+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 58 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey TahliB, it is awesome to be able to talk to people in the same position!

We're at the very start of the process, still waiting on an invite to an information session but hopefully won't be too long until we can get the ball rolling. It's obviously going to be a slow process but will feel better about it once I know I've done something haha. How are you finding it all?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm at the same point as you - maybe we will see each other at an information session!

I'm a bit disappointed at the lack of information and really love that I found this thread!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is very hard to find information but I'm sure there's a method behind it. Maybe the effort you have to go to just to find out the process already weeds out the first group of people who aren't fully committed. This thread has proved invaluable so far

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's true, I'm just one of those people that want to know everything and anything as soon as possible haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, just letting you know that there is a group on Facebook - "Victorians awaiting adoption and permanent care".

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi TwoDads!!

Welcome What an exciting start to your journey, albeit a nerve wracking one. The information session was well worth it, and I hope you get a lot from it too when you get there. I forget, but are you going to attend both the PC and adoption info sessions?

Tahli, thanks so much for the Facebook group - I may request to join. How wonderful!

My partner and I are a little disillusioned at present too - we had sent off paperwork to register for an information session for foster care with our local agency between the Easter and ANZAC weeks (bad timing, I know), and we called up to enquire if they had received it. Unfortunately they hadn't, after much searching around and asking three people in the office... then we were informed that someone would call us back this afternoon to organise a time to do a home visit and go through the paperwork - this never came; I ended up calling them at half past four to see what was happening and everyone that was meant to call back had left for the day. I suppose this is a testament to the foster system - incredibly overworked and understaffed/under resourced...

It's quite frustrating when there are kids out there who need us

Anyway, sorry about the sudden negative turn.

Looking forward to hearing about your journey too, TwoDads.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It gets so frustrating when you just want an answer! I think it's also because we are so ready for things to progress so it's hard to slow down and wait

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all... good to see the communication & support flowing nicely on here.... I had to play a little catch up!

Welcome TahliB, Two Dads, Saffronsunshine... & anyone else I've missed who's recently become active on this thread xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Munchkin19 View Post
    Hi TwoDads!!

Welcome What an exciting start to your journey, albeit a nerve wracking one. The information session was well worth it, and I hope you get a lot from it too when you get there. I forget, but are you going to attend both the PC and adoption info sessions?

Tahli, thanks so much for the Facebook group - I may request to join. How wonderful!

My partner and I are a little disillusioned at present too - we had sent off paperwork to register for an information session for foster care with our local agency between the Easter and ANZAC weeks (bad timing, I know), and we called up to enquire if they had received it. Unfortunately they hadn't, after much searching around and asking three people in the office... then we were informed that someone would call us back this afternoon to organise a time to do a home visit and go through the paperwork - this never came; I ended up calling them at half past four to see what was happening and everyone that was meant to call back had left for the day. I suppose this is a testament to the foster system - incredibly overworked and understaffed/under resourced...

It's quite frustrating when there are kids out there who need us

Anyway, sorry about the sudden negative turn.

Looking forward to hearing about your journey too, TwoDads.
    How'd you go with this Munchkin19, any further updates to your missing foster care registration paperwork??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TahliB View Post
    That's true, I'm just one of those people that want to know everything and anything as soon as possible haha
    Ha ha... I'm a bit like you too Tahlia B... but I think one of the best things to know throughout this process is your capacity for patience & resilience!
    The waiting game is the worst part... but then before you know it, you'll be looking back remembering it from the other side of the process. Xx