Closed Thread
Page 21 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies....

Can i join this thread?? I'm also over 40 and ttc and this seems likes such great support!

My story is in the last 18 months ive had two natural pregnancies which both miscarried at exactly 8.5 weeks. Then was recommended IVF straight away and have now had two failed cycles...low responder and eggs dont fertilize.

Will do another cycle but this time considering taking DHEA..just wondering if anyone else is taking this or has any views on it? Doing acupuncture and looking at all alternative measures for a change. Can anyone recommend anything else?

Thanks Ladies..will read past posts to see where you are all at...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everyone,

Jen42, how frustrating. I really hope that they sort things out and figure out what's going on. I'll be keeping everything for you and hoping that the time goes quickly and your appointment comes around soon.

Lilly40, I'm sorry to hear that your remaining embies weren't ok to freeze. I am very happy, tho, to hear that you have two little ones travelling around with you and I so hope they are behaving and snuggling in like they are supposed to. Sending you heaps of good and to make sure they do what they are told. I'll be everything that this is the time for you.

Micca, you exhaust me just reading about everything you get up to in your day. When are you going to start taking it easy and not working so hard. lol, I'm sure you hear that from many of us. Hope you are feeling well and little BoB is coming along nicely.

Pippy, will be thinking of you tomorrow. Hope your results are a big surprise and I will be sending you good that everything will be ok. Good luck.

Sooz07, how you feeling?? Hope everything is growing well. Not long til scan on Tuesday. How exciting. Will be looking forward to hearing the update after your scan.

Mortelle, welcome to the thread. I haven’t experienced the problems you’ve had but I know that many of the girls on this site have. You’ll get heaps of support on here. Hope everything ends up working out for you.

Hi cillile, AndyGee, otgirl, gardenia2 and to everyone else. Sorry if I missed you.

AFM, I took my last pill today so I'm just sniffing for a bit now. I have my BT on Tuesday and should be picking up and starting my injections then. I’m supposed to be having EPU around the 13th,14th or 15th of Sept, so the plan says. I guess we’ll see soon enough.
    I haven’t really had any side effects from the Synarel, that I can tell. I have had a couple of less tolerant moments but it wasn’t anything more than normal PMS type annoyance. If I’m on day 5, can symptoms still come along or would I have them if I was going to get them?
    I have a chesty cough which is making my chest tight and breathing a bit uncomfortable. I’m hoping nothing more comes of it. Do they still do EPU if you have a bit of a cold/cough??

Hope you're all good. Have a good night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning ladies wow this thread keeps growing every week what great support

Mortell - welcome I have never done DHEA as my Dr will not prescribe it for me even through I ask about it at every visit, but some of the ladies on this thread will be able to give you advice.

Otgirl - How did the transfer go hopefully all snuggling in now as we speak. Did you do a day three or a blast transfer fingers crossed X and welcome to the TWW

Chillie - How are you doing on the insaine train hopefully you are hanging in there ok not long for you now until the BT this is the worst part as its totally out of our hands I will say alittle prayer for all of us tonight XOX

AndyGee - hope you are hanging in there ok when do you start your cycle

Jen42 - you are a strong lady hang in there and try to keep busy until your appointment date for your MRI

Micca - how are you have you slowed down for a rest yet?

Pippy - Good luck for today hopefully you have some good news to share with us next time you pop in

Hoping4more - not long now once you start the injections time will fly by hopefully you great some great follicles.

Gardina and Sooz hope you are both doing well and to all the other ladies

Well just been kicking back realaxing the past couple of days not much news from me in on day 4 of the TWW and day 9 after ovulation. Still along way to go until BT! I have told my furbaby she is going to have to share her mummy and she didnt look to pleased as I was telling her had some bad cramping yesterday like period cramps hopefully its just from the progesterone and nothing more than that. Im on crinone in the morning and 200mg of prgesterone pessaries at night. Trying to keep positive. DH wants a whole new approach from the dr if this dosent work and is saying he wants to go to a new clinic which could mean even more months with delays etc. Have told him lets just focus on the two weeks and decide the next plan of attack once we know what we are dealing with. I sometimes forget how hard it is also on our partners and how much they invest their emotions as well.

To all the lovely ladies hope you have a fantastic weekend XOXOX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilly, have everything crossed for you hoping the cramping you are experiencing is implantation. I remember feeling cramping about the same time after transfer. I hope it's your little ones snuggling in.

tryingreallyhard is offline Waiting for our little prince or princess.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All

New to this thread but seeing as I'm over 40 I thought I might fit in quite well.

On the OCP and sniffing synarel at the moment getting ready for our first IVF cycle. Not the nicest taste but all for a good cause. Waiting on AF which should hopefully come this Sunday then start the FSH on CD6. Then I'm hoping everything goes well and we go to EPU on or around the 20th of September. Im getting really excited.

Looking forward to sharing the journey.

TRH

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey TRH, welcome to the over 40 thread. I'm sure you'll love it here. The girls are great.

Lilly40, hope everything is going well. I remember my first pregnancy, a long time ago, and I had pains like I was getting AF and when the doc said I might be pregnant, I told him I couldn't be because I was having the early AF pains. He called them 'settling pains' and he was right. I really hope that's the case for you too. Looking forward to hearing how you're going.

Hi to everyone else. It's been a bit quiet on here lately. Hope you're all going well.

I thought I was doing well on the Synarel and hadn't had any tears or bad moods or anything. A little less tolerance, like normal PMS time, but nothing other than that. The last few days, though, I've been doing my head in. I have all of these random, irrational thoughts bothering me and I'm trying really hard to ignore them. I made a mental note, before I started sniffing, to not take any notice of how I felt or what I thought of any situations whilst taking the spray. I knew how I felt about everything beforehand so I had to keep that in mind and ignore the silly things that might take over for a while. Well, I am keeping that in mind and working very hard to counsel myself, constantly, as each silly thought comes into mind. I'm doubting nearly every decision that we have made about our future recently, even though I know how I felt at the time. Things about the past, things about the future, my head is just bombarding me with all of these doubtful thoughts and it's exhausting trying to keep it all under control. And keep my emotions about it all under control.

I sound like a mental case. But that's ok because that's how I feel.

Having my BT tomorrow morning and picking up my injections to, supposedly, start tomorrow night. Now, that'll be interesting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello all, hope everyone is doing ok, stress levels are not too high and fingers crossed for some more BFP's soon.

My annual leave is coming to an end - where the hell have the last 7 weeks gone ?? Back to work tomorow and dreading it.

Sorry for my recent absence, as have been travelling and holidaying with family.

We are cruising along, and have reached 12 weeks 6 days, although nausea has been a constant factor for the last month, and it has been really difficult, trying to hide this from friends and family.

On saturday, we took our 15 year old son out for a meal, and broke the news to him. He asked a lot of questions and seemed a little shell shocked - not the reaction I wished for.

When we got home, he asked to see the scan pics and sat patiently as I tried to point everything out to him. He asked if we would be telling others soon, and we said yes, as we had waited until 12 weeks.

Off he disappeared into his bedroom, with the scan pics, and shut the door, I was devastated as thought he seemed so subdued and disheartened.

15 Mins later - our home phone rings, along with My husbands mobile and a text on my mobile. We were out on the veranda and raced in - thinking something must have happened. Turns out My darling son had put the scan photos up on facebook - under title - I'm going to be a big brother. He had messaged all his friends with the announcement - and the news had got around very fast indeed.

We have had phone calls and messages from all over. Great gramps at 94 even got the news.

So everything is good - all family, and our son, are delighted. Pregnancy going well - both bubs doing great.

x x x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kittym - Trust a 15 year old to get the news out! I am so glad things are going well for you. Are you having/have you had an amnio?

Mortelle - welcome to the thread. I have not used DHEA but I am sure someone will have some info for you.

Hopingformore - Good luck with your BT tomorrow - hopefully you will be ready to start injecting.

Lilly40 - How's it going? When is your BT - is it next Monday like mine?

Cillile - Good luck with your BT - is it Wednesday. I will have everything crossed for you.

Tryingreallyhard - welcome to the thread.

Micca - good luck with the amnio on 2/9

Jen42, AndyGee - hang in there

Pippy - how are things going?

Sooz07 - good luck with your scan.

Sorry and hi to anyone I have forgotton.

AFM - I had my day 3 FET transfer last Tuesday and my BT is due next Monday. I had some serious stomach cramps earlier today (not something I have ever experienced for any reason) which freaked me out a bit but it settled down again. No idea what that was about. Not too stressed yet but give it a few days and I will be climbing the walls.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Day 12/15

Hi All,
    Welcome TRH. Good luck for your first cycle. Hopefully it will be the last. My DD was concieved on the first try Unfortunately #2 has been a bit trickier.

Kitty it was a lovely story about your son's response to telling him about your pregnancy. He is a true gen YZ. I'm so happy to hear that the pregnancy is going well (except the nausea, which hopefully will improve soon). I was so glad to hear how far and wide the news spread so quickly. Lovely the way babies spread joy.

Hoping - Wow you have described the effect of syneral so well. Thank you, thank you. I found myself ruminating endlessly on every thing. I think syneral and or other hormones and the 2ww changes the way you think, not just worrying about whether it has worked or not and whether what you are doing is going to have any effect (should I push this shopping trolley.. should I have this cup of coffee... will this extra blanket bring my body temp up.. etc), which is enough to do your head in anyway. I hope you have some support there who at least half understands. I saw a counsellor who reckoned there was no effect of the drugs and it was all about whether the result was positive or not. So not helpful.

AFM - Still waiting. I am as cranky as heck. I hate not being able to do anything to assist the result (which has already been decided by now, either an embie has or has not implanted and I feel like I'll be the last to know). My BT is due on this Thurs, but I will probably POAS before then. If I POAS and it is positive it would be such a relief. If it was negative though, it would super cranky with bells on. Being in limbo is hard, but a negative would be really hard to deal with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies hope everyone kept their sanity over the weekend

Hopingformore - please note you are not not a mental case I repeat you are not a mental case I know how you feel poor DH threatened to move out for two weeks last time as I was so bad brought up and arugued about anything and everything. Things will settle down when you start injections hang in there not long now thinking of you

Otgirl -How are you holding up with the TWW hopefully those pains were good ones Im sending you fingers crossed for you that this is your turn

Tryingreallyhard - welcome hope your stay here is short

Cillile - Good luck with your BT hopefully you have some good news to share with us soon I am crossing everything I can for you

Micca - not long now until yourlast lot of tests hopefully good luck not that you will need it

Jen42 - do you have a date for your next appointment for scan

Sooz07 - How are things travelling with you

Kitty - Im so glad things are going so well for you and for your two precious gifts and thanks to Facebook everyone knows hehe

Hi to anyone I have missed this thread keeps growing.

Well had major cramping yesterday had to sit down they were so bad. Temperture went up last night woke up in a sweat at 2am. Still got constant pain lower left hand side almost feels like its near my groin. Feel more and more like my period everyday and at 7 days past a 5day transfer things are not looking good. All the progesterone that they have me on will stop the period so no real way of knowing until BT or HPT. I have my BT on Friday and am tossing up like chillie if I should do a HPT or not its 12 days past ovulation so Im guessing by now a HPT would be pretty acurate to do. I will do one on friday for sure as I want to know before I get the phone call as I dont want to be shocked. I have made an appointment with another FS to get a second opnion as the past three times we have had great embryos with no outcome something is obviously stopping them implanting and progressing. Made this appointment so I could fell like I was doing and controlling something.

Anyway enough about me hang in there everyone on the TWW, those about to start a new cycle and those graduates you give us so much hope love to all XOX