ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

View Poll Results: What age is a young mum in your opinion?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Under 18

    21 22.34%
  • Under 20

    33 35.11%
  • Under 25

    36 38.30%
  • Under 30

    3 3.19%
  • Under 35

    0 0%
  • Under 40

    0 0%
  • Under 45

    0 0%
  • Under 50

    0 0%
  • Other

    1 1.06%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 63
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,626
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked
    39
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think under 25 is when you're a young mum. Early 20's is still young.

  2. #52
    Guest Guest
    I consider 20-25 a young 'person'. Not that its young to be a mum but the age is young, if you think your old wait till you hit 30 and its the beginning of things gravitating downwards and you'll look back at yourself at 25 and think 'oh I was so young and fresh looking!!' The world is still full of infinate possibilities. At that age I was neither here or there, still at uni and you don't 'have' to know what your doing with your life you know? So you may feel old but your young and enjoy being in your early 20's ladies, the 30's are crap!!!
    Below 20 I consider that a teen mum and technically a 'young mum'

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,082
    Thanks
    116
    Thanked
    92
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MyBabyLeo View Post
    I consider 20-25 a young 'person'. Not that its young to be a mum but the age is young, if you think your old wait till you hit 30 and its the beginning of things gravitating downwards and you'll look back at yourself at 25 and think 'oh I was so young and fresh looking!!' The world is still full of infinate possibilities. At that age I was neither here or there, still at uni and you don't 'have' to know what your doing with your life you know? So you may feel old but your young and enjoy being in your early 20's ladies, the 30's are crap!!!
    Below 20 I consider that a teen mum and technically a 'young mum'
    Way to make me look forward to my 30s MBL! lol

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,723
    Thanks
    572
    Thanked
    202
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MyBabyLeo View Post
    I consider 20-25 a young 'person'. Not that its young to be a mum but the age is young, if you think your old wait till you hit 30 and its the beginning of things gravitating downwards and you'll look back at yourself at 25 and think 'oh I was so young and fresh looking!!' The world is still full of infinate possibilities. At that age I was neither here or there, still at uni and you don't 'have' to know what your doing with your life you know? So you may feel old but your young and enjoy being in your early 20's ladies, the 30's are crap!!!
    Below 20 I consider that a teen mum and technically a 'young mum'

    Meh, speak for yourself I am having an awesome time in my 30's. Way better than 20's. I know who I am, where I am going, and have a lot to be proud of. Not much is more important than raising children. I definatley do not think I am aging badly. I am better now because I am HAPPY.

    To all those young mums out there, There is so much life to live and sharing my journey with my son who is 15 is wonderful. 33 with a 15 year old son is fun.

  5. #55
    Guest Guest
    Ok let me explain. This is how I see my 30's. Now I know not everyone is the same, but for me this is how it is.
    More pressure to have found your path and be established career wise, your 20's it was ok to still be at uni, everything is new and fresh, your no longer a teenager but a nadult exploring what the world has to offer. At 30, your done exploring!
    You probably have young children still or just having babies, most likely have a mortgage or paying some type of rent and trying to save, or paying off debt.
    Your body is no longer as it was. You can be skinny, go to the gym, but reality is you don't look like you did when you were 20, you just don't. And it has nothing to do with having kids, I have friends with no kids and we just don't look like babies. I look at photos of our 21'sts for example and we looked young.
    So I see it as the years where your working, raising young kids, paying off debt. No freedom like your 20's to not care about money and no freedom like your 40's where your established, debt payed off, kids are older and more alone time.
    Also, at 20 you don't need to look fresh, you just do. At 40 there are things you could do to make yourself look fresh. At 30 what do you do? Your not young to look young and not old enough to look young.
    you know?

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,082
    Thanks
    116
    Thanked
    92
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MyBabyLeo View Post
    Ok let me explain. This is how I see my 30's. Now I know not everyone is the same, but for me this is how it is.
    More pressure to have found your path and be established career wise, your 20's it was ok to still be at uni, everything is new and fresh, your no longer a teenager but a nadult exploring what the world has to offer. At 30, your done exploring!
    You probably have young children still or just having babies, most likely have a mortgage or paying some type of rent and trying to save, or paying off debt.
    Your body is no longer as it was. You can be skinny, go to the gym, but reality is you don't look like you did when you were 20, you just don't. And it has nothing to do with having kids, I have friends with no kids and we just don't look like babies. I look at photos of our 21'sts for example and we looked young.
    So I see it as the years where your working, raising young kids, paying off debt. No freedom like your 20's to not care about money and no freedom like your 40's where your established, debt payed off, kids are older and more alone time.
    Also, at 20 you don't need to look fresh, you just do. At 40 there are things you could do to make yourself look fresh. At 30 what do you do? Your not young to look young and not old enough to look young.
    you know?
    But that only applies to people who a) went to uni, and b) had their first child in their late 20s/early 30s....does it not?

    And lol @ nadult. I like being one.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,723
    Thanks
    572
    Thanked
    202
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MyBabyLeo View Post
    Ok let me explain. This is how I see my 30's. Now I know not everyone is the same, but for me this is how it is.
    More pressure to have found your path and be established career wise, your 20's it was ok to still be at uni, everything is new and fresh, your no longer a teenager but a nadult exploring what the world has to offer. At 30, your done exploring!
    You probably have young children still or just having babies, most likely have a mortgage or paying some type of rent and trying to save, or paying off debt.
    Your body is no longer as it was. You can be skinny, go to the gym, but reality is you don't look like you did when you were 20, you just don't. And it has nothing to do with having kids, I have friends with no kids and we just don't look like babies. I look at photos of our 21'sts for example and we looked young.
    So I see it as the years where your working, raising young kids, paying off debt. No freedom like your 20's to not care about money and no freedom like your 40's where your established, debt payed off, kids are older and more alone time.
    Also, at 20 you don't need to look fresh, you just do. At 40 there are things you could do to make yourself look fresh. At 30 what do you do? Your not young to look young and not old enough to look young.
    you know?

    Respectfully, I disagree. You are never too old for uni, but it is pretty obvious that there are many there who are too young. Still in the grasp of their parents influence, many have not learnt how to make their own choices. I have waited my whole life to go to uni, and now I am there and it was made for me. I am flying along. I have 3 young babies and a son who is 15. Many people ask me how I cope, and I feel sorry for them. I have my whole life ahead of me. I loved my 20's spent as a single mother raising a beautiful child. Carefully teaching him, I had all the patience in the world, and I can say full heartedly, that it was a decade well spent. I will be finished with my studies by the time I am 35. That is still so young. I have so much to live for. When my husband and I travel overseas for the first time, we will do it together, when I graduate I will have my family there who will be so proud of me. I have learnt to appreciate money because I have had to be so resourcful while being a young mother, as a result we do not have debt, but we have a massive windfall coming our way soon in the form of my wages. We are free now, and we are in our 30's. To each their own, but I am very happy with my life. Many people were wrong when they judged me, and it feels so good to see them eat their words now

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,201
    Thanks
    109
    Thanked
    81
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My view of young is different to all the views in the thread, last yr in yr 12 we did multiple essays on age, young and immaturity.

    Our class as a whole decided that age does not define young and old but level of maturity does. So to me young is the lowest level of maturity being immature.

    No one will probably understand that but it was the hypothesis that we came up with when we did a study for psychology as well....

    *tottles off to search through psych books and then comes back*

    Because its was done in yr 12 the teacher has to keep it for a yr just in case she is audited for her marks, as we all scored quite well.

  9. #59
    Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by An Chen View Post
    But that only applies to people who a) went to uni, and b) had their first child in their late 20s/early 30s....does it not?

    And lol @ nadult. I like being one.
    I didn't say all people did I?!
    But I personally feel having babies and toddlers and paying off a mortgage are some of the hardest stages, so far it is for me and having 6 siblings over 40, they tell me the same thing. Doing it in your late 20's and 30's is more common.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,082
    Thanks
    116
    Thanked
    92
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MyBabyLeo View Post
    I didn't say all people did I?!
    But I personally feel having babies and toddlers and paying off a mortgage are some of the hardest stages, so far it is for me and having 6 siblings over 40, they tell me the same thing. Doing it in your late 20's and 30's is more common.
    Okay, just the way you said it, it sounded like you were stating facts and not your personal situation. Hence the misunderstanding.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 129
    Last Post: 04-04-2013, 22:04

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

FEATURED SUPPORTER
Pea Pods Reusable NappiesPea Pods are the smart choice when it comes to choosing what's best for you, your baby and the environment. Affordable ...
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›

ADVERTISEMENT