+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default North Shore Nanny!

Hello there!

I'm a full time nanny on the Lower North Shore of Sydney & I'm looking for activities around the area that I can take the children I care for to.

I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas? I'm open to anything that's funny and nanny friendly as I like to talk to other adults during the day.

I do around 50 hours a week so adult company is welcomed sometimes!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    ** bump **

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there,

I'm also a nanny though unfortunately not in your area. I would suggest you search around for a local playgroup, mothers group, etc. If there aren't any groups on the bubhub site then maybe have a flick through a Sydney's Child magazine (you can get these free in various places, libraries, chemist, kids toy stores, etc) or even ring your local council, they should be able to give you a list of playgroup's in the area.

In the meantime, try taking the kids to a kindergym, kindermusik, rhymtime at the library (or books & bickies, depending on how old the children are) to give you a bit of adult interaction (even if it's not a lot) I'm not sure how many other families are in your area but sometimes I even find that the park usually has some other kiddies/parents or taking the kids out for lunch or to the shops gives me a bit of non-Wiggles-and-pipe-cleaners-time. It doesn't sound like much but it makes a diffference!!

I know what its like to ONLY be around the children for 10hrs a day, 5 days a week! I love my job and have a lot of fun with the children I care for, but sometimes you just want a bit of adult interaction. The family I am currently with have a total understanding of that and are happy for me to take the kids to meet a girlfriend or my husband for lunch (though I tend to just stick to meeting up with friends that also have kids)

I hope you find something in your area!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Wherabout in the north shore?

In in Wollstonecraft, so I know the parks around here pretty well.

How old are children? My own boy is 18 months old and the two boys i usually baby sit, on different days, are 12 and 24 months, so I'm very familliar with activities for that particular age group within walking distance of crowsnest

Theres a great playgroup at the TAFE in crowsnest, I know also there are a few nannies who go there.

Otherwise, theres a fab little toddler park corner of sophia and burlington lane in crowsnest, it can be empty, but if there is anyone there they're usually pretty chatty, because its a small, quiet, fenced toddler park (though children over 3 would probably be a bit bored there)

The library at north sydney has things on during the week for bubs and toddlers and preschoolers, maybe have a look at that?

Oh and Kid Central in chatswood chase its awesome, though, again, for younger toddlers.

I dunno, thats just my local area, couple of things I've thought of.

I'm also pretty sure there was a "nannies group" - like a mothers group - at St Leonard park the other day.... so... maybe thats something to see if you can find or organise, something like that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SleeplessBeauty View Post
    Wherabout in the north shore?

In in Wollstonecraft, so I know the parks around here pretty well.

How old are children? My own boy is 18 months old and the two boys i usually baby sit, on different days, are 12 and 24 months, so I'm very familliar with activities for that particular age group within walking distance of crowsnest

Theres a great playgroup at the TAFE in crowsnest, I know also there are a few nannies who go there.

Otherwise, theres a fab little toddler park corner of sophia and burlington lane in crowsnest, it can be empty, but if there is anyone there they're usually pretty chatty, because its a small, quiet, fenced toddler park (though children over 3 would probably be a bit bored there)

The library at north sydney has things on during the week for bubs and toddlers and preschoolers, maybe have a look at that?

Oh and Kid Central in chatswood chase its awesome, though, again, for younger toddlers.

I dunno, thats just my local area, couple of things I've thought of.

I'm also pretty sure there was a "nannies group" - like a mothers group - at St Leonard park the other day.... so... maybe thats something to see if you can find or organise, something like that
    WOW! Thank you ever so much!

That was a total wealth of information. I really appreciate it!

I work for 2 families both have 17 month olds and a 3 year old. One is in Neutral Bay, one is in Willoughby and I myself live in Cammeray.

You really do know your area! Perhaps I will see you around sometime!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Do you drive the kids around?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do indeed Forkie, why do you ask?