+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default New at IVF wanting INFO and or ADVICE!

Hi all,
    i am very new to all of this and am wanting any info you can throw at me! my partner and i have recently found out we need to go through IVF as he has an extremely low sperm count! We are considering going through DR Watkins in Hobart but i have NO idea what to expect from our first appointment and i am feeling VERY overwhelmed! If anyone has nay pointers or can give me an idea on the costs associated with all of this or what expect even i would be VERY grateful!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    hi

best of luck we are an IVF, BFP

go into the IVF section their will be a TAS group and others that are seeing the same Dr you will get great support

just take one day at a time otherwise it can send you a little crazy but so can morning sickness when the BFP arrives (still yuck at 24 wks)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks! :-) we are going a little crazy at the moment with all the tests and stuff! I have posted something in the other bits but i am lost with all the different places you can put things on here! I jsut decided it was about time to chat to others who have gone or are going through this because at the moment i am just feeling really lost and OVER waiting! We probably left it a bit long before we went to our GP but we were trying to stay positive and then we realised it was not going to happen without some assistance or at least getting checked out!

Thanks again for the reply! Can see you have been sucessful! Congrats!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    over waiting - hence where my name came from

have you got any info from clinic yet

costs of procedure types of cycles
    if your tests are ok and only sperm issues have you looked at IUI costs are a lot less

unfortunately waiting is something you are going to have to get used to its a huge waiting game and counting days etc does get yo you

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are booking into the clinic in the next few weeks. Totally understand your name now LOL! My tests were fine so hopefully it will all go well! Cost is not a thing we are worries about it is a small price to pay to have a family! But we would like to know so we know what we are up against! Know it is pretty costly but we will just have to get over that part! Will have a look at the IUI, thanks, like i said i am VERY new at this and trying to absorb all this information!