+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default im 36weeks and 4 days pregnant and having period like pains and lower back pain

Hey All,
    I am 36 weeks and 4 days pregnant with my second child. My first child was born at 37 weeks and i didnt experience any braxton hicks or anything with him. Last week i was told by my doctor that my baby has stopped growing and that he may be within a week. For the last couple of days ive been having period like pains all day long, lower back pain and increased fluid loss. Im not sure if i should be ringing the hospital about this or just wait until my next appt with them ?????
    thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    You could be labouring with back pains, but everything can pretty achey by that point in the pregnancy! Best to call the hospital and see whether they want to check you earlier.

And how you had your first baby is no indicator as to how your second will come - can be completely different!

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am having my first and have no idea really... I am not mentioning this to worry you in any way but I think it is best not to have guesses and to get it checked at the hospital....

One thing i remember from our antenatal class was about if i have a difference in my fluid loss... If there is a rupture in the membrane at the top of your uterus you won't always have a massive loss of fluid at once... And if there is a rupture like that , that then goes unchecked you can get an infection... Which can be really bad for bub.... (not sure why this one stayed with me, but i thought it better to point out...) No idea how common or not this really is, but i guess it was important enough for the midwife to tell us about it...

Good luck... When you find out what it is be sure to let us know... I have just under 5 weeks to go myself..... Getting very nervous....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would call the hospital and see what they say, it can't hurt! Then again, if you feel you need to go in at some point and they're telling you that you don't I'd just go in anyway. I've heard some shocking stories from friends about midwives and doctors just NOT LISTENING and saying it was nothing when it was the real thing! It really gets my back up! We trust these people to KNOW!!

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi... my 3rd babe was born at 36+5... I had a small hindwater leak for about a week before my membranes ruptured fully.

Your doctor said your baby has stopped growing? How did he find that out... through feeling fundal height or scan?