it gives you a sense of being a little in control in an otherwise ‘uncontrollable’ situation…..does that make sense??!!

Lilly40 – How are you? Where are you on this journey?

Deeelicious, PennyPC, Lilbirdy, KittyM and Pippy – Hello and hope you are well.

I am Goldy – I so wish you well and would love for you to drop us a line.

Cillile, AndyGee and TryingReallyHard – I haven’t done my subliminal positive visualisations CD for a while – I will start listening to it tonight and include your names …..last time I listened to the CD, was when both Micca and Sooz got their BFPs…..it might be a bit ‘out there’ but cant hurt!!! lol

ME
    Im back in the game…..cycling October…..woohoo!!

Stitches came out last Monday, however, I accidentally opened up one of the ?wounds/?scars the very next day…..but all good, no setbacks. FS gave me the outcome of my lap and hysteroscopy: Lap – 1. very minor endometriosis which was cleared, 2. some adhesions on my colon and a little more on my left ovary which was cleared, 3. may have some underlying adenomyosis (likely attributed to age). Hyst – 1. no uterine cyst but some ‘folds’, possibly congenital, inside my uterus, which has been cleared and 2. curette.

I am so super excited about being back in the IVF game and would love your opinions regarding my cycle preparation and protocol.

My prep for cycle will be: Provera for 4 weeks to settle things down after lap and hyst and have an ultrasound on Day 21 with a view to cycle next AF. I will also have my 2nd Growth Hormone injection on Day 21 (my 1st injection was in June – 2 days before FS discovered ?uterine cyst). I will have a total of 5 Growth Hormone injections (including the one in June) leading up to next cycle….FS says that the June injection is not wasted and is still beneficial. I will have been on DHEA for approx. 4 months when I next cycle. I will resume my weekly acupuncture sessions which I have been doing since May and also following the basic principles of acupuncture of not eating and drinking anything too hot or too cold, keeping my lower back warm and not letting the souls of my feet get chilled. I am also taking a daily pregnancy multivitamin, 4 x 150mg CoQ10, 4 x 1000mg Fish Oil and 1 x 10ml liquid Royal Jelly. DP is on 1 x 500mg spirulina, 1 x menevit, 4 x 150mg CoQ10 and 4 x 1000mg Fish Oil. Both DP and myself take the ‘odd’ 1 x 20ml Acai Berry Juice and a palmful of Chia seeds for their high anti-oxidant levels. I would also like to give DP Zinc, however, I have read that Zinc supplementation needs to be carefully monitored as immune function can be impaired if doses are too high……will a normal Zinc supplement be too much given everything else (especially the menevit multivitamin) he is taking and a healthy Zinc diet of meat, chicken and eggs?

I need to double check my protocol, but I believe it will be: initial doses of Gonal F will increase to 450 and possibly more, 4 x Orgalutran and then the trigger of Pregnyl. I asked my FS about implantation support for my next cycle and he said that my protocol would not change from my first (and only) cycle, which was Cardiprin (taken day after EPU until blood test), Pregnyl injection/s post ET (not sure how many) and progesterone pesseries 3 x a day. However, due to all the talk on this thread of Prednisone and antibiotics, I am now starting to think that maybe I should challenge my FS regarding my implantation support. What does everyone think?.....all suggestions welcome.

Im so sorry if this is long winded, however, I value the opinions from my fellow IVFers.

Cheers

PS: I have also put my name on the donor egg list…..going to keep trying with both my own eggs and donated eggs whilst I still can……need to know that when it is all over for me, that I have left no stone unturned (in the words of PennyPC). I was told by my FS that depending on how I react to my next cycle, it may be the last he will advise with my own eggs……have I got news for him!!!! I kinda think that whilst Im still ovulating, there is still a chance…..I know that finance comes into it, but whilst I can, I will keep trying with my own and donor eggs.
    Last edited by Sunny15; 20-09-2010 at 19:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Roll Call 20th sept

Limbo Land
    Otgirl

Waiting for AF
    hoping4more
    Mum4nay
    Lilly40 New protocal Antagonist starting soon

Sunny15

Pill Popping

Sniffing

Jabbing
    Jen42

EPU
    Andygees Donor Cycle Wed 15/09 10 lovely eggs

ET
    andygee sat sept 18th

FET
    Cilliles Little Last Embie (maybe Fri 17/09)

TWW

Hugs needed
    Everyone doing it !!! cause you are all amazing strong superwomen

Graduates!
    Minibar - due date 11/11/2010
    Sooz07 - due date 11/03/11
    Micca - EDD 25 feb 2011...a little girl
    Anxious - due date 02/11/10

Thanks
    Reviews

Smile oooommmmmmmm!

that's me trying to be zen!
    Daily meditation and the life of a monk thru the 2ww...... oooooommmmmmmmmm!

hope everyone is great this week....

Cillie - roll on girl; chill out and only positive thoughts for you xxx

Jen42 - you are a soldier and you are so right on the ups and downs; it's really really hard not to be cynical when you've been in the ivf train for a few trips around the course.... xxx for you.

Sunny15 - you are rip roaring ready to roll; my eyes nearly popped out of their rims reading your list of preparedness.... that's what i love about this thread, all of us are doing completely different things, with completely different issues in the pursuit of that baby....
    you can send me as many SPV's as you can muster.... get that CD on and vibrate away... lol i love your attitude!

AFM - sore (.) (.) and lots of twinges, but i put that down to the pessies..... jeez l dunno, i'm just going along fighting hard to push all those negative thoughts away.... popping and jabbing keeps me focused... daily meditation and the life of a monk.... ooooommmmmmm!
    (i'm in the lotus position!) have a great week lovelies xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone
    I have been MIA for ages, and a bit switched off while I waited and waited and waited to start my next cycle. I missed out on a month due to clinic being 'full' and DH went for, and got, a massive new job so our lives have been crazy. Almost feel like getting back on the IVF merry-go-round will bring some normality back !! Starting stims again tomorrow on my second antagonist cycle.

So many peeps here now !! Good luck to everyone wherever you may be on your journey I'm off to catch up on who's where.

tryingreallyhard is offline Waiting for our little prince or princess.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Jen42 - You're allowed to rant and rave as much as you like. If you cant do it here where can you do it??

Sunny15 - WOW!! I thought my protocol was in depth but you put me to shame. My DH and I are both on zinc. Happy to share rest of the protocol if you're interested.

AFM - rang FN This morning. Out of 9 IVF we only got 1 fertilise and out of 9 ICSI we got 7 so 8 in total. I was so disappointed with that result. I thought with 18 that we'd get more. But, I have now had a chance to think about it and really it's a pretty good outcome. I guess we now just have to wait til tomorrow and then again on Thursday to see how they're going. Please little ones grow and grow. Still feeling sore but as the nurse said this morning I had my ovaries punctured 18 times yesterday so yes, I will be sore.

Good luck everyone
    TRH

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, a very quick post from me whilst at work - so busy.

We had our 16 week scan today and all is well with bubs. Ob said that bubs was looking great, strong heartbeat, and a bit of a wriggle and jig for us whilst on screen, but sadly not enough wriggling to be able to tell the sex today. We'll be impatiently waiting until our 20 week scan for that now thanks to our non compliant little one. But was so great to know all is still looking hunky dory. and it's so nice to finally not feel like I want to vomit all the time. My selection of food has finally become a little more varied and I actually enjoy cooking agin. Four more weeks and we will be at the half way mark.. hard to believe, but so wonderful.

Cillile & AndyGee - hang in there - I'm so hoping this is the one for you

AndyGee who who is your FS - I am in Melbourne and curious as you sound so happy with her?

tryingreallyhard that is a fantastick outcome - congratulations!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooz07 – That’s wonderful news…..congratulations that your pregnancy is travelling along nicely. Time seems to be going so quickly. Enjoy.

TryingReallyHard – That is a fantastic outcome….congratulations. So do you think it will be a Friday ET? I would love to hear your protocol…..PM me if you like.

Lilbirdy – Congratulations to your DH on the new job…well done. Great to see you are cycling again…..add your name to the roll call.

AndyGee – I did the SPV last night and will continue to do so…..sometimes I think that people think Im a bit loopy, but I will try anything….it doesn’t do any harm!! Remain Zen like and positive….the TWW is soooo hard….I reckon what hair is left after being on DHEA, gets pulled out during the TWW!! lol

Hi to everyone else.