+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Your Best Natural Tips for Help with Winter Colds

Hi All

I've got 2 sick little girls at home with the yukky old cough and cold. Had DD1 at the hospital Friday night (nothing awful) she was just very wheezy and not breathing easily. All OK, she just needed some ventolin.

Anyway, I was wondering what you're most helpful tips are to help us all get through the season!

I've got vapourizers in both their rooms and am putting vicks on the chest with every other nappy change. The chemist also recommended some inner health plus for kids so they're on that too.

Thought it would be a good place to share what works for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How old are they? Mine are 5 and 7 and I've been giving them Olive Leaf extract for a couple of years. Check with health shop how young is ok to give them I have a friend who I think gives it to her 3 yr old. My kids very rarely get sick, and when they do, its usually not bad, just sniffles. Also Euky Bearub, lots of fluids etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Inner health plus is a winner here too. Olive leaf extract can be given from age of 2 but I've found inner health plus easier as you can mix it into the water and they don't even notice it. My ds didn't like the taste of the olive leaf extract although if your child drinks apple juice you could disguise it in that (my ds won't drink anything but water). I also put the vaporiser into the bathroom for about half an hour before he has a bath with eucalyptus oil in it so the room steams up. Then while he is having a bath I will get in the shower and have a nice hot shower to create more steam and he plays in the bath for a while. I find this gets the nose running big time and seems to clean him out before bed so he doesn't get quite so congested during the night.
    Fun isn't it!