+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default TTC after coming off pill, irregular cycle - HELP!

Hi everyone

I had been on the pill for 3 years and went off it 1 Oct 2009.

Since then, I had a period early November, then not again until Jan 23, then not again until March 23. It's now May 11 and I still haven't gotten another (but am unfortunately definitely not preggers).

So my cycle is all over the place and we are desperately trying to concieve, but I have no idea when I am ovulatin (or if I even am at all!). Attempting to track CM changes hasn't been a success, even that seems irregular! My periods were regular before going on the pill.

My doctor said to simply wait, that this happens sometimes after coming off pill and given my age (23) I shouldn't be worried, especially as I have had SOME periods, but I'm going insane here.

Anyone had any similar experiences?? What did you do?? Any help/advice would be MUCH appreciated, thanks so much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey I have had the same experience, I have had a cycle lasting around 38 days, so I am keeping a good record of what is happening and I have purchased an ovulation kit of ebay to help out! ( I am waiting to use.)
    I think it is just one of those things that time will tell - I am the most impatient person ever.
    Hope it all works out

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know how you feel!
    I went to the chemist the other day and bought the natures own conception support pills. They say on the box that they have something in them to help regulate your cycle.
    I've only just started taking them so cant say weather it helps, but might be worth a try!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's pretty normal for your cycle to get back on track. I also went off the pill Sept last year, I got a period within a couple of weeks, but then nothing for about 2 months. After that they were a little hit and miss but for the last 2 months they've been regular. I was on the pill for 7 years. I've been trying to get UTD for the last 2 months now, I kinda figured we'd just DTD every second day and then hopefully I'll get it eventually!

I think it just takes time. My doc also told me your period will generally go back to how it was before you went on the pill, so if you were irregular before, you'll probably be irregular after you stop. Mine were 32 days before the pill, now hopefully they are back to 32 days, but it took me 6 months to get back to that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the support, everyone. Sometimes it's just nice to know that other people are in (or have been in) the same situation!

Gembers, I haven't tried those Nature's Own vitamins, I went through a whole box of the Blackmore's Conceive Well without any changes. What has actually helped me a bit (I think) are the Vitex Castus herb vitamins. The two last times I've gotten my period, it was about midway through those. But then again, that may have been coincidence. I actually just finished another container of them today, but haven't seen AF yet so am thinking that I was probably going to get my period those 2 other times anyway and the Vitex just helped it along? They are meant to help regulate cycles. Anyone else use them?

So frustrating! I know it will be hard enough to fall pregnant when you ARE regular, and it so it makes it that much harder not even knowing when you are ovulating! Grr.

But yes, patience is a virtue, isn't it. Just gotta wait.
    Last edited by bethiew; 12-05-2010 at 08:44. Reason: spelling error

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Go see your naturopath and get some accupuncture. The pill can stuff you up a lot, and it isnt really " normal". Come join us in the Charting BBT thread and Long Cycles thread. I hate to say this, but you may not be ovulating, I really hope you are, but it is possible that you are not. You can still get a " period" without ovulation - it is called an anovulatory cycle.

Try charting your temp and then at leat you can see if you are ovulating, just a lot later than most people. There are a lot of women out there going through the same thing so you are definitely not alone! Big hugs to you, and as I said, the ladies in the other threads are a great support!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi again, thought that since I've created this thread, I may as well post my other question here. Feeling a bit silly but may as well get some feedback!

So hubby and I have only BDed twice in the last couple of weeks (we've both been sick with colds!), once last Monday and once the Monday before. The last week I have had sore nipples, not sore breasts but just sore nipples when I press on them (and I never get sore breasts, not even when period is due).

I noticed my CM was extremely watery and excessive around the time we first BDed, and just last night I had a really big amount of white, thick, blobby CM (sorry if TMI). I've been trying to chart my BBT for the last couple of weeks, and it has risen from about 35.85 to 36 and stayed at 36 for the last few days.

Could these be signs of pregnancy? My hubby reckons my breasts feel a lot fuller too, he has said that numerous times in the last week, even though I haven't noticed myself.

Any thoughts?? Am I just wishful thinking, as surely the odds are against me seeing I don't even know when I was ovulating or when my period is due!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It is possible darl. Do you have a coverline with your temps...as in are your high temps consitently higher than at least the previous 6 temps before they went up? If so that would indicate that you have O'd and if you BD around O time there is every possiblity. FX for you darl!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, see, I only started taking my temps around 2 weeks ago, and they were consistently around 35.75/35.85 then the last two days have risen to 36. So not sure what that means as I have nothing to compare it to with other months!

Do you think the CM thing is a sign of early pregnancy? Are we normally 'dry' until AF comes?

Thanks for you help, by the way!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thats ok!

From what Ive read, CM isnt one of the indicators for early pregnancy, but I guess it could be ig you new more about your body from previous months. Its all a bit of flying blind on your first month or two, Im sorry.

it does sound like you had fertile CM when you BDd though and that can only be a good thing!