+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3442434445 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Girls, I know this isn't a very active thread.. But incase anyone pops in here again soon..

I'd like to know what people's opinions are of how it would be viewed if you still had frozen embryos & were applying for adoption?

My situation is that we do have a frozen embryo, but I have severe problems with my uterine lining & so will probably never be in a position to transfer that embryo. I'm slowly but surely giving up on my own body & am becoming more & more certain that adoption is the best path for us. But for ethical, & moral reasons I'm not prepared to actually just destroy that embryo. It goes against everything I believe in. I think after 5 years frozen you have to apply thru a special process if u wanted to keep Embryos frozen even longer, so I'd rather wait till we no longer have a realistic choice & then make that decision to let it go because there aren't any more options left.

But I feel like that will be looked upon negatively? Anyone who's done IVF before adoption able to comment or give your opinion?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello you may find the fact sheets on The Royal Women's Hospital Website useful. There are quite a few of them you can read.

here is the link: https://www.thewomens.org.au/health-...n/fact-sheets/

Scroll all the way down to the letter U and you will see there is a lot of information for you to read and think about. Good luck x

Quote Originally Posted by AnonymousMummy View Post
    Hi everyone. I realize this thread is old but its the first one to come up in my search results. I've found out today that I'm pregnant and for reasons, I cannot keep the baby. I've tried googling how to adopt out a baby but all I'm getting is how to adopt a baby. How do I start the process of adopting out? Thank you for reading this.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2017 info dates

Hi ladies,
    Tomorrow I am contacting our local agency to register for the info sessions, although I was wondering if anyone has the dates yet for 2017? The DHS website has not put them up yet. I am also based in the Mallee region, very willing to travel if need be for the sessions etc, has anyone from this region been through the local adoption process?
    Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi there everyone, Happy New Year to you all (can I still say that when its already 16 days old?!)- I love the possibilities that a fresh New Year brings!! Hope you all get to fill 2017 with more love, kindness, dream chasing and laughter than ever before!!

I'm new to posting here, but will admit that I have read this thread from start to finish on more than one occasion over the past 12-18months.

Its nice to be reminded of all the stories of those who have gone before you, that many of the worries and anxieties in this process are common place, and its so uplifting to read stories of success and joy after some very long waits and speed humps along the way

There seem to be many veterans on here, and some other newbies like me popping in and out...

I'm in Regional Vic... DH and I started our adoption/pc journey early last year, I think it was the end of March 2016 when I first made our enquiry to our local office by phone.
    We have completed all the info and training sessions (for both Local Infant Adoption and Permanent Care), and had confirmation that our application was received and completed in full late November 2016 - I think we have been extremely lucky in this process so far in regards to getting in to the training sessions etc in a pretty quick time frame. Our local agency emailed late November to say they will be back in touch in January to assign us our Case Worker... so so exciting!!

But geez... the anticipation, this past week in particular, is killing me - everyday I'm excited to think about receiving the call to kick off these interviews so we can get to the end of this process, be approved and have our names on that database - EEKK!!

Imagine what a nightmare I'll be once that's done, and I'm actually waiting for the big call - the main prize - Parent in Waiting no longer!!?? Ha ha Ha

So... perhaps there are a few more 'read-onlys' out there that I can prompt in to jumping on for a convo, and I look forward to hearing from the veterans of this thread when you pop in next for a chat

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mave For This Useful Post:

bezzy  (16-01-2017),Peninsula Girl  (16-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Maeve and welcome, I am a very lucky adoptive parent from Vic to a gorgeous 3 year old boy and I know too well the feeling of excitement you get with getting to each stage. It's so exciting so enjoy it and know that you're not far away from interviews and getting approved and onto the list to be matched! My hubby and I were approved again in July 2016 so we have been waiting almost 6 months for a match, we waited almost 5 months to be matched with our son. We were told this time it could take longer but its no easier, every day waiting for the phone to ring!! I hope your phone rings very soon with a social worker ready to start your interviews. Good Luck and keep us posted 😀

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow its amazing reading just how many people are in the same boat. I am unable to have children, so my husband and I have been going through the process of Adoption in Victoria.

We sent out initial email in to apply for adoption Jan 2015, we also opted to look into Permanent Care as well. We got into the information and training sessions for Permanent care very quickly as it was through our region, and then attending the information session for Adoption in Melbourne in Aug 2015. We then put in to attend the training session for Adoption, so we signed all of the paperwork to allow them to contact our Drs etc. By Jan 2016 we had not heard anything about the training session so we contacted our regions team, who told us that the Drs had not yet passed on hubby's medical info. Chased that up and we got into the training session by April 2016. Training was amazing, we met 4 couples with their beautiful adoptive children.

We then got our Application pack. Oh my what a lot of work was needed. We decided to only go for Adoption and put permanent care aside for the time being. We got all out application completed by July 2016. Early Dec 2016 we were advised we had been assigned a case worker, it was one of the best Christmas presents I could ask for. We have had our first meeting with her, with 2 more scheduled in the next 2 weeks. We are most likely going to be presented to the June board so fingers crossed we get approved!!!!

Its been a long two years so far, but we are in it for the long haul.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good Luck with your interviews, it's such an exciting time! We got approved at a September panel and we're placed 5 months later in February. Fingers crossed it all happens fast for you too. We are currently waiting to be matched a second time, but are told second time round can take a bit longer. Keep us posted!
    And enjoy your final stage. Ps the interviews are more the social worker just getting to know you better so you can be matched with the right baby 😀

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi gusandmeg & lifes4living!

Gusandmeg... my fingers & toes are crossed for you that you get that call soon... I imagine it's all the more harder the second time round after tasting that deliciousness of being match with your son!

Lifes4living, you must be so relieved that you thought to chase up where your application was at & make sure the ball was still rolling!

I've just found out that we will also be looking towards panel interview for approval in June!
    We've just found out who our case worker is & will have our first interview early March.

I'm feeling way more content now that I have a date to work too!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, it's wonderful to read your stories and to hear your successes!

We submitted our EOI paperwork last year and are now booked in for training in late April. I have this feeling that this whole process is going to happen very slowly which is frustrating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone,
    I have been reading through this thread and it has been wonderful to hear everyone's stories.
    I have always wanted a child and have been trying IVF as a single woman for some time. Dose anyone know if you can be accepted to adopt as a single person? I have noticed everyone's posts have been "we" "us" etc