+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Please help us heal our heartache - looking for a Surrogate.

In my previous blog some time ago, (listed below) we were heading to Victoria to consider surrogacy only to find that the law states we are required to be residents at the time of the birth, so therefore we are unable to continue with this in Victoria.

The really good news for everyone is
    New surrogacy laws for Queensland

The Surrogacy Act 2010 was passed by Parliament on 11 February 2010 with the provisions of the Act to commence on 1 June 2010. This means that from 1 June 2010 it will be legal for altruistic surrogacy arrangements (that is, non-commercial arrangements) to be made in Queensland.

PREVIOUS BLOG
    (We live in Queensland and although the law is passed it will take time for the law to be proclaimed. We have tried over a 5 year period, 13 IVF cycles only to find out at the end of it all that all the failed attempts were a result that I can't carry. (a medical condition called Adenomyosis) It was only once we changed doctors that full tests were carried out to find these results, after 5 years of IVF heartache. We have been waiting for the laws to change in Queensland however it all will take time to complete the full process here. The heartache of being told we can't have a family is so hard. Surrogacy is our only option, so we are hoping to head to Melb IVF clinic next month (May) and hoping there is a wonderful person who can help us complete our dream of having a family of our own. We have been married for 10 beautiful years this year (April). If anyone knows of a very special person to help us please let us know.)

We are hoping for a very special person in QLD to consider helping us fulfil our dream of a family. So here is to hope.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mini

I also had Adenomyosis, and had a hysterectomy 13 years ago at 22.
    I fell and understand your pain. I am also looking for a surrogate but in VIC.
    I am happy to chat if you need an ear that understands exactly where you are and how you are feeling.
    All the best with your search.
    FT

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mini,

My heart goes out to you!

I am 31, and in QLD - I have 2 children of my own and happily married.

I would love to help if I could?

Thanks
    Reviews

Smile Qld?

Hi Mini,
    Can I ask why you are searching for a QLD Surrogate?
    I am unfamiliar with the process of QLD Surrogacy - is this a requirement or would you just like to be close to them so you can be as involved as possible?
    I am also curious as to how much involvment you would want the surrogate to have afterwards? i know this is a very personal question so please dont feel obliged to have to answer!

Best Wishes for your journey!
    SCD

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thats fantastic news! Closer to home and hopefully a local surro for you!! Big hugs and best wishes!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi SCD,

We are still looking and hoping for a Surrogate to help us in QLD (as we live in QLD) so we can be closer but also we found the laws in Victoria require us to be residents at the time of the birth if we had a surrogate in Victoria. Unfortunately we are not in a position at present to move states.

I would hope to be involved with the surrogate during the pregnancy to experience and see the baby growing through the scans.
    The involvement with the surrogate after the birth would clearly depend on both parties thoughts on this but we are open to discuss thoughts and emotions surrounding this.

Thank you for your wishes, we are still hoping for a special person to help us fulfill our family dreams.

Cheers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your warm wishes Sophie11, it is greatly appreicated, it all helps