+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Any success stories with FET??

Hi

I'm looking for any advice or, hopefully,success stories about using frozen embryos? We have just had our third failed ICSI/IVF cycle....got today, which is disappointing and sad. We have 3 blastocytes on ice. We are now deciding whether to transfer them immediately, or wait for a full cycle to pass. Has anyone had any experience with this....is it best to wait a cycle? what are the success rates of FET?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Shirleysmum,
    I dont personally have a success story, still trying but a friend on bubhub had her last from Embryo transferred, it stuck and now she has found out she is having identical twins so it can work.

They say that frozen blasties have a better survival rate and chance of pregnancy than a 2 day old frozen embryo which i had. They didnt survive their thaw. Anyway you have 3 blasties so thats a good start.
    Have you thought about giving your body a months rest before doing the FET?

Slp

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am one of those ladies that have had success with FET. I had a day2 put in in July last year. I was taking blackmore pregancy and breastfeeding tablet for about 2 to 3 month before and i am sure that what helped me. But sadly it ended ina stillborn in December last year.......I have now gone back for another FET and i have been back on the blackmore tablets again.....I only had FET on 5th May and i am pretty sure that it has worked again as i have sore(.)(.) and am getting cramping feeling and tighting feeling down low and today i stayed it feel like i wanted to. I daont test until the 20th May.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Shirleysmum,

Firstly sorry about your recent BFN

I have only ever had one stim cycle which was in April 2008, it resulted in a lot of embryos, all 21 embryos were frozen at day 2.

We had 4 FET's throughout 2008, the last of which resulted in a BFP, I gave birth to a healthy baby girl in June 2009, she was full term.

We returned to IVF and our frozen embryos in February 2010, our first FET we were lucky enough to get a BFP, I am currently 13 weeks pregnant with my second "IVF Frosty" baby.

FETs can definitely work...I think the sometimes get a bad name, but there are actually lots of FET success stories out there.

All the best

MM

Thanks
    Reviews
    shirleysmum - I am 10 weeks pregnant from my 2nd FET (3rd transfer). I never planned on going through the stim cycle again until I had used up all my frostys and am very pleased that the 2nd one worked. We still have 2 left. My clinic said I had to have a months break between the stim cycle and my first FET. Good luck.

HelenHasTwins is offline Oh the love I have for my twin boys! How wonderful a feeling it is...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep my boys are from a FET

all the best with you transfer.

and just for the record, I had 4 full stem cycle's before all resulting in BFN...so I really thing our first FET was the final winner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Me too !!

I had a FET 1 embie transferred 2 dayer 4 cell ...resulting in twins

I preferred the FET to the full cycle less stress on the body i took no extra drugs to help kept it completely natural ..i also rested after the trasnfer for 6 days (might have rested too much seeing i'm having twins) ..but that was a tip from a fellow IVFer from way back (12yrs ago actually) who told me that she has success with her transfer when she rested and stayed warm (not over heated but snug under the covers)

Emma

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Shirley'smum,

Sorry to hear about your BFN.

I had 8 full stim cycles and 8 FET's, one chem
    preg from a stim cycle, one chem preg from an FET and I am pleased to say I am now 14 weeks pregnant from an FET - 6 day blasto. So definitely do believe that FET's work and they are much easier not so many drugs, injections etc.

Best of luck I hope your next transfer brings you success.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everyone for your thoughts and comments...you have boyed by spirits and lifted my optimism. Sounds like it is less demanding on my body - less injections etc. I think I'll give my body and mind a month off (its been nearly 2 years, so what is a month in the bigger scheme of things, right?). I'm going to treat myself with a few glasses of red wine and get back to boot camp, then I'll be a better place to go again.

Good luck to each of you all on your individual journey. Let's hope it is babies all 'round!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Shirleysmum might sound silly but a few girls that have taken a break managed to fall naturally I can't see your sign from the phone but stranger things have happened

slp - I just realised you must have been talking about me lol I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you too lovelly