Closed Thread
Page 12 of 78 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Kimset Congratulations how wonderful to hear of the safe arrival of you little girl

Sooz fantastic news on heartbeat

Micca well done also on making the 6month milestone thats great news

Hi to all X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry Minibar I put the wrong name thats what happens when you sneak on at work!

Congrats minibar X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooz07 View Post
    Just back from 6 week scan and apparently I'm 6weeks 3 days to be exact. I am proudly staring at our first baby photo. Admitidly it is a bit blurry and just a blob, but I am over the moon regardless.

Little one has chosen to snuggle in in the right place - PHEW!, and has a heartbeat of 140bpm which I believe is a good strong heartbeat. What an amazing sight. It was the first time I've seen the realisation of this little miracle on DHs face. He was almost in tears. It was just amazing. It was so funny, as DH was so emotional he hugged the FS as we said our goodbyes - I think she was a bit taken aback, but it was very cute.

So I can breathe a sigh. All seems to be as it should so far and yes there truly is a little human bean settling in - hopefully for the long haul.

I am just glowing.
    Aw, this imagery of your DH so amazed and hugging FS is so sweet, made me a bit teary. All the best, great news for you both.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sooz - Wonderful news that bub has settled in...congratulations. That is so cute that DH hugged the FS. I remember the look on my DP face when we saw what we thought at the time was a gestational sac (bl**dy cyst) on the ultrasound....it is priceless, isnt it?

Kismet - Congratulations on the birth of your little girl. I hope you find time soon to jump onto bubhub and share your experience.

Minibar - Wow, time is passing quickly.....maybe not quick enough for you to hold that little baby!!!

To everyone else....hi....hope everyone is well. Just a quickie from me....I dont seem to have that much time for personals these days, with both my parents visiting....however, please know that I think of you all often and hope the IVF journey is treating you right.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Minibar, congratulations – I can’t believe you’re at 24 weeks – wow! It seems like that time has flown, though possibly not for you. All the best with your scan in 2 weeks – fingers crossed for grade 3 or 2 for you. Take care and lots of relaxation for you and little one.

Kismet, just wonderful news about the arrival of your little girl. Can’t wait til you drop in and introduce us with some lovely mother/daughter stories.

Thanks everyone for all of your lovely well wishes. Birthday for me tomorrow, so have managed to wangle the day off work and will now be celebrating two fold.

Hugs Sooz xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good Evening Ladies!

I saw a new FS today - I'm spreading myself around (this will be the third clinic I've consulted in Canberra - and there's only three!).

Rather than me get to my last straws and discover I should have gone elsewhere and tried something new I'm being proactive (that's what I'm telling myself!).

I asked about DHEA and she gave me a script. My research has shown it can work for poor responders or women will low ovarian reserves.

I'm definitely a poor responder so I fit that category (although it appears I have good ovarian reserve according to BTs) - has anyone here heard anything bad about DHEA?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Deeelicious

I wasnt on DHEA on my first IVF cycle, however, my FS suggested it for my next cycle, which I was happy about because I was prepared to talk my FS into it!

I have been on DHEA on two occassions. The first time was for approximately three weeks before FS told me to stop all meds for an unrelated condition. So I had a two and half week break and I have now been back on it for three weeks.

On both occasions I have had pimple breakouts on my face, but this seems to settle down after about two and a half weeks.

Also on both occasions, I have experienced hair loss. I get an itchy scalp in the afternoon/night....it seems to be due to a bit of sweatiness after a days work.....sounds strange, but I never get the itchy scalp in the mornings when I have shampooed my hair. This too settles down after a couple of weeks.

On the first occasion, I was convinced it increased my appetite. I was weighing myself every day and I was putting on 200 to 300 grams every day. On this second occasion of taking DHEA, I have not had the same experience, as I have been watching my food intake closely.....in fact, I have lost just over 4kgs in three weeks and my hunger has not been compromised. I would be interested to hear of your experiences in this area.

I had read about the possible side effect of hair loss, however, I was prepared to give it a go as I had heard and read so many positive things regarding improving quality/maturity of eggs. I think Micca is an advocate of DHEA (sorry Micca if I have got that wrong) and she might be able to give you more information on DHEA.

I take my DHEA in the format of a Troche (put it under my tongue and it dissolves)....1 x 50mg per day (half in the morning and half at night). The consistancy of a Troche is like a jelly baby lolly (or a bit harder) and tastes great....really fruity. In fact, I love taking mine to mask the taste of the royal jelly and Acai Berry juice I drink daily (plus the multitude of other supplements).

I hope this gives you a little insight into DHEA. Remember it is only my experience.....there must be others out there that have not had any side effects from DHEA...hopefully that will be you too. Good luck with it and let us know how you go on it.
    Last edited by Sunny15; 21-07-2010 at 14:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, sorry its been a while since my last post.

Sooz07, Kitty, Minibar - glad to hear everything is going well. Its good to hear that some of us "old girls" still have what it takes!!!!!

Lilly40 - I hope things aren't too bad for you (and your DH) at the moment. Good luck with your cycle.

Lilbirdy, Deeelicious - Sorry to hear about your BFN.

Cillile - Glad to hear things are moving forward for you. Your sister is a fantastic person.

Hi to everyone I have forgotton.

AFM - I have been flat out with work over the past couple of weeks. I have seen my GP a couple of times and she rang me last night to make sure my infection has resolved (which it has). I told her I still didn't have AF (we thought it was coming on the day I last saw her) - now 5.5 weeks post egg collection and she told me to POAS just in case. I haven't at this stage as I don't see how it is possible with the negative BT and nothing else happening in the bedroom due to infection!!! I am seeing the FS again on Wednesday so I guess I will wait and see what he says.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies well havent been able to log in not sure if it was a problem with this website or my PC/connections.

Sooz - happy belated birthday hope you had a great one and celebrated for two! X

Deelicious - I havent been on DHEA I asked my FS for this but he said he wouldnt give to me at this point in time so Im no help to you on this one. Some of the other ladies on this thread though have so hopefully they can offer some good advice.

Otgirl - fingers crossed for you that AF arrives soon my cycle was lat this time after my BFN
    Sounds like the infection has cleared up nicely and hopefully you can cycle again soon

Micca, Kitty and Minbar how are all those little precious bundles growing thinking of you all

Sunny what are you next steps where are you upto with your journey

Lilbirdy I hope you are feeling better and have your new plan of attack underway.

To all the other lovely ladies hope you are well.

Well not much to tell with me the Syneral has well and truely kicked in and I am officially turning into the b from hell! Thank god for my furbaby she calms me down and is a blessing.
    Taking daily fish oil with Vit E, CoQ10 75mg and asprin so hopefully with all the extras this one is it. Not much else to tell just finished a long day at work so will be an early night for me tonight.

Have a great weekend ladies thinking of you all XOX

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi everyone...
    been quiet in here the last few days...

Lilly lets hope that this cycle is going to be the one for you...your body is primed for pregnancy.... so we just need some great eggs....fingers crossed

otgirl... Im glad that the infection cleared you must feel so much better now... how did it go with the FS?? I hope you have some plans

deeelicioius
    ... I would definately give the DHEA a go, it must be taken for 3-4 months for the effect to me maximal. It can increase egg quality and numbers and also reduces miscarriage rates.... I took it for about 3 months through 2 cycles and Im not sure if it helped or not.... but I was going for gold with everything. Some women do notice hair loss but it is usually mild... having to empty the brush every 3 days instead of 4 sort of stuff...... It sounds like it will really help you....I hope that it works...xxx

Kismet...congrats on a lovely little girl...you should be so proud and happy for yourself.... Cant wait for my turn...

Minibar... woohoo... you are now in the viable baby stage... what a relief... just grow that baby and get fat... the day you had your BFP seems like only yesterday on this board....

AFM
    well sorry Ive been a bit slack, I had a little freak out....
    I was really unwell on thursday...extreme nausea headache, lethargy and some diarrhoea...gastro seemed the likely culprit... Anyway thursday night I had a painless bleed... not much but enough to freak one in the morning... it was oldish, mucusy...so good points there.... after a slight hair turning grey moment I was able to give my friend a ring whom is an sonographer and she was working in our nearby town and squeezed me in.... sigh.... So the bean was ok... at the right 9 week size... heartbeat 174, and wiggling its little stumpy arms and legs.... thank god for that. There was a 1cm haemorrage sitting at the bottom of the uterus above the cervix... so the cause of the bleed... it could have been a placental edge bleed as I have had a hideous last few weeks at work, and had also done some heavy lifting the weekend before.... so Ive been bonding with the couch over the weekend... fretting and being paranoid patty... no further bleeding thank god... Lucky that I have an appointment with the fetal medicine people weds afternoon so I hope they repeat the uss and can explain the bleed..... at least the bean is going well....
    now if only the colon would finally cooperate...it certainly seems better today... although I have eaten hardly anything....

so thats my adventure this weekend...phew...