ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 68 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    That's awesome, very happy for you

I've found the timetable for the adoption sessions but not for PC. Either way I'm sure they will let me know.

Was the application process long? I know you have to have medical checks, police check, WWC check - what else do they look at? Sorry again for the questions, I really appreciate you answering!

Hopefully you get your second cal soon! Was it easier for you this time because you had already adopted?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Found out today that the next information sessions for PC are in June and July - hopefully there is space for us! Looks like we won't be able to attend an information session for adoption until September - looks like we just need to be patient!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Time lines

Hi, I just thought I'd let you know about my time line. We first called to show our interest in November of 2014. We didn't get invited to an info session until May 2015. We were then invited to training days in October 2015. We got all of our paperwork in around Easter of 2016 and only got a case worker in March of this year. It is a big waiting game. I know at our first info session they said we'd be registered in around 1 year. Nope, now 2 years later and we're not yet registered. Also to note, there has been no reason for our hold ups. It's just a long process.
    I wish you the best of luck, but be prepared for a long wait.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to adorelgc For This Useful Post:

Mave  (08-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much adorelgc for letting me know about your timeline, it's really good to hear people's stories. Did they say why things took so long or just that is how it is? I guess we'll just have to learn to be extremely patient!

Also, just out of curiosity, are you doing adoption or PC, or both?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi TahliB,

Wow what a wait - it will be worth it though. You get a lot of things to think about and a LOAD of information. Before you know it, June, July and September will be around - this year has flown by at a ridiculous rate already. My advice is - write down as many questions as possible and bring them with you. You may find that most of them will be answered, however there may be a few that aren't. The way that the session was run that we attended was that you could ask as many throughout the session, but if it would be covered later in the presentation, you'll be asked to wait and see if you've received what you were asking for when the topic arises. If not, then they would've clarified/expanded.

Adorelgc, you must have the patient of a Saint. It is so frustrating and even though the steps to getting registered are getting closer, the process is still so long and challenging to handle. I wish you all the best for 2017 and beyond - I hope you get registered ASAP!

Munchkin.

I forgot to add - we have opted to do both the PC and adoption pathways. The PC information session we're attending is in May.
    Last edited by Munchkin19; 02-05-2017 at 07:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the info and advice Munchkin19! So you've attended an adoption information session and are attending the PC one this month?

Agree completely, adorelgc I'm wishing you all the best that you're wait isn't too much longer!!

Did anyone else find that there isn't a lot of information out there about adoption and PC in VIC?

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is such a scarcity of information out there for PC and adoption, I guess that's why there is the info sessions. The Victorian Infant Adoption website can offer some info, but the rest you learn from others who've been there, done that, and by attending. It felt like a bit of a lonesome path to be honest, because so many parental forums focus on surrogacy, IVF and natural conception that adoption/PC is often overlooked. It's fantastic and heartening to see there's still a few active people in 2017, considering how long ago this thread started!

And yes, we attended the adoption session on the 24th April and will be attending the PC soon!! Argh! Will keep you all posted.

Munchkin

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree, it's great to have people in here to talk to about everything!

Definitely keep us posted! I can't wait to attend the info sessions!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Starting the journey

Hi all,

Like many, I've been a keen observer of this thread for quite a while and thought it was time to join!

My partner and I have been together for 7 years and traveled to New York last year to be Married. Children is something that we've both always wanted but both being male, obviously there are a few obstacles to overcome haha.

We're now starting the journey of applying for PC and possibly Adoption, we'll attend training sessions for both and see how we go after that.

Great to see this forum still going and look forward to keeping up with all the developments

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Two Dads For This Useful Post:

Mave  (08-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Two Dads! Great to have you join us have you attended the information sessions yet? How are you finding everything?

It's nice to have people to share this journey with!