ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 23 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girls,

Cillile, I hope your BT this morning gives you a nice surprise. for you.

Lilly40, so sorry to hear this might not the the month for you. I'm glad you're going to try another clinic. Hopefully they will have some new ideas and be a big success for you.

AndyGee, good luck with your scan tomorrow. Hope everything is ready for you to start popping. I'm glad I didn't get the crying symptom from Synarel. I would have been a blubbering mess all the time. lol.

Otgirl, counting down till BT. Only 4 more sleeps now. Good luck.

Micca, 15 weeks, I can't believe it. It seems to have gone so fast. Hope your amnio test has gone well today. When do you get the results of that??

Hey to everyone else.

Started jabbing last night and all went well. Hope I can do it again tonight without any dramas.

Can't remember if some of you girls have had, or are having, two put back at ET. If you have spoken to your FS about it, what did they say about the risks of twins?? I haven't spoken to mine and he said they'll only put one back but you can sign a waver to take the responsibility off them, if you want two put back. I am all good with the chance of having twins but I'm wondering about the health risks that they warn you about. I'm on blood pressure medication and one of my kidneys are a little damaged and it doesn't work properly but overall function levels are normal. I'm aware of high blood pressure and pre-eclampsia which are a normal risk for anyone anyway. Hrmmm, don't know....

Hope you all have a great day.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Day 15/15

Otgirl - good luck for a positive cycle. I hope the stomach cramps end up meaning something good is happening, but it is really impossible to know.

Our result today confirmed our POAS. It is a negative for us this time. That leaves our one embryo in the freezer. We plan to use it and see how it goes. While we might leave our names on the donor embryo list for 6 months, I think this frostie will be the last of ivf for us. With both sperm and eggs looking dud now and we would have to get further into debit to continue. I think time is getting away from us too.

I'm sad, but we have one last chance and it is easier to deal with the BFN knowing that than after our other cycles where we didn't have any further plans.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cillile - sorry to hear your news confirmed but at least you have a plan. I hope that is the one that gives you the BFP.

Hoping4more - my FS told me that he strongly recommended against more than one embie being transferred due to my age (43 at the time) due to the risks. I have only had one transferred each time and would not consider two. My girlfriend had natural twins at 38 with pre-eclampsia which resulted in her being induced at 26 weeks. She now has two healthy 8 year olds next week but it was touch and go for 3 months, particularly for the smaller one and she and her husband went through hell with two babies at two different hospitals for one month (due to beds, they almost transferred one interstate). I would prefer not to have a child at all than lose one after it was born so I have made the choice only to have one embie transfered at a time. I know many others have differing opinions to this but having seen what my girlfriend went through I would do anything to avoid it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hoping4more, good luck with jabbing. We had 2 embies put back and ended up with only one sticking. It’s a very personal decision, but I was prepared to take the risk due to my age. I wanted to enhance my chances as much as possible.

Lillly, so sorry it was a BFN for you this time. Hang in there and I hope your new clinic gets it right for you. It will happen for you. Big hugs

Cillile, sorry it was a BFN for you too. I’m so hoping your little frozen embie will be the lucky one for you.

SoClose, jabbing in 2 weeks yay, finally!!!

AndyGee, yay for not giving up. I have everything crossed for you for some special magic in September

Otgirl, only 2 more sleeps...almost there.

Hugs to all Sooz xo

Thanks
    Reviews

Default One or two - the great debate

Hi Hoping,
    Our clinic's standard procedure seems to be for over 35s to recommend 2 embies for transfer and for over 40s our FS recommended the more the better up to 3. He says he has never seen a multiple pregnancy in over 40s using their own eggs. When the eggs are donor eggs they go back to just 2 or one. We tried 2 and 3 embies with our own eggs rather than risk the remainder to the freeze thaw process.
    A singleton pregnancy is much safer for both the baby and mother. When I was 38 and used two embies, we were also offered the option of a fetal reduction if 2 embies did take. I can't imagine having taken that up if twins had ever resulted.
    Obviously your health and babies' health is paramount, but it does seem that the risk of multiples for over 40s must be very low (our FS has very high client numbers in a large clinic practice, so if he has never seen it happen, it must be very rare indeed).
    Good luck,
    Cillile

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies,

Haven't posted much lately but I do read and keep track of how everyone is going.

To all struggling with BFN's to all of you. Stay strong and be kind to yourselves.

To all those jabbing good luck I hope things go smoothly and this is the time for all of you.

Sooz great news on the NT scan - I hope things keep going smoothly and you enjoy the rest of it.

Micca, hope the amnio went well and you get a great result.

AFM, I am now 30 weeks and have had another scan and everything is perfect - placenta previa has disappeared, bubs kidneys are now functioning normally and she is no longer breach - so all going good - 10 weeks to go nearly into single digits.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi everyone...
    cililie..sorry to have your BFN confirmed today... I hope you are able to enjoy a lovely bottle of wine and some chocolate snuggled in DH arms tonight.... BIG HUGS...xxxxxx
    I love that you are thinking forward..who knows that frostie might be the one...a lot of women do better with the fets as they dont have the high hormone levels muckng around with everything that you get on a fresh cycle.... great that you will go to the donor list... maybe talk to PennyPC as she as done the australia donor thing and is gearing up to cycle in the next month....

hoping... I looked at numerous papers on the twin rate in older women and basically it is very rare to get twins in the over 40's due to the poor quality of our egg chromosomes where often only one will make it to blast.
    My clinic would transfer 3 x day3 embies or 2 blasts to the over 40s... and They have a low twin rate.
    my next FET I will do 3 x day 3 embies... so I would not worry too much...good luck with your cycle...yay for the stabbin n jabbin...

OT girl.... hang in there we are all pacing the room like expectant fathers awaiting your results

andygee... good luck with your scan I hope it went ok and you are able to start the jabbin of your cycle..so exciting, enjoy melbourne... my favourite city...

Lilly
    ... yay for a new clinic and a breath of fresh air...lets hope they have an aggressive postive plan for you so we can be cheering at your future BFP...

minibar
    ...great to hear from you..wow 30 weeks. Im so glad to hear that everything is going so well for you.. fingers crossed for a great delivery.

the amnio went well yesterday, Bob did not want to get out of the way so we had to coax it out... but it went well the needle was only tender for about 2 sec and then..ok so those of you whom are thinking amnio if they get preggers its certainly no where near as bad as it sounds.
    I got to see bob and the sonographer had a look at the sex and said it was a girl..!!! so I am waiting for the results to be confirmed maybe today otherwise monday... Im hoping all the chromosomes are good...it was certainly nice to see and super active baby which is a good sign in its self...
    So Im exhausted today..a few nana naps and a quiet tv day.. planning to tell my secret to work on monday post amnio results if they are all good...

time for a cuppa... maybe a snack...lol..
    I hope everyone has a great weekend and can leave the IVF life in the closet for a day or 2....
    xxxxxxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow there is so much activity on this thread now…..welcome to the newbies…this is a wonderful thread to learn, share, vent and celebrate. Hope your stay on this thread is a short one.

Big hugs to Lilly and Cililie…..I hope you are over the worst part of your disappointment and sadness and you spoilt yourself rotten. Its good to see you both have further direction and fingers crossed that your next cycle will be the one.

Congratulations to Micca, Sooz, Kitty and Minibar on reaching each and every little milestone with your precious little bundles…..I am so determined to be like you ladies one day.

I have everything crossed for you Otgirl for tomorrow….I so hope you get your BFP.

To everyone else, I hope you are all well on your IVF journey.

AFM
    ONE MORE SLEEP TO GO. It has been a long time, but I finally go in tomorrow for my laparoscopy and hysteroscopy to remove my uterine cyst. I cant wait, as it means I am just that bit closer to cycling again and I can join you ladies. It feels like such a long time…..the last or should I say the only time I cycled was April and have had to put up with my pesky cyst since…..Soclose - I can certainly understand your frustration on having to wait and keep waiting.

I have put my name down on the donor egg list at my clinic and I have also put my name down on the donor embryo list as well. DP is not as keen with the donor embryo idea, however, it is the first time we have spoken about it, so it is all so new to him. We have always talked about the donor egg thing given my age, so he is more used to the idea, but in the meantime I am going to keep cycling with my own eggs.

Anyway, hope everyone is having a lovely weekend…..next time I will be on Bub Hub I will be cystless…..YAY!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning ladies hope everyone had a good weekend

Quick post this morning to wish Otgirl good luck with BT tody X

Chillie hope you are feeling ok and spoilt yourself on the weekend X

Micca great news on the results X

Soclose yay for cycling wishing you lots of lovely folicles

Sunny Good luck I hope there is some positive news for you after your op X

AndyG, Minibar, Hopeing thinking of you all X

Well what a weekend got the call from the nurse friday to confirm what I already new the BFN which I was prepared for what I wasnt was her comment to me that we have tried everything not sure what else we can do for you good luck for the future WTF dose that mean there is lots still to be done talk about shoot a girl while she is down. Got my period yesterday the worst ever sick all day and still feeling like crap today. Have my appointment with new FS next Monday so hoping for some new information or possible alternative to reach my dream.

Good luck to everyone today who are waiting for results having ops/scans and cycling thinking of you all XOX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the kind thoughts but unfortunately it was another BFN for me. Back to see FS in 2.5 weeks and probably one more cycle with my own eggs and then, who knows.

Sunny - I hope all went well today (as I am sure it did) and you will be cycling again in no time.

AndyGee - I hope your scan went well and you are ready to go!

Micca - good luck with the results today (I am sure they will be fine). It must be exciting to be telling people finally.

Lilly40 - Good luck with your appt next week with your new FS.

Minibar - Wow 30 weeks. Thats amazing. I am sure the last 10 will pass in no time.

Hi to everyone else.