+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default 13 weeks post partum bleeding... TMI

Hi,

So I'm 13 weeks post baby... haven't 100% stopped bleeding yet... not even going through one pad a day, but just a little bit of light pink / brown discharge a day... just went to loo before and it is bright red again... does anyone know why? I would have thought that if there was any placenta left or anything, that I would have got an infection and sick a lot sooner...

I have felt a little discomfort in the lower abdomen/uterus area the last day or so, but nothing major, just put it down to doing too much... so am I still bleeding from birth, or is it my period? Can I tell the difference? Should I go to the doctor?

A.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im not really sure... I bled for 6 wks after both births so 13 wks seems kinda long to me...

I know that if you are especially active etc it can make the bleeding go on for longer, so have you been really busy lately?? Maybe the red blood is from something that you have been doing recently? Like moving house, lifting things etc?? I dont think its your period though. Are you breast or bottle feeding??

Sorry, not really much help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'd be going to the doctor. Sounds like too long for me. I stopped completely by 6 weeks. Go tomorrow if you can.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babylove81 View Post
    Hi,

So I'm 13 weeks post baby... haven't 100% stopped bleeding yet... not even going through one pad a day, but just a little bit of light pink / brown discharge a day... just went to loo before and it is bright red again... does anyone know why? I would have thought that if there was any placenta left or anything, that I would have got an infection and sick a lot sooner...

I have felt a little discomfort in the lower abdomen/uterus area the last day or so, but nothing major, just put it down to doing too much... so am I still bleeding from birth, or is it my period? Can I tell the difference? Should I go to the doctor?

A.
    I had very similar experience with Kobi. I went to the docs and everything only to be told it was still post partrum bleeding. during week 15 it started to get heavier and a brighter red. I went back to the docs and was told that it was my AF returning. I felt a little discomfort in the abdominal area a few days to a week before the color change and volume change.

This maybe what is happening to you but if you are worried maybe head in and see your GP.

Broni

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had almost stopped bleeding (just a bit of pinky stuff) at about 4 weeks and then all of a sudden it was bright red and SOOOO heavy. My doctor said it was my period. I had a bit of discomfort in my uterus area for a few days before that but just put it down to CS pain.

I think its a period.. but if ur worried going to the docs cant hurt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks girls... well I have no idea what is going on! It was red for like 4 hours and now its brown again and just looks like old blood still being expelled from birth, etc. And it wasn't heavy @ all! Maybe I had just done too much this week, as we have been extraordinarily busy! I'm going to the doctor on Tuesday, so will just check with him.