+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 40 week appointment.. midwifery group practice...

i am wondering what to expect, i have my 40 week check tomorrow, with my first i never made it to this appointment. i will be 39weeks+5 days.
    im just wondering what i should expect. im nervous, not sure why. i want to ask for a stretch and sweep, as ive been in alot of pain and had pre labour for a week now, i just want things to start happening. im only managing to get 2-3hrs of sleep which i wake up several times in so its just not good, im exaughsted and worried if i go much longer i wont cope with labour. i can barely walk during the day, and at night i cant lay down without severe pain.
    anyway im just wondering what to expect. im part of midwifery group practice, in ipswich hospital.
    any input would be wonderful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Last edited by xpress2; 01-07-2013 at 08:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was in the middie grouop in brisbane redlands, and when i had my 40wk app at about ur stage or less they did the normal check ups then she asked me if she could check me and do a s&s im like hell yeah, then she said she was going to book me into the doc for my 41wks app instead of waiting till 42wks as they new he was going to be big.

I was feeling just like u as my pelvis had sperated so i was in so much pain plus i was 3cm already... It didnt bring on labouor as i went 3days over so a wk after the S&S i had DS at 10lb

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    basically the 40 week one is noraml with discussion of induction well at least thats what it is like here you can ask for a internal to be able to see what is going on and if anything started if not then you will just keep going back until the 42 weks stage when they tell you you have to give birth now i am hoping not to get to this point as i have done so much reseach and i dont want to be induced this time at all. just want it to happen naturally and enjoy my last labour as its our last baby.
    good luck with your appointment i hope that you can get out of it waht you need and i hope that bubs comes soon