Closed Thread
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum2Jacob View Post
    Awesome cake! I'm hoping to make a Number 1 for DS's birthday, bit worried at how its going to turn out lol!
    M2J
    Easy I will email you a pic of the one I did

2 Cherubs is offline Rah rah ah-ah-ah! Ro mah ro-mah-mah Gaga Ooh-la-la!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow...Thats a cool cake sbf....I might have to pinch your idea...It looks quite easy for me who is the worlds worse cook !!

subaruforestermum is offline Love me or hate me...that's your problem only....
    Vote for veve! Cheekiest Mod!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks ladies, I made a trial cake, on a smaller scale a week before hand so I knew how it would work out, and perfect any errors or mistakes I made........

Was so stressed it wasn't going to work, but yay....it did

Keep posting ideas ladies, cos I'm sure that there are lots like me, who at first are stuck for ideas........

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That cake is soo cool...and a bit freaky too- i'm doing a balloon cake for DS 1st b'day at the end of Sept.

We're having a balloon theme. I've had balloon magnetic invites made, and arranged for lots of balloon decorations. I am planning on having a balloon cake- i've done a trial of the actual cake itself- a mud cake. I plan on having 3 balloons and they will all be holding a number 1 cake (which is a pre-made donut cake from donut king).

Subaruforestermum- how did you make your icing? How did you make the stars? How did u make the lettering for happy birthday?

Well done!!

Mrs Little & Son.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How hard is it to make that icing subaruforestermum?

mrs Little & Son.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Mrs Little...it is a pre-bought icing that you roll out to fit your cake...I used Orchard White Icing....basically the instructions are on the back of the box and it is quiet simple to do....I used 2 packs altogether..but depends on the size of your cake...

As for the stars, I used the same icing, and used food colouring to colour separate balls of the icing, rolled it out the same as per the instructions, then used a cookie cutter to get the shapes, and you then just brush the back with either sugar syrup, or melted jam, and put them where you want them and they stay there....

Oh forgot to add that the lettering are made out of the same icing....had left overs from the stars and circles and came up with the idea...

Hope the has helped.......our party was balloon themed too, as he's too young to know bob the builder, spiderman....etc...... Great idea...

Thanks
    Reviews
    wow....bubhub is a such a great resource!

Thanks subaruforestermum.

Where would i be able to buy this icing?

I agree- my DS is too young to have a favourite show or character or book etc. So i went with the balloon theme too.

Mrs Little & Son.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Little View Post
    wow....bubhub is a such a great resource!

Thanks subaruforestermum.

Where would i be able to buy this icing?

I agree- my DS is too young to have a favourite show or character or book etc. So i went with the balloon theme too.

Mrs Little & Son.
    Any time....I got mine from Bilo, I think it can be bought from just about any supermarket in the cake isle.....goodluck

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will have a look in our supermarket when we do the groceries next time.

Did you use cookie cutters for the letters too?

Mrs Little & Son.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah my mum bought me this cookie cutter set through Guide Dogs party and it is a 100 piece set for $20.00. It comes in great handy... Has letters, numbers, christmas, shapes, animals, transport and miscellaneous.....

So I used the letters from it.......recommend them, it's a great investment as I use them all the time...