ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone tried naturopathy for recurrent blocked ducts? Or Lecithin?

Hi,

I am just wondering if anyone has tried seeing a naturopath for recurrent blocked ducts? Or has tried taking Lecithin daily?

I've had 4 bouts of Mastitis and now am getting blocked ducts about every 2 weeks. I massage, use heat and ice etc but the only thing that clears the ducts is a couple of doses of ultrasound from the physio. So far, I seem to be warding off getting mastitis again.

I've no idea what's causing me to get blocked ducts, attachment is fine, he is clearing the breast, my bras are a good fit. I just wake up in the morning every few weeks, very full of milk and then after I feed DS I have a blockage left - for no apparent reason.

So, has anyone tried any alternative therapies to prevent getting blocked ducts? I wonder if it is something in my diet? Or if some kind of herbal thing might help?

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep I am in exact same position. I have started poke root, echinacea and fish oil and have had definite improvement.

Like you there is ni clear reason, I just have lumpy breast type which predisposes me to blocks.

I also cut out caffeine and alcohol, 2 big no no's. I also go no longer than 4 hrs between feeds day and night.

I have had 1blocked duct since starting which cleared after ultrasound and a single feed, and have had no more mastitis. I got that block after going 5 hours between feeds, twice in a row overnight

good luck it is hard having this prob, it does my head in at times!
    Last edited by purplecat; 01-06-2010 at 19:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh and I take the lecithin or what it is called but not regularly!!!