i'm helping my SIL organise a bridal shower/kitchen tea for her sister. we've organised some games with prizes to be played at the bridal shower, but SIL says that if a guest wins a prize in a game, they should give it to the bride?
i'm not sure about this - the guests are already giving the bride a present at the kitchen tea, so should they really have to give up their prize that they've won as well?! the prizes are just little things from kitchenware store like funky teatowels, a cute coffee mug, etc.
what do you guys think? should the guest be allowed to keep their prize or should they have to give it to the bride? we could always tell them they have a choice about whether to keep it or give it to the bride, but then anyone who wants to keep their prize will feel bad about keeping it!
the games we're playing are:
1. guess the spice (labels removed from jars, guests have to guess what the spice is, person with most correct gets a prize)
2. a little quiz about how well do you know the bride (person with most questions correct gets a prize)
3. kiss the hot guy (put up a poster of a hot guy on the wall, blindfold each guest, put lipstick on them and whoever can kiss the guy closest to his lips gets the prize!)
4. handbag game (divide up into pairs, each pair gets a list of items commonly found in a handbag with a points value assigned to each item, they have 5 minutes to go through their handbags to find as many items as they can and the team with the most points at the end gets a prize)
5. make up the bride (no prize for this one but we're going to blindfold the guests and then tell them to apply makeup to the bride, e.g. put lipstick on, put blusher on, etc!)
sorry rambled on a bit there!
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5
15-06-2010 21:11 #1
Who keeps the prizes in a bridal shower game?
15-06-2010 21:45 #2Senior Member
- Join Date
- Oct 2008
Guests keep the prize. I have never heard of them having to hand it back. That would be called "try your luck at scoring the bride some extra things"
15-06-2010 21:51 #3Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2009
I would think the guest keeps the prize.
15-06-2010 22:02 #4Senior Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2009
guest keeps the prize....if they want to give it up that is up to them.
What's the point in games with prizes if they have to give them away???
15-06-2010 22:16 #5
thanks everyone, good points!
By LRA in forum Pregnancy & Birth General ChatReplies: 23Last Post: 10-10-2012, 07:42
By emms in forum OtherReplies: 1Last Post: 07-03-2012, 12:54
KindyROOKindyROO offers activities for babies & toddlers in a fun learning centre, focussing on developmental education. ...
LATESTToilet training: when is the best time to start?Why it is OK for your child to be differentWhat is a blessing way? How is it different to a baby shower?
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
IVF babies due Sep/Oct/Nov 2017pregnancy and babies through IVF
Miracle March TTC and Testing ChatConception & Fertility General Chat
Tell me about your high school reunion/s!General Chat
Implantation sickness?Conception & Fertility General Chat
Food supplements for kidsGeneral Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
Am I the only thread killer??General Chat
TTC later in the yearConception & Fertility General Chat