+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    hi!

So happy to have run across this thread!! It has really helped with making my decision to taking DHEA (just hope I can afford it!!)
    My FS wants to put me on it and I was humming and hawwing over it as I didn't know if I wanted to wait 3 months for it to kick in. Was in a rush to get on to the next cycle really. I think now I am willing to wait 3 months and really try again!

thanks!
    Barb.

jayemkayare is offline Miracles don't just happen, they take hard work and determination.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Barb, once you get started on the IVF train you just want to keep going!!!! I too am waiting the 3 months (actually it will be 4, damn it! DH is going away right when AF is due in March) so I'll be cycling in early April. Hopefully it will be worth the wait (and money!).

I'm glad you are happy with your decision to wait. Sometimes the break is good too. Your ovaries can shut down with too many cycles very close. Especially if you are a low responder. My FS is hoping that with the break, the Gonal-F might have a better shock factor on them. Well, It sounds good in theory.

Green Mum to be is offline Just one baby pretty pretty please with sprinkles and a cherry on top
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

I'm so glad i found this thread as i had so many questions!!! Looks like they are just about all answered...

Anyone from adelaide? Flinders Reproductive Medicine? I'm with a new FS who is really conservative and I want to ask him about it. Not sure whether to call the nurses or wait until next cycle which is set for April/ May?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, just quickly posting a recent article I found on low ov. reserve/DHEA. [Cross posted on the poor responders thread).

It is quite technical, but the Discussion is interesting and possibly something to take in to your FS if you want to take DHEA but your FS is less than keen...

It also mentions COQ10 and leptin (something I hadn't heard of) as things that may improve the situation...

http://www.rbej.com/content/pdf/1477-7827-9-23.pdf

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anemone For This Useful Post:

jayemkayare  (20-02-2011),PinkButterfly  (22-02-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anenome – thanks so much for the article, really appreciate it, will sit down and have a good read. Hope you are getting on well, can’t be too long to go now?

Barb- glad this thread has been helpful, how did your cycle go? Are you thinking of using DHEA??

Greenmumtobe – Sorry not from SA but my previous FS was conservative and against DHEA, I feel like I wasted 9 months and wish he had been pro-active and put me on it as soon as my low AMH was diagnosed. Good luck.

How are my other DHEA buddies travelling? I am finding I can’t lose any weight on the DHEA (was just trying to lose my IVF kilos) – it is easier to build muscle though and my boobs are still big. Does anyone else find that? But if it works i won't complain!

jayemkayare is offline Miracles don't just happen, they take hard work and determination.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    pinkbutterfly , I've never had a problem with weight but have put a few kilos on with the DHEA & for years before I've maintained a constant weight. Yep, boobs slightly bigger but I needed that! LOL. Hopreully that means it's doing what it should.

Sent from my iPod touch using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jay, I feel relieved hearing that! Thanks! I have done so much exercise since my last cycle and the scales won't budge and I haven't had any chocolate. Anyway its doing something

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Pinkbutterfly, keep me posted on how your next cycle goes.

Sent from my iPod touch using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Which pharmacy do you get your DHEA from??

Hi Ladies
    Which pharmacy do you get your DHEA from?
    My FS said only get it from Macquarie street pharmacy in Sydney which i did and had to refridgerate it and it worked well.
    My next batch i got from the Mill pharmacy in Brisbane which didnt have to be refridgerated??
    Now i am trying Broadbeach Amcal compounding pharmacy for my next batch as i live near Gold Coast.
    Only reason i am asking is because my FS said only get it from Macquarie street pharmacy as they are the best and not to trust any where else?
    thanks
    mel

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got mine from the Mill Pharmacy. I'm in FNQ so I sent them the script and they posted it up to me. I never had any problems