+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Who is TTC# 3 or thinking of trying for #3 come chat!!

i tried to look for a forum like this but couldnt find anything.. anyway i started another thread about wanting a girl, and talking a little bit about whats going on at the moment, i am a mum of 2 boys, 4 and almost 18 months.. i really feel like i want a 3rd and final baby, which i would love to be a girl but what ever happens happens.

i second guess what i want. my heart and head say different things some days. but i guess there is never a perfect time, and maybe just let it happens when it happens.

the boys can be a handful, but they both attend childcare atleast one day a week, and DS1 has just started kindy which is 4 sessions from July. i dont want huge age gaps in between my kids. and its not as though i feel like i just wanna get it over and done with, but it would be nice to have them all close together, and then be done with the baby making days. i dont wanna wait til my boys are both in school and then start all over again.

anyway we have been using condoms, well when i know is the risky time for about the last year, i know my cycle quite well. i went out for a girlfriends birthday on the 8th and come home a bit tipsy and was quiet fond of my DF didnt even realise were i was in my cycle. but the next day i thought oops... and checked an ovulation calendar and it was 3 days before ovulation. was talking to a friend about it and she said if im pregnant there would be a good chance of it being a girl and to look up the shettles method. im not com pletely sure if i believe in it or if its just luck of the draw but theres no harm in trying.

DF doesnt wanna talk about it right now.. basically doesnt wanna know about it until ive done a test.. i guess im a little excited and keep talking about maybe being pregnant, the past 2 days my nipples have been so sore and thats what happend with DS2 when i was early pregnant. im not testing until im well and truly late.. and then again if im not pregnant we dont know if we will start full on trying.. going to have a serious talk soon and hoping we are both on the same page.

so im due for my period on the 27th
    and currently 11dpo

please share your stories with me if you are TTC#3

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Jenna,

We are also TTC #3 (since March 2010) this is our 2nd cycle and i'm testing on the 27th (Thursday). We already have 2 little girls aged 2 years and 9 months! So like you we prefer the smaller age gap!
    My cycle was normal last month, I came off the pill the day before my period and got it when it was due and my last cycle was 30 days so i'm expecting this cycle to be anywhere between 28-30 days.
    We would love a little boy, but in saying that we are hoping to have 4 children so this isn't our last chance iykwim.
    The girls can be challenging but I love it and can honestly say i'd cope fine being home with 3 young kids, I really am enjoying this time in my life and am trying to cherish it as much as I can because children grow so fast!

Goodluck and I hope your BFP is just around the corner! (as is mine hehe)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey hun thanks for replying. wow your girls are young and very close together, if you can do it with those gaps so can i lol.. did you fall pregnant easily with the girls??

are you scared of having 3? sometimes i think well ive only got 2 hands, lol and also with kindy/school coming up for DS1 and having to take the 2 little ones. and wondering what ill be like being pregnant looking after my 2. but i just have such an overwhelming feeling to be pregnant and have another baby.

things are good now though.. finally get a bit more time to myself, boys sleep great, they play so well together and its easy for me to clean and get things done.

and its pretty much like a choice you have to make to commit your life to your kids. we often get a kid free night, but its hard to arrange.. so i think with 3 it will be very rare.. like never!! but im ok with what.

DF wont even talk to me about being pregnant and having a baby lol.. hes like i dont want to know anything until you test. cos i told him i really think i am pregnant because my nipples are soooo sore.

also this months bubs will be due in feb i think.. preg all through summer ahhhh... but my bday is the 6th so be very close to due date.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jennababe For This Useful Post:

Loh4  (19-07-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Jenna,

We are ttc #3 also. We have 2 boys aged 5 and 2. Im 24 an DF is 23. DF has always said that he is happy with the 2 and doesnt want anymore untill one day he turned around and said yeah come off the pill and we will see what happens. This is our 1st cycle off the pill and i think i may already be pg.
    As much as i want this i am aslo ****ting my self. The 2 boys can be so full on how will i cope with another?? DS1 is in pre school so nxt yr will be yr 1 and i know he will be great and always ask me if we are going to have a little girl. DS2 is alittle more full on but im hoping by the time bub comes he will be 3 and may have settled down. Same age gap as DS1 and he was great.
    This may sound bad i know i will be alittle dissapointed if its another boy as i was alittle with DS2 and there wll def be no more after this but i know i will get over it and love him just as much.
    I have told a few people that we maybe trying again and they say well i hope u get ur little girl this time which makes it hard.
    I have been taking calcium and mag tab and stopped DTD on CD11 so im hoping that it may have worked.
    Anyway ill stop. Goodluck and hope things work out. If we r both pg might see each other in the 'When r u Due' and both be having little girls

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jenna - lol yeah i've had a few of the 'you have your hands tied comments' but it just seems so natural to me? I never had issues falling pregnant with DD2, fell on my second cycle. DD1 is from a previous relationship and unplanned but I don't think I had trouble falling pregnant? Awww DF was abit like 'oh my goodness what am i agreeing to' haha when we decided on ttc #3, but he's so great with the kids and he's laid back so he's very excited!
    I honestly don't worry too much about having a 3rd baby, maybe i'm weird but it doesn't phase me much, i've never really struggled beyond coping levels with the girls. The first few weeks were tiring just getting into a routine and recovering from a c-section but I was fine after that.
    DD1 would be 2.5 years and DD2 would be 18 months if I am pregnant this cycle, so having had a 16 month gap already, that seems so easy haha

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Liddy For This Useful Post:

sunnysunshine  (19-07-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    TTC #3
    I have a 19 year old daughter who is pregnant with her 2nd bub and a 13 year old son who lives with me.
    long time since I have been pregnant

I'm waiting to be able to test early on Thursday.