Closed Thread
Page 1 of 84 1231151 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Bubs Due Oct/Nov/Dec 2010 #3

doughnut - welcome and congratulations. iodine is recommended as it helps to regulate the thyroid and there is a higher chance of developing thyroid issues during pregnancy - can't remember why something to do with the hormones produced during pregnancy I think. I have a history of thyroid disease in my family so I make sure I get mine checked regularly, but forgot to tell my ob when I met him, so must remember that for my next appt. Blackmores pregnancy and breastfeeding has iodine in it.

Emma - hope your thyroid test comes back ok. some people develop a lump in their throat called a goiter when they have thyroid issues.

herewego - are you feeling better now? haven't started looking at maternity clothes yet, but can imagine the in between stage would be really hard. I agree with you on the heat thing, I am waiting to get warm, but am still freezing all the time as usual.

May - no ms for me. feel pretty lucky. Hope your scan went well yesterday, can't wait to hear all about it.

pigglet - wow 3kgs for twins, that is not much, but sounds like you find it hard to put on weight, although I don't think it really matters to much as long as the bubs are doing what they are supposed too. I did read somewhere, that you don't really start putting on a lot of weight till after 20 weeks.

Pls - congratulations, I will defintiely be interested to hear how many you have in there. My clinic are dead against transferring 2 till after you have been through about 5 unsuccessful transfers.

Zac - hello, glad to hear all is going well.

smiley - that is so exciting feeling bubs move and that DH got to feel her too.

Cazz - happy birthday for yesterday. Hope you had a lovely day. Did DH do anything special for you?

Peanut - wow, another announcement at the same time, shame, but at least you will have a pg buddy.

hello to everyone else.

AFM - still feeling pretty fine. stayed at M&FIL's last night as our floorboards are getting sanded and polished. they are nice, but kind of get on my nerves, they are obsessed with the idea that I am going to have a boy and carry on about it everytime I see them, (MIL saw a psychic who said we are goign to have a boy - I don't believe in psychics). it is so annoying, I just want a healthy baby, it doesn't matter what sex it is. I want a girl now though just to prove them wrong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jai - glad to hear you are still feeling well...looks like you will be one of the lucky one to escape the m/s. Don't you just love it when people focus on bub being a particular sex. I always say, "well you have a 50% chance of being right". But after what we have all been through, does it really matter what it is? As long as it is healthy!

Cazz - glad you had a great birthday! I have been thinking about quiche for the past 24 hours

Emma - I hope everything is okay with your results....maybe she was just measuring the actual thyroid. Yay for baby stuff shopping/investigating! Have fun, but don't faint at the prices!!

Herewego - OMG....that is very exciting that Dr Neppe wrote the forward to the book - yes he is my ob! My copy is about 5 years old......I will have to go to the book shop and have a read! When I was researching a bit about him, he seemed to have been everywhere - Royal Flying Doctors and King Edward most recently. He is also a consultant at Fertility North now as well....which is where I saw his card. I will have to buy a new copy of 'What to Expect" and get him to sign it....... he will think I am a freak!! By the way....I am loving kiwi fruit as well....was actually disappointed when DD wanted the last one yesterday!! I nearly said, "I flip you for it".

Smiley - hope you are resting up! So exciting that you can feel bub and that DH can feel her too. It is an amazing feeling. I have been feeling bub, but I think it will be a while before DH gets to feel it as my extra padding around the middle softens the blow a bit!

Peanut - glad your ob appointment went well! Your big announcements are getting mucked around . Hopefully you can do it next week!

Zac - glad everything is going well for you. your scan must be soon?

Hello to everyone else.

We had our scan yesterday and got to see our beautiful bub! However, he/she was a tad camera shy and just didn't want to play the game. 'It' was head down, with it's head tilted right back and with it's spine facing out...if that make sense. So it made it very difficult for the sonographer to see it's brain properly. They checked the limbs (ten little fingers and ten little toes ), the heart, the stomach organs etc and all was good, but they want me to go back in 2 weeks to have another scan. Both the sonographer and the doctor (who was in the room the whole time??) assured me that they can't see anything wrong - they just can't get a good look at the brain with bub in the position it was in - so couldn't do the checks they need to do. Bub is measuring exactly 20 weeks (I was exactly 19 yesterday) - they said that is okay, as long as they measure a week either side of their date. So all good really - just need to go back to get the total story. DD came and said she saw it blink!!! I think it might have been the heart flashing away. And herewego - no there were no dangly bits I could see - but I don't think I would be able to make it out anyway....it all looks the same!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    May - your scan sounds amazing. shame he/she wasn't behaving, but that means you get to see bubs again in a couple of weeks. I agree, after what we've been through, it doesn't matter what it is, just healthy is all I really want. I mainly get upset about it as one of my Nana's played favourites with her grand children and it was really upsetting for me as a child and I don't want that to happen to our kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cazz - hi. We must have posted at the same time, enjoy your day off!

May - yay for the great scan, and another to come!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You guys all seem like you are getting so close when I have 31 weeks to go! And I feel huge. Just weighed myself and I have put on 2.5kg! In 9 weeks....is that strange? Im normally 54/55 kilos and it feels like I am HUGE!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Peanut - Aveda products are soooo beautiful aren't they? Sounds like a lovely day planned. Have fun!!

Jai - Thank you! DP bought me a digital SLR camera and some cooking books so I was very spoiled. I hope you have a girl now too! Would be great to prove them wrong! My Dad is convinced mine is a girl, I get the feeling he'll be disappointed if it's a boy

May - Yay for seeing your bub! Boo for it not playing fair! At least you get to go back and see it again soon!

AFM - I just had a strange experience. I went shopping & bought DP a few shirts, when the assistant said "is that cheque or savings?" I nearly started bawling! I had to stop & catch my breath. I just want to cry I'm thinking it might have been from my friend & her babies visiting yesterday. It was just so overwhelming, when DP got home I started bawling because I thought I wouldn't be a good mum. Damn these hormones are killing me! I was on such a pregnancy high!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lulu - You tiny to begin with so that probably why you feel huge ...you skinny mini (not jealous much )

Cazz - is that why you got the ice cream ...i'm still thinking about ...oh hang on i think i still have a ice cream in the fridge at work) your going to be a great mum now tell those hormones to stop playing with your mind ...(but we have all been there i was there only last week)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Zac - to you too (hope you see this)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cazz - You poor lovie. Those hormones certainly do strange things to us. I am sure that seeing your friend yesterday with 3 children to look after (one being an active 3 year old) probably has played on your mind a little today. You will be a great mum....the best! It is natural to be a little anxious about the changes ahead...hey it is hard work! But the most wonderful experience. Just remember that the worst they can do is cry when they are new born (and boy can they do alot of that ).

I must admit I am pleased (probably not the right word, but you know what I mean) to hear that some of you are quite emotional.....I thought I was going crazy. I woke up the other morning after having a dream about a guy I used to go out with about 12 years ago. He was really mean to me in my dream and was cheating on me....I woke up and started sobbing!!!! What is with that??? Apart from the fact that I haven't seen this person in about 11 years, never think about him, don't give a toss about him??? I thought I was going around the twist....but just the hormones!! I guess we all thought the emotional rollercoaster ended with IVF....but it is just a different one!

Zac - Happy birthday to you!!! Hope you have a great day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi lovelies,
    We did the HCG level BT today.... YES we are pregnant (der we knew that) but stupid QML Pathology only ran the yes or no test not the levels... so im no further better off.Grrr Clinic are going to chase it up & see if they can run the quantitive test that they were meant to & get back to me on monday if they get any answers otherwise its off for the Scan to check heartbeats & how many on or around 9th June,which is the day after our wedding anniversary,interesting.So have another 2w4days till we find out 1 or 2 I'll be pulling my hair out well n truly out by then.thats a longer wait then my 2WW was. Our EDD is 26th Jan 2011 !!!