+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question searching for nanny...

Does anybody know of the best way to find a 'good' nanny?
    Unfortunately last gal we had was great but fell in love with a boy who soon took over the priority from work.
    This time though I'm thinking of looking for somebody more mature (eg. empty nester) but really not sure where to start looking for them.
    Also, FYI if you do know anybody - live in Indooroopilly Brisbane - will need at least 25 hrs a week to start with a view to more. One nearly 12 mth old baby girl to look after .
    cheers,
    Kylie

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mumto1 For This Useful Post:

Heyside (26-10-2015),LaDiDah (31-08-2014),peanutmonkey (06-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Care Events for Nannies

check out www.cefn.org.au and www.careforkids.com.au

Have you thought about contacting the local providers of Child-care Training courses and seeing if you can place an advert on the student noticeboard?

There are some terrific web-sites with info on helping you to choose a nanny and keep her... try www.nanny.org and www.4nannies.com - they are American but have some terrific articles.

using an agency can help a lot, perhaps paying that little bit extra ensures a more professional outcome, the agency should support you to make the best possible choice and provide follow up support to both you and the Nanny

either way, communication right from the start is the key

K

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks for those leads - i did post on uni websites and am starting to meet a couple of people.

Thanks
    Reviews

Smile Heaps of Options

If you have only one child a great option is a nanny mummy. Many nannies have been in the industry for seven years plus - have met the man of their dreams and started having their own babies. Some parents fear that a nanny bringing their own child to work will spend more time on their own child than yours. If you hire a professional nanny, this is not the case. I used to offer this service for four years and I know many girls in Sydney still do (I'm 36 years old but I'm still a girl at heart !). I was in demand for my services and only 'retired' when I fell pregnant with my third child. Even then the calls still came, but I had to put my foot down.
    Nanny Mummies offer routines, activities, stability and social opportunities for your family. Even when kids were sick, I would still go to work. If children are cared for with good hygiene in mind, illnesses are not transmitted. I'm referring to the common childhood illnesses - colds, chicken pox etc. If meningitis was on the list, I would stay clear. It was only when I took a break from caring for other families that mine came down with chicken pox !
    There are some terrific agencies to help place nannies, but please be aware our industry is unregulated, so you have to check them out as you would a nanny !
    Returning phone calls promptly is a good indicator of their future service.
    I hope you have the nanny of your dreams by now, if not don't hesitate to email me for individual advice. barefootnanny@hotmail.com

Best Wishes

Marina

Thanks
    Reviews

Smile finding a nanny

Hi there!

this is an old post so you may have found your nanny by now - but in Brisbane I do know of a company who trains and hires out nannys - go to

http://www.charltonbrowngroup.com.au/

Have not used them myself so this is not a recommendation as such, but I know of them as a member of Women's Network Australia (which I was part of when I was working).

Hope this helps!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My friend runs an agency called nightnannies.com.au try that

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Great Nanny Agency

I use a fantastic Nanny agency called The International Nanny Boutique. They are alot cheaper than others around like Charlton Brown. I have had 2 really good Nannies from them, the number is 0405384666 if you want to give them a call. I know they do Nannies, Night Nannies and Aupairs . Anyway hope this helps. Good Luck

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Nanny troubles

I am currently working as a live-in nanny myself and have previously worked as a live-out nanny for many families.
    Usually I find my work through word of mouth or through Gumtree (A free ad site). The only risk is it is not through an agency, but I have always found, agency or not, that it is really all about how you feel about the potential nanny.
    Using an agency takes the hassle out of the process for you but it's not too strenuous to do it independently and you get the chance to completely screen all potential candidates yourself.
    Best advise I can give you if you want to do it yourself is write out a sort of job description, list exactly what you expect of the nanny, hours, all the main 'what-ifs' eg, over night jobs, pay, a bit about you and your child and what the nanny will expect from you. Have a look on the web for some examples and cherry pick the parts that apply to you! Then post a brief ad on Gumtree or similar and reply with the job description to the responses that you like, you'll quickly work out who you like and who you don't. You will get time wasters and people who are not right for the position who reply to everything but you might just find that one gem who is perfect for you and your family!
    Big tip: if you have any doubts, don't do it. You have to have complete trust in a nanny, but I have found that Gumtree etc is the best way to find someone.
    Feel free to get in touch if you have any more questions.