+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Clomid with booster and trigger shot (without IUI)

Hello lovely BubHubbers!

This cycle I am starting on Clomid 50mg but I am also being given a "booster" shot and a "trigger" shot. I am unsure exactly which shots I am being given or when. The nurse at the fertility clinic didn't really explain yet. I am right in saying the trigger helps the egg to release and the booster helps implantation?

I am currently on Provera waiting for AF. I have not been able to find anyone who has had the Clomid with the shots and I was hoping to hear from other ladies who had this. I was just wondering of what the chance is of getting pregnant each month? I am not expecting anything to happen straight away but I've been told I'll probably be moved onto FSH injections after this one cycle of Clomid cause my endometrium is too thin.

I'd love to hear anyone else's experiences with this process.

Thank you so much

Thanks
    Reviews
    *bump*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Happywife,

This my 1st month of starting clomid & the trigger shot. Like you im not expecting anything to happen straight away but its good to hear from someone who is going through the same thing.

I’m on 25mg (Half a tablet) of Clomid from days 5 – 9 & then they will do an ultra sound on day 12 to check my follicles & then if my follicles are in the right range they will trigger me which will make me ovulate in the next 24-36 hours.

I think the chances of getting pregnant every month on OI (Ovulation induction) cycles is the same as natural conception about 15 – 25% each cycle. (This is what my OI book tells me..lol..)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had Clomid and the trigger shot when trying to fall pregnant with #1 and #2.
    I didn't have much success with it the first time around, and ended up on injections and triggers for that. But i fell pregnant on those with #1. It did take me 14 months (7 cycles, a laperoscopy and 2 breaks over the xmas holidays when the clinic closed for a few weeks)

With #2 i went back onto the clomid and trigger injection and fell pregnant the 2nd cycle

Goodluck to both of you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for replying girls and thanks Becca for bumping my threads so others got to see it!

Quote Originally Posted by bubbalove83 View Post
    Hi Happywife,

This my 1st month of starting clomid & the trigger shot. Like you im not expecting anything to happen straight away but its good to hear from someone who is going through the same thing.

I’m on 25mg (Half a tablet) of Clomid from days 5 – 9 & then they will do an ultra sound on day 12 to check my follicles & then if my follicles are in the right range they will trigger me which will make me ovulate in the next 24-36 hours.

I think the chances of getting pregnant every month on OI (Ovulation induction) cycles is the same as natural conception about 15 – 25% each cycle. (This is what my OI book tells me..lol..)
    Hello and thanks for replying, great to know we are going through the same thing.

You have an OI book?!!! What is it called?! That's great!

I'm getting 50mg Clomid on day 2 - 6, then the U/S but not sure which day yet, trigger to hopefully make me O and then a booster? I think from my research the booster is given about 7DPO to aid implantation perhaps if anything is happening.

I wonder what they do if the Clomid doesn't work to make you ovulate and they see no follicles on the U/S. Cause Clomid doesn't always work first cycle and sometimes it will work but the dosage needs to be upped. I guess they just don't worry about the injections and just would bring on AF with provera again.

Please keep in touch I would love to hear how you go! Very best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden&Ryan&Joel View Post
    I had Clomid and the trigger shot when trying to fall pregnant with #1 and #2.
    I didn't have much success with it the first time around, and ended up on injections and triggers for that. But i fell pregnant on those with #1. It did take me 14 months (7 cycles, a laperoscopy and 2 breaks over the xmas holidays when the clinic closed for a few weeks)

With #2 i went back onto the clomid and trigger injection and fell pregnant the 2nd cycle

Goodluck to both of you.
    Thank you so much for your reply.
    Gosh 14 months that must have been a difficult wait! But a very big reward at the end! How long did you try for before you started on the clomid? We've been ttc for 7.5 months and only just been to the FS now. I would really like to be pg by Nov cause that would be 12 months of trying. Good to know that the Clomid with injections can have success!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by happywife View Post
    Thank you for replying girls and thanks Becca for bumping my threads so others got to see it!

Hello and thanks for replying, great to know we are going through the same thing.

You have an OI book?!!! What is it called?! That's great!

I'm getting 50mg Clomid on day 2 - 6, then the U/S but not sure which day yet, trigger to hopefully make me O and then a booster? I think from my research the booster is given about 7DPO to aid implantation perhaps if anything is happening.

I wonder what they do if the Clomid doesn't work to make you ovulate and they see no follicles on the U/S. Cause Clomid doesn't always work first cycle and sometimes it will work but the dosage needs to be upped. I guess they just don't worry about the injections and just would bring on AF with provera again.

Please keep in touch I would love to hear how you go! Very best of luck!
    Hello

I dont really have an OI Book but i got a OI Pamphlet thingy to tell me all about what will happen with OI & all that.
    Im not sure about the seeing no follicles on the ultrasound. DH & i have supposedly "Unexplained subfertility". I always ovulate every month but somehow we just cant seem to get UTD. When i went to the FS for the 1st time in Jan they gave me a trigger on day 16 & then that cycle i became pregnant. So we are positive that this way may work again for us. So they wanted to start us on OI for 3 cycles & from there we look at other options.

I just went for my CD12 Ultrasound & i have 8-9 follicles on my left side & the biggest one is 14mm. She said it needed to be 18mm to have the trigger so i go back Friday.

How are you going? Are you waiting for AF or have you started this cycle already?

Hi Hayden&Ryan&Joel,
    Thank you for letting us know of your positive experience. Its good to know that it works for people & i hope we have as much luck as you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbalove83 View Post
    Hello

I dont really have an OI Book but i got a OI Pamphlet thingy to tell me all about what will happen with OI & all that.
    Im not sure about the seeing no follicles on the ultrasound. DH & i have supposedly "Unexplained subfertility". I always ovulate every month but somehow we just cant seem to get UTD. When i went to the FS for the 1st time in Jan they gave me a trigger on day 16 & then that cycle i became pregnant. So we are positive that this way may work again for us. So they wanted to start us on OI for 3 cycles & from there we look at other options.

I just went for my CD12 Ultrasound & i have 8-9 follicles on my left side & the biggest one is 14mm. She said it needed to be 18mm to have the trigger so i go back Friday.

How are you going? Are you waiting for AF or have you started this cycle already?
    I'll have to look for an OI book next time I'm at the clinic. Good to know you've got at least one follicle that is looking good and should be ready soon. I wish you the best of luck and sure hope it will be a BFP with a sticky baby for you hun.

I'm on day 5 of Provera then waiting for AF to start before it all begins for me.