+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Unexpected (but very much welcome) 3rd pregnancy... I'm panicking!

Hi all - I have just found out that I am pregnant with baby number 3. It was a HUGE shock and I feel like I've been having a panic attack for the past 48 hours.

I'm thrilled that we're having number three, but the timing is completely unexpected and my husband reallly didn't want a third baby. I feel like it's all up to me and that by going through with this I'm ruining his life (melodramatic, I know). He says he's okay he just needs time to adjust to the idea but he's not that communicative and all I feel like doing is bawling. My two beautiful little boys are 3 and 1, and I know they'll be excited because they love babies.

Even though I'm excited about this I'm SO shocked and so anxious because I have literally NO idea how far I am. I'm a bit of a dill, I have no concept of when my period was due or when conception may have been (I've been studying frantically so my mind has been elsewhere), so I could be anywhere between three weeks and three months. I've been eating shocking foods and haven't been taking any supplements (of course) so I also feel terrified that I've done something wrong. We're not in a terribly great financial position, but cost wise we have everything we need from the previous two kids, so I can't see what other expenses besides nappies and maybe formula, we'd need to fork out for...

I feel like I need some reassurance that we're going to be okay?! Has anyone else been in this position???? Should I be as terrified as I am?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You sound like me hehe. It will be fine hun! I didnt take supplements for my first two and they turned out pretty good (most of the time HAHA) you know the drill go to the docs etc get bloods and all that done and try as hard as you can not to worry!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You will of course be fine.

I was thinking about that couple on tv who had ivf for the second time wanting "just one more" and ended up with 6!

That Mum said "Can we do it? Well we ARE doing it!"

You'll be the same. You guys will just roll up your sleeves and get on with it because you will have no other option.

You're still in shock. YOur man is definately still in shock! (It hits them harder I think).

In time you'll just take it in your stride. Also, don't worry about diet etc in the past just make the healthy changes from now on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    of course you will be fine

its the ones that plan and plan and have fertility issues that always end up with issues not the whoops

if DH really did not want another then maybe he should have but some more thought into that

best of luck hope the rest is also easy for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our 4th was a huge shock for both of us and DH 4 weeks later has only now come round. He was angry, felt like I had ruined his life and his plans for us and the kids and generally just didnt want a 4th child!

Give hubby time to adapt, my hubby was also worried about the expense a new baby brings - but as I pointed out to him - I will bf - so no formula, and I make cloth nappies - so no expense on diposables, other than that how much does a new baby cost?? And if you have everything from your 2 other kiddies then you are pretty much set.

Dont stress it will work out

Have you booked into the dr's to get bloods and a referral for a scan?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummalisciousto3 View Post

Have you booked into the dr's to get bloods and a referral for a scan?
    I have only just booked an appt at the gp for an hour! Yikes, I'm having to get used to this idea very quickly.

I have no idea when my period was due, so how will they work that out, do you know?

Thanks
    Reviews
    They will probably refer you for a dating scan, that way you will definately have an idea of when ubs was conceived

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you! I'm so anxious. I haven't had any time to let it all sink in. Can you tell me if there's a big difference between having two kids and having three? I'm so scared i won't cope.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was literally in this exact same position 5wks ago !

I have a 3yr old and a 13mth old and had just in the couple of weeks leading up to finding out decided 2 was enough for us, DH husband was adament our 2xDS's were enough. DS2 turned 1 on the Friday and on the Monday we had an appointment for us all at the GP's, for vax, swine flu and for me to have some tests done as I believed my cycle had not returned since I fell pregnant with DS2 as I had not had a period in nearly 2 years. I told the Dr I was feeling really bloated and yucky and thought that it probably was on its way and that funnily enough I had actually thrown up that morning - she looked at me and laughed and said, "Your pregnant, not getting your period" one pregnancy test later, yep were are pregnant again, woops!

Like you I had NO idea how far I was, the Dr sent me for a dating scan to work out dates, worked out I was 7wks when we found out and 8wks at the scan... I'm 12.5wks now and have warmed to the reality very quickly .

DH has taken a little longer, Pregnancy was so far from his mind when I showed him the pregnancy test he asked if I had Diabetes , his first reaction was we couldn't continue with the pregancy, but as I said he has quickly changed his mind about that idea and is warming everyday more and more.

You will be fine! I'm a true believer in we are only given what we can handle. I know things are going to be harder we are even going to have to move house at some stage and continuing on one income for longer than I anticipated, but I know we will get through - I'm sure you guys will too, for some reason good people just have the ability to do it! Iykwim. It does take a while to sink in and even now I find myself questioning myself at times, but it always ends in a smile!

I wish you all the best!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sure have been in that position. Third child for us was never in our plan of things whatsover. After the intital shock and feelings you will become more excited.

If you need anything answered feel free to PM me.

Oh and this is hence my username Whatwasithinking (being pregnant with number 3). LOL.

Now though I couldn't imagine my family size without her!

I've now ensured that I have no more surprises!