Closed Thread
Page 105 of 141 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1401
    b4us is offline aspiring to be better then yesterday
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dr fong did mine and it was a blind transfer we asked for ultrasound guide though and she said no then she mentioned afterwards it was very diffcult to put in she was very nice but it is mind over matter using the ultrasound and to be honest i spent most of the 2ww worrying if it was in the right place or did it go in safely i was a mess.

so can we request a ultrasound guide though with our transfers ????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning ladies.

Dr smith did my transfer.. He was really nice. And I actually held the U/S thingy on my belly once he put it in the right position. I would definitely opt to have it done like that again if I could. ( hopefully I don't need another one)

Kylee- I would of used the last of it to. At $200 a day you want every last little drop out.

Finding it harder to not POAS now that it's getting closer. I'm sooooooo tempted. Don't know if I'll make it till Tuesday.

Enjoy your weekends ladies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    B4us - she must of changed her procedure cause she always used them... If you want an ultrasound just let them know once you have EPU.. Also when they ring to book in transfer ask again and confirm. If your still concerned ask on day of transfer when embryologist comes to get you. They dont mind doing it I guess it just takes longer. But again if you want it just tell them and don't take no for an answer.

Jems- step away from the sticks honey....lol. But I understand if you do. I do. Is tomorrow 8dp5dt? I reckon it would show tomorrow but that's me. I'm a shocker.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hello ladies,
    i am new to this forum and was hopingsome of you can answer a couple of questions about westmead fertility centre.
    how can it be so cheap as compared to say Genea or ivfaustralia? is it a low-dose ivf method as compared to other clinics (i have been told by someone quite knowledagble in the ivf arena that the price they charge wouldnt even cover e cost of meds for a full stim cycle and she suggested that it might be a clinic that does "low-dos ivf" where they dont aim for as man eggs as for a full stim iv cycle). For any of you that did Gonal-f what was your initial daily dosage amount? i have been told that the average is about 150mi for a full stim cycle so would like to know if this amout is common at westmead. also, hs anyone requeted to have their epu done under GA desite the norm being light sedation and if so were you allowed to do this. also, any feedback on dr howard smith as he is who i plan on booking in with
    if anyon could answer any of these questions it would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Andrea,

I'm on to my second round of IVF through Westmead, and I believe it's exactly the same procedures as you'd have at any other facility. The biggest difference is that the clinic doesn't do EPU under general, as you said, and so you don't pay private theatre costs or anaesthesia bills. I don't think there is the option of a General for EPU; I believe it's always sedation.

I met a lot of ladies at EPU last time around who had done 1 or 2 rounds with Genea and IVF Australia but just couldn't afford to go through them again, and seemed like Westmead did virtually everything else exactly the same.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Andrea- the only reason it is cheaper is that it is a non for profit organization. Just as is RPA... It is complete and utter bull that it is a low dose IVF. Basic google research would find this information. They have one of the best directors globally. her name is Cecilia Bjoblom. You will be in excellent hands.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mumtochris - just had trigger, let the games begin.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm trying very hard kylee!! I feel weird... Like different sort of. So I'm hoping that's a good sign maybe. I'm still gonna try and hold out for Tuesday which will be 10dp5dt.

Hi Andrea. As kylee said its a not for profit clinic so we don't have to pay the ridiculous prices but our cycles are the same as any other clinic. I was on low dose Gonal-f. (100) but it will up next cycle. My FS was cautious with my PCOS and OHSS. Some ladies in my last cycle were on 300 and 400 doses. My transfer was done by dr smith last weekend. He was very nice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Jem your a better woman than me... Last cycle I had pee sticks in the glove box, handbag, bathroom and work desk drawer ( completely out of control! Lol) I promise I will show more control this round ;-) cost me a fortune!! Haha I would love to wait like you have !

Andrea (apologies if that's incorrect, im on my mobile) I'm on 200 gonal f and reducing to 187.50 after 4 days ( changed this cycle) my friend at westmead was on 450 due to low ovarian reserve.
    I have found westmead to be fantastic!!
    How exciting kylee!! Yay!!

Mum to Chris how are you going???

Mrs jag when do you start double jabs??

Hope everyone's having a good weekend :-)
    Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by b4us View Post
    Dr fong did mine and it was a blind transfer we asked for ultrasound guide though and she said no then she mentioned afterwards it was very diffcult to put in she was very nice but it is mind over matter using the ultrasound and to be honest i spent most of the 2ww worrying if it was in the right place or did it go in safely i was a mess.

so can we request a ultrasound guide though with our transfers ????
    Yep, Dr Fong told me at my between cycle visit to request it so I did at drug p/u also remind them again at epu .. Not sure it will make a difference but it's worth a try. She did tell me you have to arrange it before transfer day due to the extra time involved and scheduling appointments so maybe that's why you got a no?? Seems strange.