Poll: Do you/will you go back to work after having children? (under 2 years)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I went back to work last month when ds was 9 months

Thanks
    Reviews
    I couldn't bare to go back to work after having my last 2 babies and instead started my own business. I now earn 3 times more than what I did in my boring 9-5 job plus I have the benefit of being with my kiddies and doing something I love. Find something your good at, enjoy and then take it from there xoxo

3. The Following User Says Thank You to karisha For This Useful Post:

ToonZie  (01-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes, I went back to work- part time at first then full time after my first 2. I love work and the money meant we could buy a house and so on. We had excellent care for our kids from the age of 12 months at out local childcare centre. Now, my eldest has just started school and I have realised this is when I really need to be at home- to get them to and from school and to be part of their school lives and education. So, this time around, I will be staying off work for longer- but mainly as my 2 older ones will be at school. In my experience, working in the earlier years was better and if you have excellent care, then go for it, I say. It gets harder to work later when they start school.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wont be going back to work. That being said, I will be doing uni. The plan is that uni will take me 4 years and then I can go back to work and put bubs in preschool to get him/her school ready. Lol sounds like a brilliant plan........in theory. We shall see how it all goes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been at home since before DS1 was born. I was studying from home, until he was born.
    I'm starting my first year of Uni in January, I'm so excited

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will be returning to work for one day a week when my maternity leave is up, im going back purely for 3 reasons 1 I enjoy my job, 2 i don't want to resign a 3 in order to keep my RN registration you need to complete a certain amount of hrs each year. My mother in law will look after bub one day a week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had to return to work due to financial reasons just before my son's 1st birthday. As a teacher I was able to go back part time - 3 days per week. If I had the financial freedom to stay home with my boy I would have - no question about it. Fortunately my son is cared for by his grandparents when I am at work, so I know he is loved and nurtured all day long.

tiggerfields is offline Priestess of Kult K'iesha... Mooo!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I had to go back to work when DS was 6mo. It was very difficult.

Now happily I run my own business from home. When we are blessed with our new baby I'll continue to work from home, with a full-time nanny or au pair so I can duck out to meetings and do conference calls etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in my 2nd year off work. Yesterday a friend & ex collegue said "Do I miss work?' NO was my answer loving being a mum I'm just lucky DD husband has a gd salary & we have been financially able to cope on 1 wage. We did have a lot of things paid off eg cars and had a low mortgage plus we've had to adjust our spending i.e we go out less for dinner & entertainment movies etc - we hire a DVD & eat yummy meals at home. I'm just as busy without work & feel I'm still active in the community with my profession. I started a MUMS & BuBs tennis club to help women with new babies cope with PND & help them exercise to loose the baby bump, I became President of the Local Tennis club, Started a Data Base of local playgrounds for mums on FB Springfield Region's Parks Database, started my own Babysitting club with my friends, I enrolled in some courses to help kids with Dyslexia & now tutor 2 children on a Saturday and I'm even considering learning how to make glass mosaics. I actively assist mums with kinds of all ages with professional advice to concerns about children's educational/developmental issues. I also assist in a charity RETURN SERVE run by Tennis Qld to assist disadvantaged kids & Act4kids a charity to help abused & neglected kids all done in the spare time usually at night instead of wathcing TV. I take my DD to playgroup, Toddler Time at local library, music and gymboree classes plus I find time to exercise with a local Stroller bootcamp baby goes in the pram while I work out. Yes I'm busy but I still manage to cook clean , be eco friendly wash cloth nappies and iron (sometimes) as well as read a book for book club. So I don't miss working - I think I already have a full time job just being MUM to my DD under 2 is so important for me to stay home until she is 3 at least as this is the crucial age where they learn so much from their 1st teachers their mums & dads . But in saying that I'm sure any care provided it it good quality care is also beneficial to those mums who have to work because they don't have a choice or they choose to go to work that's totally their choice. But for me I chose to be a stay at home or as I say an out and about mum in the mornings we come home to sleep for our noon nap. LOL. I have a choice thankfully to my Darling Husband. I even entered a yummy mummy competition just to prove to all women that u don't have to show clevage or pose semi naked to be a real mum & even if sometimes I do wear my 17mths old breakfast lunch & dinner on me I'm still a yummy stay at home mummy. I'm #178 if you want to vote thanks.http://www.b105.com.au/win/yummy-mummy-2012/entrants2

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I work from home, I started when my youngest was 13 months old. I also study full time via distance education. I have a 2 and a half year old and a 15 month old at home with me full time. I am insane.