Poll: Do you/will you go back to work after having children? (under 2 years)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BH-bubhub View Post
    Did you go back (or are you planning to go back) to work after you had children?

(Lets say whilst your child is under 2 years old)

Did you want to - for your own sanity or career aspirations? Had to (for financial reasons)?
    Were happy to stay at home and care for your child(ren)?
    Couldn't go back to work because you couldn't find or couldn't afford the childcare?

Let us know!
    Yes I went back when DD1 was 1 year old, with DD2 I will return when she's 15 months officially ( on maternity leave form) however my husband may take some time and I'll return when she's 14 months

Own sanity but financially

I enjoyed my time, however I'm not a sahm and my 1st daughter is not a stay at home child, she loves daycare and all it brings.

I actually had to delay going back to work first time as I couldn't get childcare. 2nd time around we have found a great daycare but it's only from 15 months, we have been told we won't have an issue getting in this time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope. Well maybe two nights a week if I absolutely had to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am planning on going back to work after 1 year but this will all depend on how the year goes. I am luck to have a wonderful workplace that i can openly communicate with so the key for me is communication and looking after what my little ones need

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had to go back to work when my son was 4 months old for financial reasons and to this day I still wish I could have spent more time with him at home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone ,

DH and I made the decision well before the pregnancy that I would not be going back to work until our child is in kindy (around 3 or 4 years old I think?). This also depends on if I'm pregnant with our 2nd child around then. I realise circumstances may change over the years, but at this stage childcare while I'm at work is not an option financially, and we do not have relatives who could care for baby during the day.

I have been at home since January this year due to my contract at my last job expiring. DH and I decided that the stress of trying to find other employment while pregnant outweighed any potential benefits. We've been fortunate to have managed okay with our circumstances. However, I have been bored and missed the daily social interactions with other adults that comes with going to work. I'm hopeful that attending parenting groups after baby is born will help with this.