ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Question What kind of car for a large family?

Hi all,
    I'm currently looking at the logistics of fitting a pram in the boot of a BMW 120d. Its a hatchback.
    It got me wondering, as I hope to end up with a larger family, with at least three, possibly four kids, what kind of cars do all you mums with four kids drive? And how do you find them for fitting everything in? Pros, Cons, etc.

Also, anyone with one child and a BMW 120d - what kind of pram do you have and how does it fit?

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We have a Landcruiser and I LOVE it- can't wait to upgrade it a brand new one (which will be in about the year 3017).
    We have 4 kids, 2 in seats and I'm often ferrying other peoples kids about too- its awesome! Heaps of room!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there,

Im looking for a new car too as #3 is on its way and we need a bigger car. We are looking at either toyota avenis or we saw yesterday at the baby show the new ford territory has 7 seats but the lady said you can fit three car seats perfectly in the back seat and have huge boot in the back.

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I love my Kia Carnival 7 seater.

I've got 4 (almost 5) kids, 5yrs and under... so they are still all in seats. I've got 3 still in anchored seats in the back row (bit of a juggle finding seats that all fit in, but we did and they do... and I'm not talking 'expensive' seats like the SNS Compaq's I'm talking cheaper Big W seats and an Infa comfy cruiser.

If I needed too I could have all 5 seats anchored. The two middle seats anchor to the floor of the back, and the 3 back row seats are anchored into the back of the seat.

I love being able to walk straight through the middle of the car.

Personally I find it's got heaps of space for us.

so yeah. It's an older one, I'd love to get a new one. We're going to upgrade next year so I was looking at cars... and I think I'm going to get another Kia coz I love the layout so much

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We've been looking at the Holden Captiva's with 7 seats, we really love it. We currently have a Ford Territory 5 seater and was originally going to look at a 7 seater Territory but I don't like the far back seats in them.
    I quite like the Kia Carnivals, that would be our other choice. Heaps of room!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Honda odyssey

Toyota Tarago

Mitsubishi Grandis

those are my big family dream cars

Now i drive small 1,3 lt jazz

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    We currently have lemon of a car it's mitsubishi starwagon (van). I hate it with a passion. the air con doesn't work and the windows only pop open 2 Cm's and i found out the hard way ( when a window fell out while i was driving) that they are held on by one screw and a long sliver clip.

My dream car is a Toyota Hi Ace with one seat removed. It seats 11.