Closed Thread
Page 1 of 78 1231151 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Over 40 #2

Hi All,
    Micca it was great to hear your U/S news. I found DDs first US one of those wierd, yet wonderful moments. Uni anatomy hadn't prepared me for the amazing feats of the embryo.

Sooz I am amazed at your restraint with your next test tomorrow. I used 3 in 2 days when I got a positive. Third one was just cause it was a 3 pack and I could watch the 2nd line come up again. I know it is best to keep aware of the possibilities, but it is so exciting. A positive is so very very positive with tingles on.

I'd be starting those pelvic exercises already.

AFM
    Talked with my youngest sister for a very long time. It was really nice to talk and talk. She says she'll donate if we decide we need her. I feel bad and good. Poor thing is actually needle phobic. Panic attacks and projectile vomitting when faced with an injection. She is agreeing to do a lot very very generously. If I hear anyone downplaying her offer again with things like óf course she'd do it' or Ít really is easy', I'm going to be very angry. Poor thing, it turns out, unbeknownst to me, my other sister, who is 40, has also brought up the possibility of youngest sis being an egg donor for her too.

DP and I are still plodding along. I think he thinks all problems are now solved. Pat on the back. Good job all. Bwahahah... sorry matie... more relationship shopwork to come. The evil emotional girlfriend is still here.
    Last edited by cillile; 02-07-2010 at 14:57. Reason: emoticons popping in by themselves

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lovely ladies,

Just a quick one from me whilst at work. I slept in this morning and it's been such a busy one at work, that this is the first chance I've had to jump on-line.

Well I couldn't resist - I had the 5am urge to visit the toilet again this morning and of course I had to take my HPT with me. I used a First Response pack, but with the big plastic stick this time instead of the cheaper skinnier stick and........ Woohooo!! , within a couple of minutes a faint second line appeared. Clear Blue result was faster and stronger line, but nonetheless a faint line is a positive. Yipee!!

I'm trying so hard not to get too excited as there is still so much that can go wrong, but as I said in my earlier post, you've got to celebrate every little victory along the way and just live in the moment for a little to keep you strong and positive for some of the not so good stuff. Anyway, I know I won't be able to help myself and will likely be going through the same ritual again tomorrow morning - with yet another different branded HPT; I figure if I use 3 different brands and they all give me the same answer, there must be something in it .... an it helps me pass the time until my blood test on Monday. It would nice to be able to do a wee test to find out your HCG level, but I don't think there is one??? Happy to be corrected by anyone.

So roll on weekend and get me to that Phlebotomist on time Monday morning. I go to the Phlebotomist (sophisiticated word for the blood taker) instead of the nurses as I need to lie down for my blood tests cause I tend to pass out otherwise .

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

Big hugs Sooz xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    wow cillile there is alot of stuff to work through, and you're right, being an egg donor is a massive undertaking for anyone particularly with the phobic challenges your sis has. What was DP's reaction to the fact that your other sis has also raised it ?? Of course I don't know your DP but (massive generalisation alert) the emotional 'threshold' of men tends to be alot lower than ours, doesn't it ? It's very hard work for them to invest over a long period of time, whereas we are more marathoners (at least that's what my relationship is like). I wish you the very best of everything in this next phase.

micca, awesome that your little peanut is skipping alot nicely,

sooz, the big plastic stick'll do it !! It's all sounding very positive to use a pun !

Clinic contacted me this morning - We got 15 eggs fertilised, I am completely blown away as this is our first cycle, so had no idea what to expect. Transfer is tomorrow and there'll be some with good frostie potential.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilbirdy, wow 15 fertilised that is a great number, good luck with transfer

Sooz, still blown away that you and Micca both got your BFP's

Cillile, big decisions for you to make and hard ones, I am sure you will make all the right ones for you and DP

Micca, you are definitely sounding pregnant now!

Otgirl - enjoy your time in Tassie with your parents

Sunny, so glad you got some much needed answers. grr to the cyst, sooner it is gone sooner you start cycling again

Hi to everyone else Lily, penny, pippy Kitty

Too many people here now, I can't keep up lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hi everyone...I see we are special enough to graduate to a new thread ...I had better do a rollcall to start the thread off....

CYCLE LIST JULY 2nd.

jabbin n stabbin
    deeelicious...EPU july 7th

2ww insane train...mental asylum first stop...
    lilibirdy...buying a train ticket
    Sooz... POAS queen BFP awaiting beta on monday
    goldy...Beta soon

otgirl... just on the train

Waiting to cycle
    lilly40......next IVF ? july/aug
    cillile... looking at the donor option
    soclose... awaiting to cycle after a delayed one due to high FSH..hoping august/sept.
    kittyM...new FS awaiting to cycle, last one cancelled
    Sunny..ivf july/aug new FS,...endometrial cyst..hysteroscopy

penny...MIA...looking a donor options
    pippy....waiting waiting

yummy mummies....
    Micca.... 6 weeks up the duff... in denial...lol...uss tues
    minibar
    Kismet

if I have missed anyone I sincerly apologise...just let me know and I will add you in....
    Last edited by micca; 03-07-2010 at 11:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    cillile... wow you really have some hard decisions to make... its such a big step. You are lucky to have someone close to you whom will help. Your sister is being very brave in putting her hand up....I guess it will cure her needle phobia...lol
    I wish you all the best in coming to a decision....

Lilibird...woohoo 15eggs fertilised that is fantastic...what a relief so hopefully a few in the oven and some frosties left over...how many are you going to transfer....2 or 3??
    with those numbers I would push for 3 if you can....

otgirl...how is the insane train..have you found your designated straight jacket yet??..hang in there

goldy...when is the beta...got to be in the next few days...fingers crossed

sooz... you are the poas queen...lol...I must say I did another one the morning of my beta and it is still sitting on the breakfast table so I can look at it everyday...lol....its like a talisman...

sunny...get that &*^# endometrial cyst out and then its game on...at least it was found and can easily be sorted

lily40... I hope your next cycle is not too far away...Ill be cheering for you

KittyM..how are you going chickee

AFM
    well even though I got to see the heart beat (mind you it was only just) Im still in complete denial about being preggers.... every now and again I allow myself to dream about a fat belly.... and of course reality slaps me in the face just to remind me...my huge boobs that are being squeezed into my bra at the moment ...a plastic surgeon would be proud of the perkiness if it was a boob job...I wish I had a partner to fondle the girls...lol....and of course all my pants are tight around the waist...bluddy bloated gut...I hope that I can hide it until 13-14 weeks when I will tell people at work

well I have done nothing today ...totally useless thats me...lol I have lounged on the couch watched DVDs and ate my way through the day....lol.....Im surprised there is still food in the fridge... Im sort of hungry but not really and I just keep snacking away...lol....I had better get that under control other wise I will be the size of a house before anything shows...
    I pigged out on some naughty food... as well, pinapple lumps (Im addicted to) and popcorn with chilli. My taste buds seem to have gone a bit flat as I cant seem to taste the chili and I know that it is hot as my eyes are watering... I love chilli ...lol..lol.... oh well at least it will help the constipation,....lol. I have a slow cooker full of soup for dinner which will be great...

tomorrow I will go for a walk with the camera to get me out of the house.... and to use some kilojoules up as well as to get me away from food...lol At least at work I don't eat at all except at meal times...

I hope everyone is planning a great weekend...and dont eat the house out like I have done....

micca xxxxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    MICCA - just popped into see what is happening to find you have seen your little bean's . That's so fantastic!!.. Your little ray of sunshine is shining brighter

Sooz - congratulations on your PREGNANT result! Hope all is well

Just a quickie for now, I have to read back on the posts I've missed......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, well, well! I don't log on for a couple of weeks and look what happens - BFPs and new members galore!

Big congratulations to Sooz and Micca and hello to the new chickies (that said, I'm still a new chickie myself!).

Not much to report here... EPU set for Wednesday, but will be confirmed on Monday. I have 9 follicles to show for my injecting efforts - but looks like only four or five will come to the party. Better than my first cycle of one follicle!

The change to my drug regime this time around has been 150iu of Pregnyl every three days (for LH support) and upped my dose of Gonal F to 450iu (from 262.2).

Good luck to everyone cycling...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning ladies

Micca fantastic news on the ultra sound and seeing the heartbeat, your well on your way now and your bloods are looking fantastic all up and up for you my lady put your feet up and rest away XOX

Sooz hope the home tests are still coming up strong only two days left to Beta to confirm it all for you fantastic news to see the two ladies from this thread who where on here from the start of my journey up the duff Im so excited for you both XOX

Lilibird thats a great result I bet you are over the moon. Good luck with the transfer and next time I logon in you will be PUPO

Chillie, Otgirl just trying to catch up on your journey

Pippy how are you havent heard from you in awhile

Sunny sorry to hear about the cysts hopefully all will be fixed soon. Maybe we will be cycling together

Goldy when are you due for Beta hope you are doing ok

Soclose, Kitty Penny hope you are all doing well

Deelicious fantastic 9 eggs hopefully they will all be great good luck with the EPU

Hopfully I havent missed anyone and if I have I apologies.

Well just went and finally claimed my last cycle back which I got $2300 thought I might get alittle more but nope that was it. So basically half out of pocket.

Just hanging at the moment waiting for the witch to arrive maybe in the next week so I can start the pill for three weeks and then start jabbing. Not looking forward to the dreaded syneral though it turns me into a monster DH said last time he was going to go and book into a motel so we better get that organised to he is loving having me back. Had my weekly acupunture yesterday which was nice and relaxing.

Went to my sisters for dinner as she is now back from Paris and met one of her friends who had gone through IVF was great to hear her story and how she dealt with it all. Unfortunately she was not successful which got me thinking. Have to get those thoughts well out of my head!

Anyway ladies better get my skates on my sister got me some amazing sketchs in her travels so going to drop them off to get framed this morning.

Before I go has anyone read the article on Glueten free diet for those ladies on IVF?

Have a great weekend everyone XOX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well we decided to hold off and go for transfer at blastocyst stage. I'm not sure if we've done the right thing but we had around 10 embies all the same (grade 2, 4 cells), so we figured we'd give them a few more days to sort out the strong ones from the rest they all keep growing.
    Last edited by lilbirdy; 03-07-2010 at 15:06.